Yuki Kajiura to compose for Chinese Movie “L.O.R.D.”

The music was pretty nice. It's definitely "epic" Kajiura, so lots of strings, arabic sounds, and chanting. Eri, Hanae, and Yuri all show up, and they really put in the work; their pieces were the stand outs of the soundtrack. If I were to compare this to any of her previous soundtracks, I'd say it has a little Hokuto, a little Elemental Gelade, and a lot of f/z.
haha so i was right.. the shit-tier was also expected I think.
also I'm glad there is Eri Hanae and Yuri!! I can't wait to hear them.

Just got back form watching this movie. Wow. I know Kajiura has written music for shitty productions, but this is a whole new level. The movie was just a mess.
Just a question, have you heard Kajiurian version of the theme song and ending song? The former's title is changed into "We fell in love", the latter is changed into"Flowers in Sand". In North American edition, they are sung by Joelle, SH's Joelle,We can't hear these two songs in Chinese edition, what a pity.

Just a question, have you heard Kajiurian version of the theme song and ending song? The former's title is changed into "We fell in love", the latter is changed into"Flowers in Sand". In North American edition, they are sung by Joelle, SH's Joelle,We can't hear these two songs in Chinese edition, what a pity.

Wow really ? :O that's really cool

wanna listen!

Oh really? What a surprise :) I love Joelle's voice. Cant wait to hear her songs under kajiura's arrangements

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Hm i think that it wasnt joelle's song in kajiura's arrangement but that kajiura hired joelle to sing the songs we already heard in chinese, in kajiurago. (or that's what i get from elcazador's post)

Hm, I didn't stick around to watch all the credits, so I can't really say; however, there is a Kajiuran version that plays during one of the battle scenes in the movie. It was sung by Eri.

A) to look cool
B) cause he doesn't wear contacts and needs them irl

Why even ask?

^ because thats what i thought when i saw the mic being so close xd (i guess he was looking at the lyrics paper though)

Thanks! Why does he need those big glasses to look at the microphone thats 5 cm further ? :XD:
Like Grunty said, looking cool may be a reason. In Asia, glasses are considered a fashion accessory. You'll see a lot of artists (and just regular people) wearing non-prescription glasses (essentially, lenses that serve no purpose) just for the glasses frame for fashion. It's like wearing a necklace or a ring - serves no purpose but to make a fashion statement.

Also, again like Grunty said, if I need glasses to see (which I do) and I'm not wearing contacts, I'll need to wear them at all times because otherwise I'm blind as a bat. Even if it is just singing into a microphone without my needing to read anything coherently, not wearing glasses or contacts is extremely uncomfortable because of the blurred vision and makes it hard to concentrate on what I'm doing.

It wasn’t there when I checked last night, but the uploader has added an English translation.

“Sand of Life”

Singer: Cheney Chen
Music: Yuki Kajiura
Lyrics: Guo Jingming & Luo Luo

Grains of sand buried underneath the sideburns
Flower blossomed in your palm, with a husky fragrance
Simple phrases can’t express my worry towards you,
Love and hate, promises, are meaningless action
Wind blew away the sand and your flawlessness
Melted snow has become the white horse in your dream
The footsteps of your leaving

Who is hiding beneath your sideburns
a familiar bloody plum blossom
In front of the window, someone with his sadness eyesight
Awaiting for your appearance, to warm his eyes
Recall our past together.

found a full version of the movie :sohappy:
haven't watch it yet, skipped to minutes 04:00 where kajiuran track plays. and yes it doesn't fit the scene. The song just like old kajiuran style, (with vocal, operatic and dark) BUT it doesn't fit the scene very well (sorry for my english)

why did they use a dramatic music for a battle scene? not using an epic one with drum and some other instrumental? :cry:

why did they used sad and dramatic soundtrack with kajiurago in it when the main character (?) is at the crowded market (?) and walking while smiling ??

it's subbed and the video quality is shit
but at least we can hear kajiura's music in this movie

Last edited by a moderator:
^ its known trick to put good looking actors in movies to attract viewers even when the plot and anything else in the movies is bad ;)

watching and i find it weird that the action start right away without any introduction of the situation or the characters or who are the evil guys. So lazy work, if they are going to copy they should at least do it right. :desksweat:

so far i have liked the bgm at the training - in greenish- environment scene, but its kinda like a mix of misterioso and mune no yukue in the feel. So there's Kalafina in too huh ?

LOL at the fly-and-fall part XD

Watched all of it, even though its not truly 'full". The movie is all over the place, i didnt understand any of the plot apart from that suddenly pop up various evil people or beasts and fight with the good. Icant even tell if the music is good because the sound quality is bad.

found one Kalafina track, 2 Eri tracks, 1 Kasahara and 2-3 with chorus and they play the main theme song as bgm but only the screaming/chorus part ? Even an amateur could do better than this sound "director".

Last edited:
Movie seems shit and the sound direction seems even worse, indeed. But I only skipped through it a bit.

Back