Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

tumblr_npfhwdnCoR1r2rmo6o1_400.gifv

I got mine today (the limited) and I find it very strange that the last song from day 1 was cut. Fanfare was good, but not the best closing song. (Yes I did just say Fanfare was good. Lol I think I like this ver more with the FJ girls) I hope we get to see that cut song someday.

I will write a full review later, but some points I've noticed so far. (About half way through day 2) I think everyone has been on top of their game. Aimer in the beginning seemed out of breath but then she improved. I agree with everyone about Kai. Rito was good. Eri and REMI are amazing. Eri's outfit was great. Remi was so cute when she was complimenting Kajiura and then she was being bashful. Remi goes "do you need a minute?" Or something like that. Lol Yuri I loved too. The red with the red dress gave me chills along with her vocals. I normally don't like the studio liminality with her but during this live it was great. Her dancing too was great. I love it when they start getting into a song.

The Kalafina songs were good. Joelle does a nice job covering Wakana's parts. And Yuriko also helping. I was surprised Kaori wasn't in any of them except into the world. I wish I could listen to Kimi no Gin without flashbacks of the nightmare I had with it in. I like the song. I thought Hikaru was really good. Maybe she sounded different in person at the live, but she sounds much like before. I was tearing up a bit.

Ring your song always makes me cry. This was no exception. I am looking forward to the rest of it. Tomorrow hopefully and then I'll post a full review.

If people didn't see it previously, the limited edition is again available for order (including from CD Japan) until 3rd July 2024:

https://fictionjunction.com/kajifes2023/news/1244

Reservations will be available from Wednesday, May 29, 2024 at CD shops and EC sites nationwide, as well as at the Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol. #20 ~ Nihongo Fuin 20th Special ~ tour venues starting on Sunday, June 2. (*Please note that the start of reservations may differ depending on the store.)Additional made-to-order items will be shipped as soon as the product arrangements are complete, so delivery will be after the release date. Please be aware of this before making your reservation.[Reservation acceptance period]Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - Wednesday, July 3, 2024*The start time of reservations may differ depending on the store.*Items reserved during the above period will be guaranteed to be available for purchase.*Reservations will also be accepted at the live venues on July 6 and August 3. However, quantities may be limited on August 3.[How to make a reservation]Please make reservations at your local CD shop, EC site, or Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol. #20 ~ Nihongo Fuin 20th Special ~ tour venue during the reservation acceptance period.

Aimer in the beginning seemed out of breath but then she improved.
She has a heavy breathing technique which I'm still curious about.
I was surprised Kaori wasn't in any of them except into the world.
Speaking of Kaori, people were asking why she didn't sing Maya's part in the "Sprinter" special guest performance in YKL 17 with Hikaru, but I think their songs are mainly 4-person songs. It would give much less for the others to do if she was there all the time.
Ring your song always makes me cry.
The ending chord on "Ring Your Song" was one of the vocal highlights of the concert for me. The song as a whole and its lyrics and Eri's lead with that lovely chord at the end.

Cpm: yuriko! What a strong start. I did love the secret garden right into this song.

World: good start from Joelle.

Liminality: I always liked FJ cover best. But this one was great. Yuri is awesome. Like I said before usually don't like the OG, but live was awesome.

Swordland: not usually a fan but that was awesome!

She has to overcome her fear: remi is so cute. She has such a deep singing voice and quiet talking, like Keiko.

Hoshikuzu: love the instrumentation in the beg. Keiko is in her element with this song.

We're going to groove: love it. Love that they all had solos kind of. The accordion player is awesome.

Senya ichiya: I like rito here. This is one of my fav seesaw songs. She does a good job.

Point zero: man, Yuri in red. Gives me chills. It's very good.

Salva nos: yuri dancing! She is definitely an opera singer. The strings in this song!

Hana no uta: Aimer! I love her. Not my fav song but I like it live. She almost seemed out of breath and it's the first song.

I beg you: not my fav either. But the bridge was awesome. I do like the lie lie lie. After the bridge too. Now she's not out of breath.

Kai: damn. It's making me cry. Then the cello and yep full tears. I can see what ppl were saying.

Asa ga Kuru: very good. Kind of weird after Kai.

My Story: the bagpipes! Sometimes they can sound jumbled but not here. And the flute and everything. She's so serious playing the pipes too. Heh I never saw the kind she is playing, so cool!

Fanfare: I love this ver. I think having the FJ girls make it better. Yuki seems to love it. Rito and Lino are good. Yuriko towards the end!

Prelude: oh her outfit! I love it. Eri is so good.

Kalafina songs:
Magia: very good. Hikaru is great here.

Storia: it was okay.

Kimi no gin no: wish I could listen to this without thinking of the nightmare I had with it. I like the song. So it sucks. But they all did well.

To the beginning: nice! Joelle was a little out of breath at the end.

Umi to Shinju: Junna is great!

Taiyou no Kurou: loved it. Keiko is having fun. They all are.

Time to sail: meh. I wish they would do fight to the finish instead. Has more vocal and more Joelle.

Lord theme: chills. Absolute chills. I can only imagine how it would be in person. One day.

Tsubasa: all good. Ring your song makes me bawl watching live. I would melt in person.

Koto no hoka yawarakai: Kaori is having fun. Keiko sounded off in the beg, but maybe since it's synth on the OG. one of the ones I was curious about.

ASCA:
Yako koryu good. Lacked a little power. But I guess that's the song too.

Hibari: love. My fave of hers. She seemed a little shaky at times, but overall good.

Kimi ga mita yume no monogatari: she had a little more power here.

Asuka: sekai no hate: she did well! Her voice has changed over the yrs. Which is good I think for any singer. Okay the string quartet almost made me cry again.

Yasashii Yoake: okay Joelle sounds like she's struggling a bit. Not sure if her voice is the right fit. I love her voice normally. (Rie's long hair! It wasn't that long was it for the last concert? Unless she had it up.)

Kimi ga ita monogatari: Kaori instead of Keiko? Hmm. She seems to have fun singing it. Oh good no weird synth violin from Konno. (And I'm a huge Konno fan too. I just didn't like the way it sounded.) Kore is a better fit. Okay I really enjoyed that.

Rainbow: it was okay.

Kaze yo fuku e: oh my God. This must have been so cool to see in person. She's perfect. First time seeing any live performances of hers too.

Lotus: Hanae! Love her haunting part in the beginning. Then when Keiko comes in. Chills.

Inverse operation: she doesn't seem to have as much power as last time. Idk. The strings really are awesome in this song. Okay the parts when they are all singing. Chills.

Mezame: Konno's part! Ahhh! Yuki's smile. Now Hanae is having fun. Love it.

Yuuyami no uta: Eeeeeee! Keiko! Kaori's deep harmony. I love the live of this song too. I hope they sing it in the future too.

Kouya Ruten: one of my fav Yuuka songs. Rito does well. Okay didn't like that breath she takes before Konno and Rie play.

Silly go round: Junna... comes on a little strong. Is maybe too loud? During the verses she's fine.

El cazador: not a strong start for Lino but then she gets better. She doesn't have the bravado that Yuuka does for this song. I like her dancing. When she's harmonizing with Yuriko she's good.

Nowhere: Joelle walking out was cool. Rito really has impressed me this live.

Into the world: full. Tears. The entire time this time. I saw it before. But having better speakers helps.

Red rose: was fun. I like Eri going to the different band members with the fan. Must have felt good too. Lol

Parade: Joelle! I think this is the perfect closing song imo. I mean into the world would have been good too. She does such a good job, so expressive. Yuriko seems a little high. Kaori towards the end was good too.

Kaori and Keiko crying! Ahh. It was such a good live. The songs I didn't cover were good. I didn't even watch stone cold. Heh I will go back now and watch it. Some of the choices for singers were interesting. I loved that she had someone different for every Yuuka song. If I got anyone wrong I am sorry. Rito really impressed me. They all do. I don't think there's a single singer I don't like. I found it odd that both rito and Lino didn't sing their new song, when ASCA, Aimer and others did. (I love Hatchigata no organ.) Overall 10/10 though. I love it when REMI is complimenting Kajiura during the MC and she gets bashful. When I watch it again soon I may write more.

Oh and I did notice the Ode to Joy on the cello player. It's like he didn't get the memo it was supposed to be your own thing. Which I guess he still did. Lol

Would it be rude to say Joelle was the best of the singers here? Song fits her like a glove.

Someone also uploaded Aimer's full set on bili too.
I didn't like I beg you - it felt like she was rushing/being loose more than usual. vol16 was better IMHO. lighting still feels off like in vol16.

Last edited:
There was a time when I thought I talk to the rain from vol.1 reprise was superior to the recording version and Joelle's version actually sounded better than Eri, but this live really showed that I was so wrong. Eri IS better. Even when she kinda messed up the ending she still sounded so good to my ears. It's a matter of preference of course since both are excellent vocalists but there's this clarity to Eri's voice that just makes me go mmmmmmmm yesss.

Last edited:
Eri and Joelle are both quite different in delivery for "I talk to the rain". (Particularly compared to the og Tsubasa recording.)

And I'll be grumpy and say I STILL do not like the live arrange with the extended instrumental section.

@ritarudandoo you're evil for that avatar picture.
I actually giggled when she did that in Kiminogin. And it's not that I even hated it, it was just so random when Joelle and Yuriko are just being themselves, Keiko is having muscle memory moments and then Hikaru is doing her theatrics.

Beautiful performance (good audio quality too)!

0:38 Joelle and Keiko's blend! "hikari no...". Listen to the dynamics blend.
1:20 Yuriko, Keiko, and Joelle 3-part harmony! Sweet.
2:12 Joelle joining Hikaru and Keiko and the shifting of parts (Hikaru and Keiko dropping down to lower parts AND dropping their volume to highlight Joelle's entry) was seamless and testament to their hard work.
2:57 Joelle holding the clean head voice while Keiko moved the melody forward.
4:14 Joelle and Keiko holding the long note together.

There was a time when I thought I talk to the rain from vol.1 reprise was superior to the recording version and Joelle's version actually sounded better than Eri, but this live really showed that I was so wrong. Eri IS better. Even when she kinda messed up the ending she still sounded so good to my ears. It's a matter of preference of course since both are excellent vocalists but there's this clarity to Eri's voice that just makes me go mmmmmmmm yesss.
I love your profile photo!

Back