Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live

Joelle and Kaori used vol 17 dresses. Keiko and Yuriko used vol 16's
Wow Yuriko must've stood out in a not so good way. At least Keiko's vol.16 dress was also black and white. For a special 30th anniversary live I thought they'd put more thought to their dresses. What about rito and Lino Leia?

Wow Yuriko must've stood out in a not so good way. At least Keiko's vol.16 dress was also black and white. For a special 30th anniversary live I thought they'd put more thought to their dresses. What about rito and Lino Leia?
Rito used her dress from Vol. #17 without the red part...
Lino Leia may have used the base of her dress from vol. #17? She wore a black top with short white balloon sleeves and a short white multi-layered skirt...
Kasahara wore two dresses, one red and one blue...
Remi uploaded photos of her dress to Instagram and X...
Kajiura wore her vol.#15? outfit...
Revo wore a cape so I couldn't see his outfit completely well...

Did the pipes player only perform on 'the image theme song of Xenosaga 2' ?
I would assume also on My Story?

Either way, thanks @NoxLila for sharing yesterdays setlist. I'm having difficulty imagining Lino Leia and Rito singing Obsession and Senya ichiya respectively, but other than that, this sounds like it must've been a lot of fun. Also awesome that they played Hoshikuzu, definitely an underplayed favorite of mine. Did they sing the full song or only an abridged version like on the YK Live vol.4 release? Also looking forward to hearing about tonight soon.

I really whish, I could've gone to Japan for this. Back in June I actually planned to go but unfortunately the timing was really bad and my boss didn't allow me to take time off right now... Either way, I hope all of you who attended have enjoyed it/are enjoying it! (Looking at Japan time, I assume todays show is about to end soon...) Meanwhile I'm crossing my fingers for an eventual audio and/or video release...😅

My quick impressions for the night: half of the concert was half-baked kalafina. It made me miss Wakana soo much. The songs aren’t the same without her vocals. Joelle did really good but still a poor substitute.

Eri Itoh struggled tonite I was a little disappointed.

KOKIA was absolutely incredible. She owned that stage her voice was immaculate

Did anyone notice or maybe it was just me but it seemed the audience wasn’t interested in JUNNA. Her songs were so cookie cutter

My quick impressions for the night: half of the concert was half-baked kalafina. It made me miss Wakana soo much. The songs aren’t the same without her vocals. Joelle did really good but still a poor substitute.
Τhen why everyone complained so much after almost every single Kalafine live on here and were endless drama between Kalastans and Wakana haters ? 😅

My quick impressions for the night: half of the concert was half-baked kalafina. It made me miss Wakana soo much. The songs aren’t the same without her vocals.

Then you should write to Wakana and ask her to leave Spacecraft and join Kajiura again, but i guess that she has her reasons for staying behind, so I think there is no point reducing Joelle like that just because she sings Wakana's lines.

Last edited:
Booo no KNK booo lol jkjk :V: Grats Kajiura and thank God no Wakana so they can most likely broadcast it. :love:
So Yuyami no Uta was performed. How was it? Is Hyakka Ryouran the closest song to compare for it? :ayashii:

Τhen why everyone complained so much after almost every single Kalafine live on here and were endless drama between Kalastans and Wakana haters ? 😅
Cause Chikai isn't a Wakana hater. Let them be.

Then you should write to Wakana and ask her to leave Spacecraft and join Kajiura again, but i guess that she has her reasons for staying behind, so I think there is no point reducing Joelle like that just because she sings Wakana's lines.
I mean, I wasn't there... but Joelle can still be great and the Kalafina performances be half baked in general...

Tbh George it's not a lot of people here are Wakana haters. A lot of people here actually can sing/have some knowledge in music so they (we?) can tell that Wakana, for most of the time, sucks at singing live. It's also the same of Hikaru, which is even somewhat worse than Wakana lol. As for me, that doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy her voice and tone (at least in recording capacity) more than let's say rito/Lino Leia/or even Joelle and Kaori to some extent. Even with her flaws.

Plus a lot of Kalafina songs do have Wakana as main vocal. Other than Magia quattro the songs performed today all have plenty of Wakana on the og version. The fact that they performed wayy too many Kalafina songs is adding to this. Though to be fair, Kalafina was pretty much the biggest and the most popular Kajiura project and was a big part of her career as a composer and producer. Kalafina is also trending tonight in JP twitter while the main event aka Kajifes doesn't.

Wakana also used to be Kajiura's "muse" because Kajiura literally said that Wakana has (had?) a voice of a goddess and this is very reflected in her works for Kalafina which had Wakana as the melody singer for like 70% of them. I get that it's not only Chikai who said that they miss Wakana's voice and Kalafina songs without her vocals are just not the same - even when the songs are actually performed live better without her.

Last edited:
With that out of the way, wow they performed way more songs today compared to yesterday. Did all the songs get performed in its entirety or did they perform them medley style? Though looking at the setlist I cannot see them being performed as medley lol. Was tonight's concert longer (as in it finished later) than yesterday's? Waiting for a more detailed report from those who attended the live :)b

Tbh George it's not a lot of people here are Wakana haters. A lot of people here actually can sing/have some knowledge in music so they (we?) can tell that Wakana, for most of the time, sucks at singing live. It's also the same of Hikaru, which is even somewhat worse than Wakana lol. As for me, that doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy her voice and tone (at least in recording capacity) more than let's say rito/Lino Leia/or even Joelle and Kaori to some extent. Even with her flaws.
Hit the nail on the head. I completely agree, obviously Joelle is far more technically developed vocalist compared to Wakana, and it's not as if I don't like Joelle's voice either. Her head voice is the definition of class and I love her when she's performing Kajiura's OSTs and English songs.

I just find Joelle's chest/mixed voice to be overly bright. She doesn't have the vocal weight Wakana has (yes, even in her current condition) and there's the main elephant in the room - Kajiura wrote songs based on the Kalafina members' voices. Keiko's tone just doesn't work with bright voices if she's supporting the main vocalist with her low harmony. The most obvious example is Keiko and Lisa when they performed Kagayaku years ago, and I've never found Keiko to work well with Joelle (or even Yuriko). Kajiura was very likely aware of this, which is why you usually see Kaori on low harmony with Yuriko, not Keiko. This is also why Keiko works so well with Tomaru Hanae, who herself has a very weighty tone. Hikaru's voice gained a lot of weight as time went on as well.

If you think of it this way, Keiko's low harmony is "body", the foundation that holds everything together and keeps it griunded. Hikaru's versatility with her folksy yet piercing tone and gritty voice is the "soul" and is what gives Kalafina's its many different colours and styles, and Wakana's voice is the "heart", the center and focus, one that gives Kalafina its warmth. Unfortunately I don't think anyone could fit that role - Kaori probably but she's too shouty. Joelle is too bright and Yuriko has a "piercing" tone as well with her head voice, and whose chest voice lacks any sort of vocal weight. Lino Leia is dollar store Yuuka and rito...needs a lot more experience.

Back