Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

It does sound like BGM(Yuriko??). Could be one of the remixes of the OP since most likely be used prominently in this special ep to hell lol

We'll see.

> Blu-ray: ¥7,700(税込)
> DVD: ¥6,600(税込
The DVD/BD price kinda screams double-length episode. But maybe it's this expensive because it's original...

That Jan 8 event and us even getting this extra episode is still suspicious. Definitely some S2 vibes.

More Kajiura on New year’s eve. Exciting news.
Saw the song coming, but I expected it for season 2 instead of this OVA. Assuming she will be there on S2 too, If ASCA already has this EP scheduled for January 26, then we can’t expect S2 coming any soon (not winter or spring, at best summer)?
Or maybe this is why they release it as an EP instead of a single? Release plans might differ.
And do I count it as 2021 or 2022? Confused for the playlists 😵‍💫

I mean, if they somehow pulled a surprise 2nd cour in Winter (after the still ongoing re-broadcast and special episode) that would be insane.
It would lineup with special episode BD at the end of March and cour2 BDs continuing, too. And we'd get another standalone OST in February/March. We blessed.

But the chances of that... hurr...

That said, if this is in fact a longer episode AND it has new music AND there is no OST tokuten with the BD... We need more info.

PS. Does anyone know if anything's taking the re-broadcast airtime in January? (Sunday 21:30 @ Tokyo-MX)

Edit:
You know, I'm delusional even thinking this could happen, lol.

Last edited:
New ASCA song, heck yeah! I admittedly saw this coming, but I’m still happy it was confirmed!

I love that the song’s gonna be the Starting The Case: Vocal Version. That’s such an interesting choice, and I really like that!

What I did not see coming was the new version of Hibari! I’m so excited!

It sounds surprisingly good...O____O. Still.... for me, it's Konno's violin > ASCA's voice & live version >>> recording version. The song is named "Kimi ga Mita Yume no Monogatari", and it really made me think of See-Saw's "Kimi ga Ita Monogatari"…lol.

P.S. What happens to our WaverKun? From Reines' point of view, it must be really fun...lol.

Yes when i tap that link it was only text somehow the video didnt load 😅
Sorry.

Anyway the song sounds good but im sure some instruments are missing.

i'm not a fan of the vocal but each to their own. the flute ver of case zeppelin is nice.

there's been a looot of flute lately :p

This could go to SAO thread too but the EP will also contain a song (not by Kajiura) for a SAO mobile game (its track #2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrYP9TOtvsg
As for the vocals at the very beginning of the El Melloi trailer, im pretty sure they are part of the song intro, since there is someone doing backing vocals for the rest of the song too.

Coool! I loved Hibari and some ASCA songs. So I am excited for this. I can't wait to hear the sample. Konno is always a plus for me. Heh

nyaa~

ok....so the reason no stand-alone cause they used the previous osts lol..tho I heard 2-4 new tracks? as expected no announcement but the talk show this january might have? 2023 s2 lol?

2mins ed theme in the special ep....full release midnight in Japan.

Happy New Year y'all!!!

ASCA's song really drags and wanders aimlessly for me. It feels like they didn't know if it should be an uptempo track or not. The verses with "starting the case" melody are just bad to me.
I like the backing vocals though - wonder if they include some of them on the instrumental like on Hibari... but then on Hibari they really felt like part of the song...

I've got same vibes as storia, Mirai or cazador del amor. When Kajiura covers her BGMs, I don't get the structure of the song. I like it but I feel it messy....

Btw, again that Yuriko(?) Kajiurago BGM before the song only in the episode. Hmm...

Agreed with @Azokad, except I have no issue with el cazador/del amor. ;)

Looked at the digital single for ASCA's song and the youtube MV seems uncompressed compared to digital. Hopefully the bluray MV has this audio in lossless...

Back