Yuki Kajiura music for Lord El-Melloi II

I don't want to be negative but eh... more Fate and sidestories...? While SAO is also continuing for another year or two? Well, I guess the well of SAO/Fate might run dry faster this way...

Meanwhile TYPE-MOON fans are still waiting for Tsukihime 2 and Tsukihime anime...

Edit: PV
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1079752540055457795

Confirmed. At least it's not strings in the forefront.

Site:
https://anime.elmelloi.com/

Not sure what "Episode 0" they mention is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of surprise too considering she had many things to work for but it somehow fits since it was linked to fate/zero. I like what I'm hearing tho but I hope this and FateHF would be her last fate series to compose.

Yea, I'm not mad at the PV. It feels quirky (well, hey Waver) and doesn't look bombastic so hopefully no all out strings fronted tracks. Maybe someone read the novels and can say what the show might be.

Edit: Lol, I mentioned Tsukihime before seeing the comments in that twitter thread for the PV...

Mixed feelings. I liked what I heard in the pv, but I want Kajiura to jump off the fate train and work on something else. I guess she was brought on because of ties to fate zero?

Synopsis sounds interesting. It’s not an action series(thank god), so hopefully we’ll get a nice ost.

BTW Episode 00 is out, I think. I've not watched it yet. Hope it's not the case of spoilers clipshow for the entire show. (Like X TV "0".)

Edit: Sure is low volume on BGM. Also flipping strings.
I liked the last track during the credits (inb4 not kajiura). But it's like the only one you can hear, lol.

More coherently:
The volume is too low to give any kind of judgement on the whole episode's music but when that strings action track started I lost all hope...
The track from the credits restored it a bit.

She's never worked with the sound director, Jin AKETAGAWA before so the soundtrack mite b cool.

BTW Episode 00 is out, I think. I've not watched it yet. Hope it's not the case of spoilers clipshow for the entire show. (Like X TV "0".)

Edit: Sure is low volume on BGM.

Gib link please~

Music sounds pretty good. Other than the track from the chase scene, the music isn't generic Kajiura. Props to Kajiura for using more harpsichord and oboe, and not overusing strings (and I hope it stays like this, hue). The ED piece was delicious. I'm excited for this show now.

when that strings action track started I lost all hope...
Hue, yeah. The flute was also usual Akagi. The synth and sfx sound pretty cool. I don't really dislike the track, hue.

I hear the bgm good enough and it seems to have a medival style so far, like grunty said, i like that the strings are way back in the background this time.

Wow. Thanks for all the information provided here. I really appreciate it.

The BGMs are very good I think. They sound fresh and they don't sounds like Kajiura-usual-style at all (except for the car scene).

Question : how many episode will this Anime has and when will the next episode aired?
Thanks in advance

The music sounds a little clearer/better on headphones but no, to me that's still way too quiet compared to dialogue volume.

@giffy
It starts in July. I don't think they said how many episodes it is so 12(+episode 0) is a safe guess for a TV anime. :p

I liked the last track during the credits (inb4 not kajiura). But it's like the only one you can hear, lol.

Only Kajiura is credited for the music. When typemoon does the same with other projects (bgm instead of OP/ED song) they use some other track from the soundtrack. The troumpet melody reminded me of some other famous music i dont remember the title of.
Capture.JPG

Back