Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.10"Kaji Fes."

I just preordered the book and bookmarks! Since now I am reading again and actual books, I will use these, but be very careful with them of course. hehe Can't wait to see the book, too bad it's the end of the month, although also it's a good thing since I don't have any money right now. :dote:

Re: Kaji-Fest!!

FictionJunctionBarbi said:
Does someone know about the concert?? I want to watch the video!! Does anyone have it or know where to find it?

Several of us attended that concert. The video cameras only seemed to be for the screens in the hall, not for a video recording as there was no dolly track at the front of the seating.

I placed an order for Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#10“Kaji Fes. 2013”AFTER LIVE MEMORIAL BOOKLET via fromjapan.co.jp. How have other people ordered it from outside Japan?

I'm glad the book and the bookmarks went on CDJapan. Anyone know what the book contains? I'm thinking of getting it (and I'll definitely get the bookmarks) but I've got to budget for future releases.

I really wish I could get that card deck. Any place that's selling them and shipping overseas? There seems to be a Yahoo Auction that can be accessed by fromjapan.co.jp but I don't know how reliable the site or the seller are.

Re:

Coral said:
I'm glad the book and the bookmarks went on CDJapan. Anyone know what the book contains? I'm thinking of getting it (and I'll definitely get the bookmarks) but I've got to budget for future releases.

I really wish I could get that card deck. Any place that's selling them and shipping overseas? There seems to be a Yahoo Auction that can be accessed by fromjapan.co.jp but I don't know how reliable the site or the seller are.

The book contains photos, interviews (all Japanese except they keep the English for Emily Bindiger's interview), a list of live shows dating back to the first See-Saw show and set lists from YK Live vol. #1 up to but not including the January 2013 FictionJunction CLUB LIVE shows.

You can register with a site like www.fromjapan.co.jp and they can order items from Japanese web sites that ship to a Japan address (e.g. everything on spacecraft.co.jp except fanclub-only items) then forward them to you.

Thanks Kugayama! I'll try the service out. I'll be getting the cards, bookmarks, and vocal music sheets (I'm really curious about the exact notes for every singer in songs like Zodiacal Sign, Mezame, and Xenosaga). Maybe I should get the binder too... that seems like the logical choice even though shipping it could be a pain. I guess I'll forgo the book since I don't read much Japanese.

Re: Re:

Kugayama said:
You can register with a site like http://www.fromjapan.co.jp and they can order items from Japanese web sites that ship to a Japan address (e.g. everything on spacecraft.co.jp except fanclub-only items) then forward them to you.

thanks for this recommendation :sohappy:
do you know any other similar sites like this?

Sorry for the extremely late fanaccount.... (more than one month already passed....T^T.) I'm so busy with the conference and thesis proposal when I went back to Canada....Orz...(Finish presenting the proposal today..will have some free time!!)

Here is my (extremely long...14 A4 pages with Calibri font size 11..lol.) report for the live. I've checked the setlist with setlists from other members posted here...so George can use it to update the discography :).

(I think the discography in CPM still contains some mistakes about the supporting vocalists. From what I've seen so far:
14 is by Asuka+FJ+Hikaru;
Yuriko and Hikaru were not the chorus together for all of Yuuka's songs, but it may not be that necessary to fix;
36 is an instrumental track so there are no Eri or FJ presented;
not all FJ presented in 43-46 (esp. 45, it's Emily solo - no FJ at all)); and
52 is Emily with Wakana, Yuriko, Keiko. So in fact it's Emily+FJ without Kaori, not Emily & Kaori.)

Before I start my report, those Yuri's photos are so nice...!!! The old-rose dress is for Materialize, and I'm not sure whether the purple dress is for Point Zero or Salva Nos, but she wore three different dresses on that night, and her dress+her move in Point Zero made her look really like the last boss as Yuki said....lol. (The track (s)he rules us came to my mind now...lol.)

Oh...also..for anyone who took the photo with me in the concert and want to have the photos, plz send me the e-mail via pm. I'll send them to that address.

[Fanaccount] 130511 KajiFes

First of all, I must accept that I'm really unsatisfied with the quality of the sound system. Everything is way TOO loud that I think I couldn't tell if they did any mistake. But the good thing is I feel quite relieved that my voice when I kept singing along with them, with my clueless Japanese..lol, wouldn't bother other people too much. (Or it's still....must ask Smiley who sat next to me for that...TT)

Kalafina

1. Overture+Oblivious (ch. Hanae Tomaru)

The first voice I heard after the long overture is sweet Konno's violin solo, which is usually my favourite part for Kalafina's Oblivious performance, but not for today..:D. The girls are in Sprinter PV costume and KoreSan wore sunglasses today. His hair looked so different that I wasn't sure that whether it's REALLY him??? lol. (You have seen his photos from Yuri's facebook....so... you know..lol.)

It's the first time that I heard Hikaru singing at live by my own ear. Well...I must accept the truth. The first impression for me that it's really 'piercing', as many ones who don't like her keep complaining. (But you may need to blame the sound system as well....even Keiko's smooth voice can sound annoying at times.) It's too piercing for my taste as well. But I didn't care about that anymore when I heard Hanae's voice. Honestly, I feel like I was screaming inside, voicelessly!!! It's Hanae!!! Kalafina with the real chorus singer!!! It's definitely the best Oblivious live so far.

Wakana's voice is so rich and full. I believe that my bad impression when I heard her and Kaori at live for the first time in LA last year is the sound system fault. When I joined the LA concert, I felt that their voices were not as rich as I heard in the recording back then, but I didn't feel it in this time (both for Wakana and Kaori) All of those Wakana's high-chorus controversial parts were taken by Hanae, so it's just perfect. I'm sorry that I didn't pay much attention for Keiko and Hikaru. I was completely drawn by Hanae's superb singing and Wakana's voice (which I feel that it sounds so better than the last time.)

2. Consolation (ch. Hanae Tomaru)

I'm sure that Consolation with Hanae must be something EPIC!! Wakana still did the scratching parts but she didn't fail like in the studio live. Hikaru sounds REALLY good in low register, and after I've heard three of them at live, I think I can choose my bias among Kalafina now..lol. HiChan...you're my favourite!!! Wakana sounds so good, and Hikaru did really great job at the ending. I LUV it more than the recording version!!! With consistent&powerful Keiko and gorgeous Hanae, this song is my favourite in the first half of the concert :D

MC1 Kalafina introduction. Accordian came in. So we knew what would come next ;)

3. Hanataba

I'm really disappointed with the accordian in this song. It sounds so awkward especially at the start (but it's just only in this song. He's really great afterwards.) Hikaru's first verse is so emotional, as we can expect from this grown-up HiChan :D. Wakana sounds a bit off-key during the hook. Keiko sounds so good in her solo-part, but I still prefer Hikaru's one.

Hikaru's verse before the accordian solo sounds more aggressive, comparing to the same melody line that she sang at the beginning. But it blends better with Wakana&Keiko. It's hard to decide what I want this song sound like.... My most favourite part is Hikaru's emo verse at the start, but it's also the only one part that didn't go well with the other part of the song... Huhhhh...

4. Signal (ch. Yuriko Kaida)

OMG...HiChan....how can you be so awesome in the low voice...!!! Wakana's scratching parts sound extremely better than the recording. I think that she sounds more awkward in the recording, but in this live, Wakana sounds sexier and more confident..^ ^. During that part, Wakana stood in the middle, and the spotlight shining at her has a different colour from the others shining on other vocalists and musician. It made Wakana look so outstanding!!

The best moment is when Yuriko joined with them. Her singing is so terrific!!! Yuriko really stole the spotlight from Kalafina. Wakana sounds quite tired now. Without this, Signal would take the best place in my mind for the first half from Consolation..lol. The combination of Yuriko's Kajiurago and Korenaga's guitar solo is just epic!! Many fans stood up when Kalafina raised their hands and they just kept standing til the end of the song.

5. Hikari Furu

Even I prefer Hikari Furu to Sagitta Luminus, it doesn't mean that I'm a fan of this song. However, Wakana did a good job in that very high parts at the beginning. It may be not great, but it's the best that I've heard from her so far. The violin is really good. I really like the screen showing behind them. Even it's just a simple graphic, it's really matched the song. Not something ridiculous like what they had in 5th Anni live or in PV. I think that Hikaru sounds too aggressive in their interweaving bridge.

I think there is another MC here. Maybe they thank the audiences and Yuki, and announce their last song.. I'm not sure about that. (I'm quite sure that they said sth. about the last song which would be Anna Ni, but I might mix up with sth. else coz I didn't see anyone talk about this.)

6. Anna ni issho datta no ni

Can't remember much detail in this perf... I just keep singing highly, happily..lol. Love the violin and all of them. So many people stood up with them. Even I'm so happy that they sang this song, which is my 'first-love' for Yuki, in this live, I also have a bad feeling that 'ok...so...whether they have another secret guest or not.., I know that it can't be Chiaki..*sob*.'

My favourite for Kalafina
1. Consolation
2. Signal
3. Oblivious

(So... I think the big factor for me is the original chorus...lol.)

Instrumental

7. Ordinary sunset (from El cazador de la Bruja)

This song is an Accordian solo. He is really good in this song... so different from Hanataba!!

8. Romance (from NOIR)

It started from Korenaga's solo, and then the Accordian joined in. It sounds so amazing..!!! I love the exotic atmosphere of the song so much..!!!

Yuki came in now.

FictionJunction

9. Everlasting song (Asuka ch. 4 FictionJunction)

The pattern is the same as in Live 9 DVD. Asuka sounds so good at live and Yuriko is still so awesome. Love the violin as always. Kaori also sounds very good in this song.

10. Parallel Hearts

Almost all people stood up in this song. Wakana sounds quite tired again. Interestingly, Kalafina's fail-almost-every-time Oblivious is so great today, but FictionJunction's always-qualified Parallel Hearts isn't that good today...O_O.

MC2 What I can remember... Yuki said Konnichiwa and she said sth. like oh..it should be Konbanwa...lol. (However, I've asked my Japanese friend about the use of Konnichiwa. She said that besides 'Good Afternoon', it can be used as 'Hello' at anytime. But if you want to specify the time, you may use Ohayo in the morning and Konbanwa in the evening.)

11. Distance

Wakana&Yuriko&Kaori sound really great at the beginning!! Kaori is very emotional...love her singing!! I love Wakana in this song. Keiko's solo is also so moving and lovely..especially when Kaori joined in. Wakana's legato sounds not full and long enough.. (it's the one after the bridge, before violin solo that comes before the last hook.) Yuriko and Kaori at the ending are extremely awesome..!!

12. Toki no mukou ni maboroshi no sora

Kaori is so good here. She managed her solo verse really well (while in the recording, I feel that it's too low for her and her singing sounds like she wasn't comfortable to sing that low as the main vocal.) Wakana sounds better in this song, and have I told that how much I love the violin? lol.

13. Stone cold

Yuriko...>_____<. You're awesome!!! I think this one is really good!! Best Stone Cold I've watched so far... Even Wakana sounds a bit tired, I couldn't blame her. It isn't a good idea to put all FictionJunction song together because she's the lead vocal in all songs...=____=". Kaori sounds so awesome here.

My favourite for FictionJunction
1. Stone Cold
2. Distance

MC3 Yuki talked. Asuka and Akagi Rie came in.

FictionJunction ASUKA (ch. 4 FictionJunction and Hikaru)

14. Uta (by See-Saw)

The flute is really lovely. Asuka did a good job here. Her singing style is closer to Chiaki than anyone in Kalafina. I love the bell (chime?) and the violin near the end as well as the chorus from other girls. Wakana stood in the middle and Hikaru took Wakana's usual spot on the left. Five of them stood in the line behind Asuka.

Instrumental

15. When the fairy tale ends

Flute and violin sound so lovely. The drum also sounds very interesting at the end. Each of six musicians got different colour spotlights in this song. I like what they did here...it made each of them look outstanding :D.

16. Homecoming (from RHH)

The violin and flute are so sweet. This is a very soothing and nostalgic song. The keyboard solo from Yuki is also beautiful.

FictionJunction Yuuka

The chorus are Yuriko and Hikaru. There is only one chorus in some songs. If I wrote only Yuriko or Hikaru, that means there was only one chorus in that song. But if I wrote both with (?) at the end, that means I think that both of them should be there, but I'm not sure.

17. Circus (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko, Hikaru)

Yuuka is so cute at live. Yuriko and Hikaru did a good job. I love FictionJunctionYuuka's songs as always...TT...even I feel that her voice keeps more and more piercing when the time goes by.. Yuriko dealt with the higher chorus and Hikaru sang the lower part. They went so well together.

18. Kouya Ruten (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko, Hikaru (?))

Yuuka sounds so fierce and Konno's solo is extremely awesome. Yuuka didn't hold that 'Are wa tsuki no yume kaaaa...' part as long as she could do in Live 4, which is quite disappointed for me.

MC4 Yuki talked. Accordian came in. When Yuki talked, I saw Yuriko and Hikaru talking to each other (not via the mic) and I think I saw Hikaru giggled shyly..cute HiChan..so wonder what were they talking..lol.

19. Blessing (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko, Hikaru (?))

The accordean is so sweet. I really love Yuuka's staccato. It sounds so natural, while I don't like Wakana's and Keiko's staccato that sound so stiff and forced. Her sweet staccato sounds like raindrops falling on a silver tray or sth. like that...lol. To think about this, I feel that Yuuka is a kind of an expert for some singing techniques like vibrato or staccato, even her voice isn't that outstanding..:).

I'm not a big fan of Blessing but the live version is really good. Hikaru has a special English part (at least I think that it's special...or it may be filtered in the recording and I couldn't hear it so clear) in the bridge. Really sweet song and sweet Yuuka..!!!

20. Nostalgia (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko)

Rie came in again. It's really emotional song... There is the extension as in Live 4. I can't not love the drum here. I believe that Yuuka did some mistake during the second verse. She's also off-beat a bit. The violin is extremely awesome! Yuriko is the only one chorus in this song. The flute is really great here.. it can't help that I want to listen to Hitomi no Kakera with Rie at live as well....T___T. It's my favourite FJY song...

21. Rokugatsu wa kimi no eien (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko, Hikaru (?))

Yuuka is so sweet...>_____<. I think it's the first time that she performed this song at live. I can't remember the song name and I've thought that it's Yorokobi because there is the word Yorokobi in the song..then I jotted down 'Yorokobi' at that time..lol. (bad FJY fan is here....TT)

22. Akatsuki no kuruma (FictionJunction Yuuka ch.Hikaru)

The live is far better than the recording and it's the best Akatsuki no Kuruma I've listened to. Yuuka's vibrato is really awesome..!! I'm quite surprised that Hikaru is the only one chorus in this song. The violin is so...>////////<.....I LUV his violin...!!!! <3<3<3

Another MC here. Yuriko came back.

23. Silly-Go-Round (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko, Hikaru)

Most people stood up in this song. Yuriko and Konno are so awesome. I think Yuki did some mistake on the keyboard..lol. It's really fun and cheerful. Even Yuuka isn't as powerful as other girls, she's really good at building the atmosphere of the live :). It's something that you can't feel from just watching from the video.

24. Nowhere (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko, Hikaru)

Yuuka managed the low notes quite well. I really love the violin. Yuriko's Yanla ni is quite too loud so that I barely heard Yuuka's and Hikaru's duet before the last hook. (It's one of my favourite part in Live 4...so I a bit disappointed....:(.) People still kept standing since the previous song... it looks like a standing ovation for YuukaChan..:D.

MC5

25. Yasashii Yoake (FictionJunction Yuuka ch. Yuriko)

Rie provided her sweet flute here. It's so awesome...as well as the drum. Yuuka's style is really different from Chiaki's and she's lack of power, comparing to rich&powerful Chiaki's singing. But this song is really matched Yuuka's style. At the end, I can't remove Yuuka's version of Yasashii Yoake from my head, and it's a bit difficult to recall the original one..lol. I really love Rie's&Konno's combo...why can't Rie be the permanent band member here...T^T.

My favourite from FictionJunction Yuuka

1. Blessing
2. Akatsuki no Kuruma
3. Yasashii Yoake

[20 mins intermission]

1. Point zero (Kasahara Yuri ch. 4 FictionJunction)

Yuri looks so awesome... she wore a dress with the wing-like sleeves... ah... how to say..it's like a costume for the witch or wizard. They had the burning frame moving in the screen behind her and Yuri and all 4 FictionJunction looks like silhouette in front of the bonfire. The scene looks so dramatic, mysterious, and awesome..!!! I really love the drum in this song. FictionJunction did Tokyo Konsei parts.

At first, I feel that Yuri's voice wasn't loud enough. Her singing is really great but I can't hear it clearly. But to think about this again, Point Zero is mainly Tokyo Konsei song. Yuri just provided an operatic background voice for this song, not the main melody. I may expect too much to hear her singing and be disappointed...:(. (Point Zero is also one of my favourite song from Fate Zero.) Now I want to hear it at live again and pay more attention on the Tokyo Konsei main parts sung by the four FictionJunction... but it'd be too late now...except they decide to release BD/DVD of Point Zero live with Yuri in the future...lol.

2. Let the stars fall down (Hanae Tomaru ch. Yuriko)

Hanae and Yuriko duet again... I prefer the live 9 version, but this one is also really great. The violin is so yummy...really Konno's style!!

3. Lotus (Hanae Tomaru ch. Yuriko, Keiko, Kaori)

Hanae is so awesome in this song..!!! Even better than in Live 9. Her voice is strong and clear.. She completely dominated three other girls. (Credit for better sound mix+Wakana wasn't there?) It blended with other girls' voices so well...definitely better than the recording in Live 9!! The guitar is so good and I like the pre-recorded eastern-like percussion sound near the end. Love Konno's violin as always..!!

MC6: Remi came in

4. Rainbow main theme (Remi)

Remi is the solo vocalist in this song, accompanied with Yuki's piano. She's so awesome. Like Eri who is also a light-operatic singer, Remi's live singing is really really better than what you heard in the recording. I haven't watched her perf. with Sound Horizon before so I was excited with her singing so much.

I guess that Rainbow is an Italian song because the way that Remi pronounced those Rrrr sounds (and it's similar to what I hear in those traditional Italian songs), while these things do not exist in Kokia's original version. For those who're already familiar with the original version may feel a bit weird. (In fact...me too..lol.) But it's still really good at live.

I guess that they added the chime sound before the other instruments joined the piano in the second half of the song. It's really nice... I became Remi's fan now..:P.

5. Luminous sword (Remi ch. Kaori)

Honestly, Remi's live singing is extremely good!! And please forgive me from praising Konno's violin...I just can't stop...>_____<. Even the duet of Hanae and Yuriko in Let the star fall down are really good, I still feel some discordance in their voices, but not for Remi&Kaori. They are the best duet I've ever heard!!! Luminous sword at live is really really more magnificent than the recording!!

6. Historia op theme (4 FictionJunction)

Mainly, it's Wakana and Yuriko. I didn't notice much detail...sorry..TT. Rie came in after this song ended.

7. Credens justitiam (Eri Itou ch. 4 FictionJunction)

My glorious Eri...she made me love this song now...TT. Her voice is so sweet...really sweet and fantastic..!!! I really love her voice... her vibrato is so nice. Wakana took the lead role in the second hook and Rie didn't sing anything in that part. She's back in the third hook.

IMO, Eri is the guest who is the best at blending her voice with FictionJunction. Five of them sound awesome together. Rie flute is also really nice. She always moved along her flute playing and it looks like a joyful dance... Rie is one of the most entertaining musicians to watch at live for me.

MC7 Next is the Tsubasa Chronicle Medley Time!!

8. Voices silently sing (Eri Itou ch. 4 FictionJunction)

My favourite song in this live...>_____<. When I wrote my note during the concert, I jotted down 'This song is the strong candidate to be my favourite song of the night', and it is!!! Not only the gorgeous singing, but it also has the yummiest instrumental parts.

Eri's singing is just perfect... and even far better than the recording. She killed me with her glorious voice...>______<. At the start, the flute sounds so low and mysterious... I don't know whether it's a prerecording or some technique on playing.., but it sounds really nice. The guitar solo is also awesome. After that, the flute went wild and Rie also moved wildly with her flute....she's so awesome...!!!

9. Once Upon A Time There Was You and Me / Ring Your Song (Eri Itou ch. 4 FictionJunction)

This is one of my favourite OST songs from Yuki. Yuriko did a very good supporting role here. The flute solo is so emotional and sweet. After the first part of Once Upon A Time There Was You and Me, they switched to Ring your song. The violin is really sweet as well.

After one verse from Ring your song, they went back to the drum part of Once Upon A Time There Was You and Me. Rie left. I love the violin and drum. I think that Eri sang that very high ending note of each verse in Once Upon A Time There Was You and Me lower than the original. (I think they had rehearsed it in this way, because she sang the same note in every verse.)

At the end of the song, Eri sang alone without any chorus, and she started the next song almost right after she ended the previous one. It's really nice idea and it built tense and dramatic atmosphere, but I think it's too much for Eri. It sounds like she had a problem with breathing at the start of the next song.

10. A song of storm and fire (Eri Itou ch. 4 FictionJunction)

The violin is so sweet!! Even Eri isn't perfect in this song, it's still a really nice and awesome performance to watch at live. Her high note legatos are so full and long that I couldn't follow till the end. I can do that for the FictionJunction members other than Yuriko but not for these operatic singer guests... love you Eri <3

11. Crush (Instrumental)

Awesome flute..!!! As well as the violin... Rie+Konno = EPICNESS!!! I know that our Konno is already a daddy, but can I ship Konno-Rie couple...XP.

12. Alone (Eri Itou ch. Keiko)

The contrast between their voices isn't as much as Hanae+Keiko. They only did the short version of Alone, and continue to the next song.

13. Bloody rabbit (4 FictionJunction)

Yuriko is extremely awesome!! Konno played something really different that I can't explain in words. He did sth. with the violin and it sounds differently. (It isn't a pre-recorded or sth. because I did see that he did sth. with the violin chord and then it sounds different.) His playing is really wild and fierce... I love it..!!! Wakana also did a good job as a main vocal.

14. Contractor (Eri Itou ch. 4 FictionJunction)

Eri came in. FictionJunction started the first part, Wakana as the main vocal. Then Eri took the second hook. The violin is so great. Keiko also got a solo, taking Eri's part! The way that Eri dealing with the higher part at the end before the guitar solo is so terrific! The guitar and drum are also awesome!!

MC8

15. We’re gonna groove

Nice combination of Accordian, guitar, drum, and bass. But guitar and accordean are the most outstanding ones.

16. Canta per me (Yuriko Kaida, accordian only accompaniment)

Yuriko's solo is really nice. It's hard to believe but only accordean makes this song perfect..!! Yuriko is so awesome here, and I love this arrangement so much..!!!

17. Salva nos (Yuri Kasahara ch. 4 FictionJunction)

Yuri got a special extension at the beginning. (I think it's Fiction I version.) She changed her costume in this song, and it made her look like a queen. She sounds really great!! It's so different from the recording version. It sounds more magnificent and powerful while FJ version sounds livelier and more energetic, but weaker.

She completely dominated the stage. The big difference from FJ version is her vibrato...so impressive.. so elegant..!!! FJ also sang their version in some part, but I didn't feel the big contrast like Mezame in Live 9. The violin solo is also great. There are many parts that Yuri sang alone without chorus. And many fans stood up in this song.

18. The world (Emily Bindiger ch. Kaori, Wakana, Yuriko)

It's Emily's time!! The introduction is still the pre-recorded. The violin is as awesome as always...>/////<. All fans stood up when Emily appeared.. (You can guess that how excited they are... she hasn't started singing yet!!) I cried out so much that I couldn't keep singing along. I accept that I also cried a few time at the concert in LA when I watched them live for the first time, but not as much as this..!! (So...hope that I'm not the only one who cried in this concert....XD.)

For anyone who is worried about her recent works with Yuki in Fiction II, she may get older, but she is still powerful..!! Emily is the most powerful singer that we had in that night. IMO, she is at the same level as Keiko even in that age. I really love Keiko's version especially that Yehehe part, but Emily's one is as gorgeous as Keiko's cover. Even the style are not the same, I love both versions.

19. Key of the twilight (Emily Bindiger ch. Keiko, Wakana, Yuriko)

I love the violin solo in this song. Even Emily high note isn't as good as in the recording, it's still awesome.

MC9: Emily tried to speak Japanese. She's so cute...>______<. And she said Thank you very much in English at the end..(well.... 'Arigato' is really easier than all Jap. phrases she tried to speak out at the beginning..lol.)

20. Fake wings (Emily Bindiger)

This song is Emily solo song. It's a very sweet and emotional song. She's so powerful and she adding vibrato here and there. (It's possible that she also tried to handle with the high notes with Vibrato..., but I think the results are nice.) Rie came in at the end of the song.

21. Forest (Emily Bindiger ch. Keiko, Kaori, Yuriko)

The three girls stood behind Emily. I thought she sang wrong lyrics at the first part, but she can continue smoothly. Emily is so powerful... I believe that Chiaki, who I've watched live perf. only from video clip, is also a singer in the same genre. Yuriko did the bridge while Emily and the other two girls did the support role. (Emily sang a higher part.) Rie's flute is so awesome..!! I love how she crazily moved while she crazily played on her flute...lol. Really love Rie's flute at the end.

22. Mezame (Hanae Tomaru ch. 4 FictionJunction)

Hanae is back...she's amazing..!! Almost all fans stood up. Korenaga went wild with his solo...love it!! FictionJunction sang their version after that... then the violin solo!! Hanae can perfectly dominate the chorus.. I think it's even better than in Live 9 DVD. Hanae still kept that twisted near the ending... it's so awesome at live. (Additional note: I heard Yuriko sang that 'twist' as a chorus sound in the BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE CD (around 5.56, but it isn't that clear because it's dominated by Wakana's main vocal), but that high note doesn't exist in the vocal score that I bought.)

23. MATERIALISE (Yuri Kasahara ch. 4 FictionJunction)

Yuri is back with a new costume..lol. It started right after Mezame, so the atmosphere on the stage is so high. She sang alone at first, and FictionJunction joined in later. She completely dominated the chorus... the guitar solo is so awesome..!! Yuri's live performance is far better than the recording or FictionJunction version. Even Yuriko is great, but Yuri is in a different level. I can't forget the way that she sang this song at live.... it's more than awesome... The fans still stood in this song.

24. Zodiacal sign (4 FictionJunction)

I just kept singing along like crazy. It's a very fun song at live. Yuki's voice is very clear and outstanding in the beginning part. We got so many instrumental solo...love it..!!

MC10: I think Yuki said sth. about the audiences standing continuously.., and everyone sat down..lol. Her voice sounds honky now and she took a water bottle to drink. Rie came in.

25. Sweet Song (4 FictionJunction)

Rie's flute and Kaori's voice are so sweet. I really love the part that Kaori sang the main part and Yuriko as a chorus.

Before they left, Smiley told me that Yuki said about live 11 but don't know when. No one shouted en-co-re. They just kept clapping. (Does it become a tradition for Yuki live...O_O...they didn't encore in Live 9 as well, but they did in Live 2. Can't remember live 4...Orz.)

Encore

26. The image theme of Xenosaga (4 FictionJunction)

People stood up when they came back. Even it's one of my favourite Yuki's OST and I like the live version in the best live CD, this live is the double fail for me, after I feel disappointed on the performance of this song in LA last summer. Their singing sounds so messy and Wakana's calm solo part sounds too different from the other part of the song. However, Wakana's singing here is really good. Her voice is rich and full. Yuriko's solo in the same melody line sounds more energetic. Wakana managed her legato really well in this song.

27. Everytime you kissed me (Emily Bindiger ch. Keiko, Wakana, Yuriko)

Comparing to Kaori's cover, this one sounds more mature, while Kaori sounds more sweet. Like a grown-up lady looked back into her sweet memory when she was younger. Rie brought very nice flute solo in this song. Yuriko did the Kajiurago bridge. I think they just simply replaced Kaori by Emily.

MC11: All vocalists came out. They stood in the long row at front except Emily. She stood in the middle behind the first row, but a few steps higher than them. And behind her is accordian. Sakurada was also at his keyboard.

28. Open your heart (EVERYONE)

It started from Hanae, and then Eri. I think they sang the extension that we don't have in the original version. Then Emily came in with that 'Open your heart' part, which is the original beginning of the song. After that, we got violin solo. Then Hikaru, and Yuri came after her. Hanae, Eri and Yuri sang it in the operatic way. Yuri's part with heavy vibrato is really impressive. Hikaru also added some twist in her part.

After these, 4 FictionJunction girls and Emily did their part. Emily sang the 'Open your heart' phrases as their back vocal. The accordian got solo after that. Then Remi, followed by guitar solo, and then Asuka who also gave a twist in her part like Hikaru did. (But I can't remember whether they did the same twist or not.) Sakurada went wild on his keyboard and then Rie. (I love her crazy flute, however!!)

After some twists and instrumental solo, Emily sang along with 4 FictionJunction as the main vocal and Yuuka took the 'Open your heart' part. Yuuka didn't have her own mic so she shared it with Wakana. At the end, all 12 sang together. Because they don't have enough mics, these pairs just came close to each other and sang on the same mics: we have Yuuka+Wakana, Remi+Yuriko (I wrote Yuri in my note but I thought it's Yuriko), Asuka+Keiko, Kaori+her HiChan...lol. Eri, Yuri and Hanae had their own mics.

Wakana and Yuuka were so cute when the song ended and Yuki started thank you all musicians and vocalists. Everyone just greeted back to Yuki and audiences, but when it's Yuuka's turn, she didn't hold the mic. So she just bent down quietly and Wakana kept asking her to share the mic, but it's too late....they're so cute.... Is it too late to ship this couple??? XP. (What's wrong with me... first it's Konno&Rie, and now Wakana and Yuuka...!!! lol.)

Since we must fill our favourite six songs from the live in the questionaire...^ ^. This is what I wrote down. (Try to give a good distribution among all vocal groups/guests...lol.)

1. Voices silently sing (The Best song from my biased Eri San...TT)
2. Materialise (Yuri is the most awesome in this song... how can one do not love it..???)
3. Luminous Swords (It must tie for 1st or 2nd place if it's the whole FictionJunction for chorus instead of only Kaori..., but just the duet is already so awesome!!)
4. Consolation (Signal would took this spot if I didn't notice Wakana's weariness)
5. Stone Cold (Best live for all of FictionJunction songs so far...)
6. Open your heart (with 12 vocalists...how can this song be better..??? It's the miracle of twelves vocalists!!)

However, my own list will be a bit different...:P. (longer&more songs...lol.)

1. Voices silently sing
2. Materialise
3. Luminous sword
4. Salva Nos
5. Consolation
6. Bloody rabbit
7. Lotus, Stone Cold, Canta per me
8. Open your heart, Signal
9. The World, Oblivious
10. Once Upon A Time There Was You and Me / Ring Your Song, A song of storm and fire
11. Mezame, Contractor
12. Blessing, Distance, Let the stars fall down

As you can see....only 5 out of 20 songs in my list came from the first half...lol. (Let's say that I'm more OST fan.) Among 20, 4 from Eri, 3 from Kalafina (Hanae and Yuriko also played crucial role for my impression), 3 from FictionJunction, and 3 from Hanae. The vocalists that I'm impressed the most are Remi and Yuri. Clearly, my favourite musicians in this live go to Konno and Rie. These are all I can remember...^ ^.

Let's hope for a Bluray release! I definitely want to hear Rie's flute because I'm apparently the only one who loves the flute in Kajiura's songs :ohoho:

woah, thanks for the super detailed and long report <3 ah OSTs....

I finally finished reading yr report :XD: Thank you very much Kagaribi :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Lots of details ^_^ Thanks to yours and other mems' reports, now I can virtualize most of what happened there :TdT: (and u can probably virtualize how dejected I am/was, not having been able to go... T.T)
I demand DVD/BD announcement!! RIGHT NOW :omg:

Wow that is awesome Kagaribi! :sohappy: Thank you so much!

but I do wonder how you were still remembering everything so well after 1 month :XD:

garnetjester said:
Let's hope for a Bluray release! I definitely want to hear Rie's flute because I'm apparently the only one who loves the flute in Kajiura's songs :ohoho:

lol you just didnt asked enough people! I also love it, (especially in Hikari no Senritsu and Himitsu <3) I just dont like it when she uses same flute melodies between different songs (eg "forest" and "storm" (Ami Koshimizu))

The flute in the "instrumental" version of Honooh no Tobira is also awesome :dote:

Wow, thanks for the very detailed report!
We all still hope fer the DVD/BD release.

@Kagaribi: Thanks so much! Man I am so jealous right now. (even though I had my fun at the Kala concert at ACen this year.) But it sounds just amazing. I love Konno as well (did not know he was a dad, darn it, there goes my chance lol) and Rie.

@garnet: I love the flute in Yuki's works too. Sometimes it's a little weird, like the flute in Kala's and FJ's songs sometimes, but other than that I love it. I wish I could play it, but I stuck to violin instead.

Back