Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

King records Pony Canyon on bad terms with sony or he considers his butt too mighty to be included in a sub 50000 Yen release ? lol

Last edited:
They start with the world...
Skipping fake garden and canta per me definitely would not have been on my bingo card...
Liminality is fucking A++ I don't even care if it's studio hacks or not, lol.
They skipped she has to overcome her fear.
Hoshikuzu is really clean, as far as vocals are concerned. I liked it, which is cool cause I always preferred the og velvet no inori.
There are parts in Hanamori no Oka which could've been really really special... but it's surprisingly wonky on the vocals. Even Keiko.
obsession. The instrumental and chorus work was really cool but I'm sorry. I REALLY don't get the hardon some people have for LINO LEIA.
senya ichiya. very respectable. I approve of rito in this performance.
There's one very strong voice in Point Zero choruses that I do not recognize who it could be...
Dang, salva nos is actually the FICTION version. Not just the regular live version with Yuri. I'm actually surprised. Yuri wins this live. Period.
Hana no Uta was okay, Aimer got quite into it for the last refrain. I still prefer the piano rendition from her own lives over the strings bloat...
They skipped I beg you.
Keiko was rather visually distracting in Asa ga Kuru. Like in vol16, Keiko and Joelle sound pretty dang great with Aimer, they do a great job matching her voice color.
Parallel Hearts might be one of the better ones. I didn't feel like Joelle was dying in the refrain. Yuriko singing to the back was kind of cute.
image theme of XS2, I guess it's okay... the opening vocals definitely were not the best...
fanfare is better than og but... it's still karaoke swordland... I don't think I'll ever care for it.

Random thoughts:
- the camera/image quality feels really random.
I don't know if it's just the TV encoding, but on certain shots it feels like it goes completely out of focus/shakey every few frames.
- Kajiura playing from some iPad rather than a physical score. I don't know if it was the case for a while now or not?
- that line of shadow on Konno...

Last edited:
Nice.
Too bad about Revo still not being included.

PS. No vol17 tokuten or separate release? :(

Edit2:
Jesus krist those prices. Are they nuts?
yeah ngl the price is crazy but at the same time it includes both days' performances and some extras like t-shirt, photobook, and according to the rakuten page a third disc (undefined, I think it's either behind the scene/rehearsal recording or an audio recording only version) so I think the price is somewhat justified. idk if i'll get it though, one thing for sure i'll get the day 2 one because day 1's setlist is kinda eeeh (to me). JPY is weakening but my country's currency is even a lot weaker than that lmaoo not a good time to be buying and importing goods from JP :(

I don't know if it's just the TV encoding, but on certain shots it feels like it goes completely out of focus/shakey every few frames.
I reckon it's the camera quality to blame. TV re-encoding will definitely affect the frame ratio or the bitrate, but neither shaky frame or dislocated shot will make itself into the video. Reading your comments stating "shakey frames" reminds me of the 90s and earlier anime where every frame is hella shakinggg... XD

It really feels like some telecine wobble, but I've no idea what is actually the problem here, lol. It's quite distracting 'cause, for example, it's always in the shot for soloists at the top of the stairs.

OKAY STFU obsession. Im ready to hate.
OMG.Dont.give.LINO.LEIA.legacy.songs.Thanks.Unfortunate since I liked the rest...
rito can stay. VERY respectable result on senya ichiya.

Last edited:
I dont know if you guys are interesting, but someone has uploaded Aimer's performance on bilibili. I'm refreshing every one minute to see if they have uploaded another one. XD

Back