Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live

Kaji Fes Day 1

The work for soundtrack II have been sold out when I arrived….;w;. I’m really in the highest row of the eastmost blog~. The people really filled the stadium, including around 200 or so in the backstage seats. What an impressive scene…;A;. I can’t see Konno San from my seat, and Kajiura San was the only one who faces this direction… Is it a punishment for me always keeping my eyes on Konno San instead of her almost every live…lol. There’re 2 big screens for seats with the bad view like my area and the back of those 2 screens showed for the backstage seats, I’d say that it’s 4 screens in total.

(1) Fake garden: It’s an accordion solo. Sorry, I can’t recognize the Song TT. (It’s from Noir days… which I didn’t listen to many instrumental tracks. Not surprised… sorry, I’m a bad fan TT.) He was the first one walking on the stage and gave the solo. It’s a nice opening though.

(2) Canta per me: Yuriko was the only singer, standing at the center of the top stage. There’re only Konno’s quartet and the accordion accompanied her. Yuriko singing was so enchanting, and I really love Konno’s violin <3.

(3) The world: I felt sad that it’s performed at the very beginning. No Emily as the surprised guest for sure….;w;. All 4 FJ vocalists came for this song. Joelle took the lead in the song, and she did really good. But the live performance of the original singer for the song is just too amazing. The singers costume were the same as Live 17. Konno’s violin solo is as crazily good as always. Really love it.

(4) Liminality: The first guest vocalist appeared so fast~ All hail the queen, Yuri Kasahara! She dressed in blue and was at the center of the top stage. I bet that she’s already in her 50s or even more, but how can she sings so amazing at that age.

(5) In the land of twilight under the moon: Konno was alone in this song, not sure when the others in the quartet left. I love Korenaga guitar solo and the lalala part of Joelle. The lalala part of Kaori at the end where Keiko joined her like a duet was also really lovely.

(6) Swordland: I miss Remi soooooo much. I really love her voice. She’s in a queen-like garnet dress. The whole quartet was back now. Having them in this song gave the majestic atmosphere to the performance.

(7) She has to overcome her fear: Konno solo was so good~ I love it. Oh.. and Remi was great as well.

(8) Luminous sword: Remi walked down from the top stage to stand with the 4 FJ members, as the center of the line. Konno’s solo was so fantastic that I forgot about the vocal for a while, but Remi was really nice as well.

(9) Hoshikuzu: Cello did the opening, how nice! Though Keiko used her usual thick chest voice, it sounds so cute in it own way. Kaori did well in this song, a good combination of her and Keiko. Joelle and Yuriko also gave a nice touch for the bridge.

(10) Hanamori no oka: The cello sounds so nice. It made this song so emotional. This is my favourite song from Kaori. Rie appeared for the first time today. She had long pony-tailed with a feminine look. Where did my Prince Rie goooo…lol. Kaori’s legato before the bridge was powerful and touching.

(11) We’re gonna groove: The song started with accordion solo at the center of the top stage. Konno quartet and Rie left in this song.

(12) Obsession: Quite a surprising choice. Lino was the lead singer with Joelle and Keiko on chorus. It isn’t that Lino was bad… her singing was powerful and she handled all notes well, but the problem is her voice is just too sweet TwT. The atmosphere was just not right. IMO, Keiko and Joelle suit this song more. There’s Keiko’s part that I can’t remember where is it from in the original, and she sounds so impressive there.

(13) Senya Ichiya: With Rito… really love it! She sounds so powerful, and delivered her emotion so well. The “Sen no yoru wo” part was the real deal! This is her best performance in YK live, even better than her own song! The other songs that she have done didn’t allow her to show off her powerful singing before. Joelle and Yuriko were the chorus, and Konno was so amazing in his violin.

(14) Point zero: My glorius Yuri Kasahara! She changed her dress to the red one. This performance made me feel that it’s worth coming here tonight, my favourite song from Kasahara! Konno quartet joined in this song. The 4 FJ members did well too.

(15) Salva nos: Kasahara San is always epic! She also danced during the string performance. Konno’s violin was even more epic! Sorry that my report is so Konno-centric..lol.

(16) Hana no uta: Aimer got solo in this song. This girl performance is always full of power and emotion. I love the part near the ending that Aimer sang alone without music. After she finished her part, the music started again, and the song ended magnificently. Awesome arrangement to emphasize her singing!

(17) I beg you: Kaori and Yuriko came for the chorus. I love the sound from Obawo’s percussion and Konno’s quartet that gave an interesting atmosphere - mysterious and playful in the dark way. The music stop again when Aimer sang the part near the ending to highlight her voice. I’m so surprised that I can sing along this song, even I haven’t memorized its lyrics before. I really love this song and listened to it a lot after watching the movie. That’s may be why..lol.

(18) Kai: I didn’t pay any interest in this song for the parade album version, but the live performance sounds much more emotional and better than the recording. This song started with only Aimer as a singer and Kajiura on the keyboard. (I think Kajiura also made some mistake during her solo.) The other instruments joined at the bridge (before the last chorus.)

(19) Asa ga kuru: Keiko and Joelle were the chorus. It’s not often that the main singer can completely overpower Keiko in the chorus..lol. By the way, they are a good match! Aimer was so powerful and energetic. I love the string voices in here as well.

(20) My story: With uillean pipe, the live sound of it is always so impressive.

(21) Parallel hearts: Joelle voice made the song much more energetic than the original. I noticed that Yuriko turned her face to the backstage area during the first and the last chorus. How nice of her! Konno was alone in this song, but his violin was just so amazing!

(22) Stone cold: The 4 FJ singers walked to the leftmost and the rightmost of the stage. Yuriko went to the top stage and interacted with the fans in the backstage a lot. Joelle also followed her in the first chorus. (That made me so envy…lol.) Yuriko singing the bridge was so great, as well as the duet of Joelle and Keiko. Ending with Yuriko’s Kajiurago was also very impressive.

During the talk after this song, Revo came and many singers went on the stage. I guess they’ll sing Saijin no kanata e as the ending.

(23) Sajin no kanata e: There was added intro that is not in the recording. It opened with Korenaga’s guitar, and then Rie’s flute. The original part came, and we have that marvelous operatic part from Kasahara the Queen! On the main stage from left to right are Joelle, Yuriko, Revo, Remi, Keiko and Kaori. On the top stage are Rito, Yuri (changed to the blue dress) and Lino. Unlike the Dream Port live, Revo sang a lot. IIRC, Lino sang Yuuki’s part. (The one after Keiko’s part in the second verse) We have Konno’s solo, Korenaga solo, Rie solo, then the accordion, and here came the highlight, Kajiura&Revo duet! How can’t I ship this couple! LoL

— Encore —

(24) Image theme of Xenosaga II: With uillean pipe and Konno’s quartet. Rito and Lino were also at the top of the stage. They joined in that “yamma-same yame yame yamma-same ame yame yee” part. Joelle and Yuriko were the main vocal. Joelle was so powerful and Keiko&Kaori did well too.

(25) Sokyuu no fanfare: Love Keiko in the opening. Joelle sounds so nice. Rito and Lino also did well in the second verse. Lino, Yuriko and Joelle high note parts were great. The “mukou e” at the end was so harmonious and beautiful. The wonderful ending for the first night!

The concert started at 6pm and ended around 8.30pm or so.

https://twitter.com/KORE1225/status/1734219129673126344/photo/1
lol

and Hanae replied: "The strongest!" :chuu:
GBEvG3CbMAAo3SC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I've just remembered about this forum after seeing this pic posted by Yuki:

https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1734098041249120494/photo/1

It's been about 10 years since the last time I posted here. :XD:
Also, RIP my old account because it somehow does not exist anymore and I have to create this new account :cry:

EDIT: Oof, after reading a few pages back, it seemed I missed out the offkai organized by some people here after day 2 concert :desksweat:

Sadge, looks like my account got affected by that great purge xD

Oh well, I won't be able to merge with my old account due to failing to meet addendum #2: "2. Private message Sudrien ( https://forum.canta-per-me.net/conversations/add?to=Sudrien ) from a WIFI / Internet connection you have posted from before" because I have moved to another place with a new internet provider even if I can find lots of posts from my purged account:XD:

Sadge, looks like my account got affected by that great purge xD

Oh well, I won't be able to merge with my old account due to failing to meet addendum #2: "2. Private message Sudrien ( https://forum.canta-per-me.net/conversations/add?to=Sudrien ) from a WIFI / Internet connection you have posted from before" because I have moved to another place with a new internet provider even if I can find lots of posts from my purged account:XD:

If you do find your old posts, you still might be able to get your old account by contacting Sudrien either on the forum or on the canta-per-me.net discord: https://discord.gg/UJUG9zZ

Last edited:
My apologies for not keeping up with this thread after I left for Japan.

On day 1 I was in the arena area in row 8 directly behind the video camera on left side of the stage.
On day 2 I was (like some other canta-per-me.net members) about 3 rows back on the balcony - was in the great position of being able to see the grand piano keyboard.

Those who had rear seats looked like they had a great experience.

A lot of care had gone into preparation for the lives, and I hope there is a blu-ray release in addition to the television broadcasts already announced.

They are still holding onto vol17 as streaming only, too. Humm.
My suggestion: they should just release it as "bonus-content" with the Kajifes BD release!:gimmeh:

Either way, we now also got Vol 16 and Vol1 reprise which both were originally streaming exclusive, so I'm actually quite optimistic that everything will eventually get released. It does look like to me that Kajiura actually cares to preserve these things long term for people to be able to enjoy and physical media is still the best way to do this. I mean the vol 17 video is already made, so it would be a relatively low effort/cost job to release it as bonus content for some other release.

You are not wrong. Way back when, I thought they would be releasing 17+18 as a PARADE double feature but now that we're getting KajiFes on TV... I dunno, lol.

It might be a wait 'til another FJ album tokuten or something, lol.
Or maybe you're right and they'll do a triple disc with KajiFes... Although that seems wild. (Unless Day1 and vol17 would fit on one disc...)

Way back when, I thought they would be releasing 17+18 as a PARADE double feature
I originally thought the same, but it seems the publication strategy for live videos has completely changed after Kajiura left Space Craft. Now, they go for live streaming first (and now TV first) before releasing it as bonus content rather than as standalone material. Maybe this approach is more profitable nowadays, I don't know. I've always wondered how profitable all those live Blu-rays really were for FJ and Kalafina. Although, I still think they might make an exception for the Kajifes, especially considering the inclusion of popular guest singers like Aimer, ASCA, and KOKIA, all of whom have their own sizable fanbases. This could potentially help boost sales into profitable territory since fans of those specific singers might also be interested in this release. This is, of course, only speculation.

Another point to mention is that since 2010, every Kajiura-produced album has come with an accompanying BD that contains all the songs released in those albums. For "Parade," this is not the case so far. But, if I've counted correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, if you combine vol 17 with the Kaji-fest, all "Parade" album songs are present except for "from the edge." That's another reason why I think packaging them together would make sense, as it would also simultaneously act as that Parade accompanying live release.

(Unless Day1 and vol17 would fit on one disc...)
Yeah, I've actually been thinking about this too. It might be possible, but probably not without video compression.

Also, I highly suspect that they will play from the edge on the upcoming lisani-live event where Lisa will be present and cameras, so by including that as well, maybe as a bonus to disc 2, the release would be perfect. Please note, that this is daydreaming at this point...😅

And then there is also the question of under which label it would get released. Victor or Sony? You could almost flip a coin here, I have no idea which one makes more sense...

Last edited:
Both days seem pretty good, though day 2 seems like the more enjoyable experience. My only complaints, just based on knowing the setlist:
-Day 1: Remi singing the same songs as always (No Historia 3, no HF, no newest SAO movie), and no MATERIALISE with glorious Kasahara! DOUSHITE! The rest seems kewl.
-Day 2: No complaints hue.
I really hope they don't cut any song from the broadcast, or if they do, they include it in the inevitable BD release.

Also, all that previous talk about she who shall not be named made me remember to thank the gods she was not a surprise guest. May it continue that way plox.

Keiko's tone just doesn't work with bright voices if she's supporting the main vocalist with her low harmony. The most obvious example is Keiko and Lisa when they performed Kagayaku years ago, and I've never found Keiko to work well with Joelle (or even Yuriko).
This is so, so wrong lol. Bright and dark sounds can complement each other. Keiko's buttery-smooth voice can blend with whoever she sings with, as long as there is effort to blend, which is not a problem with the current lineup. She had no problems blending with Yuriko on Canta per me and Himeboshi. No full duets with Joelle so far, but there were no problems when she sang low harmony for her like in Gaika, Beginning, and Parade. LiSA and Keiko didn't blend because LiSA didn't even try to fit the song's style (and no effort to blend), while Keiko did. They were on two completely different channels. And she didn't blend with May'n cuz she just plain sucks lol.
Also, Wakana's voice post-Red Moon IS bright, so you're argument kinda falls apart. It's not always as bright as Joelle's pop mode (who can sing darker, ex LORD, some solo lives), but it can and has been in a good chunk of songs. Hikaru's voice is also bright, with dark Hikaru being the exception, not the norm. Soooo, Kalafina pretty much proves that Keiko can sing with bright voices.
Honestly, I think some Kalafans think harmonizing and blending with others is some mystical ability that only works when singing with people with the red ribbon of fate attached to their finger lol. It takes work, but it's not impossible, and the current girls most definitely can do it.

TBH, this vol#19 should be named "the last 10 years past". I missed a lot of people if she's celebrating the beginning of his career, I mean, Emily Bindiger, Chiaki, Yuuka (if she's not banned), Imnotgonnamentionwakana... And the setlist is pretty updated too but also is difficult to select songs from 30 years.

Back