Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live

I don't have a bili account, they ask my passport to create one and i'm really not going to do that... any other sources? Before i could create an account with a SMS, but not possible anymore... I can only watch 20 minutes...

I don't have a bili account, they ask my passport to create one and i'm really not going to do that... any other sources? Before i could create an account with a SMS, but not possible anymore... I can only watch 20 minutes...
You don’t need a billi account

Yea, you don't need to register to watch user uploaded stuff in standard definition.

I see the new uploads are playlists, rather than one big file. You should see a playlist box next to the video saying P1 P2 P3 etc. If you can't see that, try adding "?p=2" etc at the end of the URL.

Yea, you don't need to register to watch user uploaded stuff in standard definition.

I see the new uploads are playlists, rather than one big file. You should see a playlist box next to the video saying P1 P2 P3 etc. If you can't see that, try adding "?p=2" etc at the end of the URL.
I see now when the 20 minutes end the next 20 minutes appear... in any case, i wish I could watch this in HD... last time for the documentary I managed to create an account and downloaded it in HD! Now I simply can't login anymore... :/ Thanks anyway!

It sux that bili only allows SD resolutions without an account now. Nothing we can do. I'd like that last parade documentary in higher quality...

I don't have any invites to jpopsukcy.

Listened multiple times to solidify my thoughts...

the world: till this day I'm not sure why the need to replace Keiko if we're talking about audience-wise since most are from JP so those eng pronunciation difference(if there is) does not matter much. Though I very much enjoyed Joelle, I feel like they could at least gave Keiko the solo opening part...
liminality: not a fan of this song till this day sadly even with Kasahara's perfection....Konno's solo is kinda good here methinks
in the land of twilight: we all know the main highlight of this song live is the lalala part and I prefer the Yuriko-Kaori part previous lives. It has more dramatic edge than the Joelle-Kaori.
swordland: not much has changed from previous lives but this has more adrenaline-like tempo thanks to the percussionist. Nothing to talk much about Remi here.
luminous sword: ohh I kinda like the opening vocal part. It has much brighter tones from Remi which fits the name of the ost lol. Yep yep I like this live version more cause brighter tone Remi + Obawo.
Hoshikuzu: I think this song has a previous live/s where Keiko used cutesy voice which displeased some? Well is kinda good that she sang with deeper voice then lol. The magical atmosphere of this song is lost tho cause no more Wakana(healthy ver.)
Hanamori no Oka: They should put Kaori on the center stage since she mains this song. And it's Budokan too they should at least indulge them a little.
we're gonna groove: nice groove :psst:
obsession
: okay. I kinda like this performance than her own fj song lol. But still she's bland imo. I think it is a nice opening for the next epic performances (obsession-senya-point zero-salva nos transitions are very enjoyable)
senya ichiya: I know I could trust rito from the day she started fj. God what an improvement. I knew she still inexperienced from the eyes of others but when I heard mou kimi no koto I fckin knew she'll be a great storyteller. I might be crucified by saying this but she has the non-annoying Hikaru dramatic vocal and a sprinkle of Maya's powerful tone. One of top 3 performance of day 1 for me for sure. A balance of dramatic vocal performance and consistency plus Joelle+Yuriko's harmony too!
Point Zero: Solid. Epic Kasahara goddess :love::love::love:
salva nos: when Kasahara started dancing and twirling she knew. everybody knew she owns day1. If someone uploads it on youtube in the future tbs/blu-ray it will be on repeat trust. nothing to say to this perfection really.
hana no uta: ah...the first introductory collab of Aimer. Decent performance. The last chorus is nice.
kai: not my fav from parade and nothing change here as expected. Afterall, since the song is tragic, the sail on part made me sad for a little bit.
asa ga kuru: I like it. I like it too that Aimer and Keiko moves too much? lol. I feel that they nerfed Keiko voice a little bit? I don't "feel" her harmony here it doesn't sound like Keiko.
my story: imo should've played before the image theme of xenosaga II?
parallel hearts-stone cold: am I the only one noticed that they kinda modulate Kaori's voice? it started in parallel hearts till the rest of the performace(soukyuu). Her tone is more sharper...anyways good hype songs(stone cold esp.) cause having Joelle here made it more consistent.
image theme of xenosaga II: if this is their arrangement for adding rito and lino leia for the next tour then I will be severely disappointed. Best performance with Joelle for me this live.
soukyuu no fanfare: LINO LEIA part here is the best she had done in all day1 performance. Will never dislike any soukyuu live that has been released :shy::shy::shy:

TOP 3 in order:
1 - salva nos
2 - senya ichiya
3 - coin toss between point zero and image theme of xenosaga II
Honorable mention to all performances by Kasahara really.

Overall I'm very satisfied with day1 :goodjob:I'm also happy for the cd release it made me a little bit nervous about it before cause I thought the live performance rights will now belong to tbs lol. Can't wait for day2 and the official releases!!!

Some sites mentioned a 3rd disc in the description of the special box but apparently it's a mistake. Also, some didn't include A song of storm and fire and Route of the sun.

Ok, here goes my thoughts for day 1. I included what I remember from the live. There are some unpopular opinions here, sorry about that 🤭

fake garden: from what I recall, I couldn't recognize the song (actually, both days' intro seemed the same to me), but the accordion was really great. I liked it.
canta per me: Yuriko was alone in the stage with just the accordion and strings. She was awesome, but I still prefer her to have someone doing backing vocals.
the world: the performance was ok. I think Joelle was extra exited, but can't really blame her. I liked a lot the string arrangements, and WOW YURIKO, she killed it during this performance. She really made a different there.
Liminality: GOD BLESS YURI KASAHARA. I will always be amazed on how she open her mouth and makes me feel as it operatic singing was something easy. One of my favourites performance of the night. And gosh KAORI, she owned the song as if she was the leading one.
in the land of twilight, under the moon: never fails. I think it was the necessary song to get the ladies back to earth.

I'll be absolutely biased, as I love REMI, so here I go…
Swordland: the performance was ok. Nothing differently to the previous performance of this song.
she has to overcome her fear: I really liked this performance during the show. I prefer this arrangement than the one with Wakana. Joelle really stood out.
luminous sword: REMI is the real queen. She nailed the song very well. Nothing else to say.

星屑: Keiko doing the "long night" alone was everything I needed to listen to. The performance was cute, the four of them did it nice.
花守の丘: I miss how Kaori used to sing this song, but well, it's been like 15 years from the version I like. Yet, the song was very good, and the English chorus was amazing.

we’re gonna groove: my favourite song of the night, it blew my mind. When the accordion started I was like, OMG they are really performing we're gonna groove. Amazing.
Obsession: unpopular opinion coming in 3, 2, 1. WTF with this arrangement. Lino Leia did a good job, but the arrangement was weird. Keikos "nanana" whatever was off place for my taste. I don't know why Kajiura choose this song, I think it's just not a song for live performing.
千夜一夜: this is one off my favourites song from see-saw, so I got quite excited when the piano started. Rito did a good job, except when she had to do the high notes at the end of the chorus. Yuriko and Joelle nailed the back vocals perfectly. I was very happy with this performance.

Point Zero: everything was so intense and perfect. Yuri was amazing, and I loved her movements. The moment were she shouts alone at the middle of the song was absolutely the best.
salva nos: unpopular opinion here, but I would have leave only Kaori and Keiko as backing chorus. I don't know, I just think that if Yuri is going to lead the song, I wouldn't add to many vocals. The performance was good though, and the instruments arrangement was really nice.

花の唄: aimer did really great here. I don't follow her career too much, but I think Kajiura knows exactly how to make Aimer's voice shine.
I beg you: for what I remember, the performance was good. Aimer didn't shout the "I beg you" from the middle of the song, which I thanked for. I still think this song could be awesome with the four girls doing backing vocals, and someone doing the contrasting "la la y la" after the chorus.
: Aimer did really good here. Nothing to add actually, as I'm not too fond with the song.
FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』
朝が来る: Aimer + Keiko were perfection here. For the first time, I didn't mind Keiko's nasal voice. Joelle added a special touch to the song.

My Story: I was not familiar with the song, but I truly enjoy it. The illian pipes were extraordinary. Nothing to add.
Parallel Hearts: I will keep stating that removing Wakana from the line up made Yuriko stand up a lot, she nailed the song perfectly. Everyone was enjoying themselves, the four of them owned the song.
stone cold: the interaction of the girls with the crowd really touched me on this song. Everyone was very hyped, and Kajiura was very happy during the performance. I didn't need anything else from it.

砂塵の彼方へ…: This performance was way better than the one from 2008. I think that Keiko and Lino Leia stood out a lot, and Revo doing the chorus was nice.

the image theme of Xenosaga II: I was expecting this song since they announced the illian pipes in the line up, so I knew it was the song as she played the first sound. Wow, Joelle is amazing, and fits really well leading the song. The inclusion of Lino Leia and Rito was a plus. Another favourite I would say.

蒼穹のファンファーレ: I was expecting open your heart at this moment, but it made me really happy that Kajiura decided to end the first day of this celebration with just her FJ line up. The harmonies were amazing too.

In overall, the concert was amazing, I barely had any complains when I left the place. I was expecting other songs, but the selection was very accurate, and we had a lot of classics. At least for me, the concert at all were owned by Yuri and Kaori. Kaori didn't lead too many songs, but she really stood out every time she opened her mouth.

Not that much unpopular there. XD

So you like REMI. That's great. v( '')v

As of now, I feel Obsession (and this live arrangement) is kind of in the same boat as oblivious live. The live arrangement softens the synth heavy original a lot. Once you get over the newness of it, you start missing the og sound. Or at least I do.
I don't really understand any complaints for Keiko's solo parts. That part is from the tv-mix. Granted it's very filtered like all the vocals in the og but still. Maybe some people aren't familiar with that version? v( '')v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXheWp7G6SY

Overall, a pretty good live but way too many songs that have already been performed in the past. The first KajiFes (vol. #10) also had the same issue, but it at least had a lot more "first time" performances and involved the classical singers in pop songs, like Hanae and Yuriko during the Kalafina section.

Highlights - Point Zero, salva nos, image theme of Xenosaga II, Yuri Kasahara
Low points - Kaori, not enough Yuriko

In order:

the world
I miss Keiko on this song. Joelle's pronunciation is better but it's way too similar to Emily Bindinger's rendition.

Liminality
I was surprised how similar Yuri's timbre in the "dreaming in the land of the twilight" sections were to Wakana's in vol. 2. Yuri's vibrato and power is obviously much more pronounced but it immediately reminded me of vol. 2. Pretty good, but it's only because I'm hearing Yuri Kasahara's rendition for the first time. Kaori was way too prominent and didn't blend well with Keiko in the "deep in blue eternity" section .

in the land of twilight, under the moon
Too many performancesof this song. At least there's a Yuriko solo because she doesn't get enough, why Kajiura why. Next.

swordland
Somehow I prefer the older "Sing All Overtures" performance, because the live horns are missing here. Had a more "epic" feel there.

Luminous Sword
No comment. It's good but forgettable.

Hoshikuzu
Oldy but a goody. Keiko sounded so warm and gentle here and she didn't use her cutesy voice, which I highly appreciate. Kaori doesn't have the same softness as vol. 4 so it's not as good. Yuriko's "ehyehe" was lovely.

Hanamori no Oka
Kaori again doesn't sing this with the same softness as she used to. The "eien NO" and "yasashisa WO" was very strained and unpleasant. "Hanabira wa" was pretty bad too. Probably the worst performance of the night.

We’re gonna groove
Groovy.

Obsession
First time hearing this song so I don't have a reference to compare it to. Pretty good, but Lino Leia's vibrato could really use some work (as I always say, budget Yuuka). I could see it being played in a dance club. Love the accordion here.

Senya Ichiya
Biggest surprise of the night. Rito when she was first inroducted wasn't great, but I watched some of her covers and her expression had improved a lot. She doesn't really remind me of Hikaru, but a younger Chiaki with a less brassy timbre. Piano was great here too.

Point Zero
You have no idea how happy it makes me to finally have this recorded live (the performance, not just the audio). It's one of my favourite Kajiura pieces of all time and for good reason - it's so EPIC and has an amazing build up to the climax. Best of all is the context of the track too with its show (Fate/Zero). Yuri Kasahara is similarly amazing here and she knows not to overpower the FJ chorus during the chants. 10/10 will watch again.

salva nos
Love the arrangement. I've never heard the Fiction version so I appreciate the key change and the fresh arrangement. Yuri's pronunciation of Latin is, uh, classic opera singer diction. My second favourite performance of the night next to Point Zero.

Hana no Uta
Man, going right after Yuri Kasahara gave Aimer no chance to hold her own vocally. I never really liked the song so meh. (Even as a Fate fan, I despise the Heaven's Feel movie trilogy because it's a terrible adaptation of the VN).

Kai
Budget Mizu no Akashi. I liked the song already so it's good to me. Aimer really shines singing quieter ballads because of her phrasing, and overall, her ballads are my favourite material from her albums.

Asa ga Kuru
Not a fan of the song. Does Kajiura need to have an unnecessary key change on the chorus for every anison she composes?

My Story
Loved it. Wish we had more of the HnA OST performed.

Parallel Hearts
This was a...choice to have it performed here. Never liked Joelle in this song, it just reminds me that Wakana isn't here.

stone cold
Man, Kaori's voice really took a hit here. She doesn't have the stamina to lead stone cold by herself, like this is one scenario where Joelle could have taken over the verses or chorus. Kaori is straining a lot throughout the whole song, especially the anything above C5 in the chrous. Love the energy though, it's nice to see Keiko run around the stage again.

the image of Xenosaga II
I prefer the Wakana version in vol. #5, but this is also very good. What is Lino Leia and Rito doing here though.

Sōkyū no Fanfāre
This song gets on my nerves because of how overperformed it is, but at least Yuriko gets a lead part here (and she sounds great). Kaori, I can do without.

Overall, good, but I expected a bit more. Production values are also a bit lacking, especially compared to the Kalafina Budokan lives. Also 2 days of lives and not a single KnK performance or medley is CRIMINAL.

Last edited:
*watches again day 1* my complaint with the way Kaori sings Hanamori no Oka on almost all the lives is that she doesn't put enough punch or sad feeling to her singing as the song is supposed to be right after the funeral of someone from Hokuto no Ken ( so she is supposed to cry and scream in a way) and that why i always prefer the CD version because she performs there way better. Remi was good but too few songs. I guess she also sings "she has to overcome her fear" but was cut from the stream?

Lino Leia needs to polish her english for sure but her performance of obsession wasnt bad, I prefered rito's SenYa Ichi ya. I always loved that song from the momment i started listening to See-Saw songs as a teen. It has a kinda military march style to the melody which pumps me up. The harmonies made it sound even better. I'd say Lino's voice is as if Hikaru and Wakana had a baby lol has wakana's dramatic style but Hikaru's nasal voice.

It sux that bili only allows SD resolutions without an account now. Nothing we can do. I'd like that last parade documentary in higher quality...

I don't have any invites to jpopsukcy.
I still have invite. Never use it.

gave the live another watch:

Senya Ichiya was a lot better than I initially thought. rito can definitely be a mainstay FJ. She actually got the song.

Kaori sounded incredibly plastic and weird in Hanamori no Oka. It's like she was flat the whole song and the post process fixed her pitch and made her sound so sharp and fake (something that happened to Wakana's voice in Kalafina lives often)

aimer's part is as unlistenable as expected. Kai is just not for me and aimer's voice made it even worse. I think the only song where I can truly somewhat enjoy her voice is I beg you (which wasn't aired). Asa ga Kuru sounded waaaaayyy longer than it actually is. My god that song is incredibly repetitive. I kinda felt bad toward Joelle in this song because she's standing still there singing nothing for like 90% of the song.

Parallel Hearts is okay. Keiko sounded the best she ever did singing her one solo line. stone cold was actually quite fun just to see the ladies running and walking around the stage. I don't know what weird animosity their sound mixer have against Joelle because at times they made her voice sounded drowned.

Last edited:
Back