Yuki Kajiura/FictionJunction YUUKA will take part in "FlyingDog 10th Anniversary Live"

Seesaw reuniting for a song is amazing. Not a fan of Anno, but anything is better than nothing.
PS, Yoko Kanno was a no show but Masaaki Endoh, Fire Bomber and Trident were unannounced extras.
(Off topic) I wonder if Kanno is trying to disassociate herself from her anime past. She hasn’t done an anime in 4 years and she seems more interested in live action work these days.

I can’t wait to see the video when it finally becomes available. This makes me curious. I’m sure this has already been discussed here years ago, but what was the reason for See-Saw breaking up, both the first time in the 90s and then the last time? Has either of them ever talked about that? It seems like they were popular enough to go on longer, and it seems odd that Yuki started seeking out other singers like Saeko and Yuuka when Chiaki could have sung those songs. I can’t help but speculate: Power struggle? Disagreements about musical style? Chiaki wanted more input on the songwriting and Yuki resisted? Lovers quarrel?

I can’t wait to see the video when it finally becomes available. This makes me curious. I’m sure this has already been discussed here years ago, but what was the reason for See-Saw breaking up, both the first time in the 90s and then the last time? Has either of them ever talked about that? It seems like they were popular enough to go on longer, and it seems odd that Yuki started seeking out other singers like Saeko and Yuuka when Chiaki could have sung those songs. I can’t help but speculate: Power struggle? Disagreements about musical style? Chiaki wanted more input on the songwriting and Yuki resisted? Lovers quarrel?
I think they just went separate ways career wise. Kajiura had her anime composing career and Chiaki probably wanted to focus on her solo career. They never officially disbanded, so I don’t think there were any hard feelings involved.

Kaori Oda and Yuuka Nanri are in a backstage photo in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/HanaIinoue0305/status/1091708090997661696

本日花れんさんとまりさんとゆりりんと #犬フェス に行って参りました! Neinぶりの南里侑香さんと、織田かおりさんにお会いできてとっても嬉しかったです🙈 お二人とも可愛くてかっこよくて素敵で、とても興奮する愛に溢れたフェスでした😭✨

DyaGt_cUYAArzE2.jpg

DyaGt_dU8AAr1AL.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.anime-recorder.com/ArticleDetail.aspx?seq_no=21649&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
「フライングドッグ10周年記念ライブ-犬フェス!-」オフィシャルレポート
ここまで勢いよく走ってきた『犬フェス』だが、梶浦由紀/FictionJunction YUUKAが会場の空気を一変させる。梶浦由記のピアノに導かれ、オペラ歌手であり、梶浦作品の多くに参加してきた笠原由里をゲストボーカルに迎えて披露されたのは「salva nos」。ステージの最後方から迫力の歌声で圧倒すると、フロントにいるバイオリニストとボーカル&コーラスのKAORIとYURIKO KAIDAが、さらに曲に広がりをもたせる。ライブでの定番曲ということもあって、その完成度の高さは凄まじく、複雑なサウンド構築は圧巻のひと言だった。

「アーティストとレーベルは同じ地平を目指してはいるけど、違う場所で戦っている戦友みたいなもので、視点が少しずれているんです。だからこそ視野が広げられる」と、数多くの作品を手がけてきた梶浦らしい感謝の気持ちを言葉にすると、続いては彼女の優しいピアノの旋律に乗せ、ステージにYUUKAが登場する。FictionJunction YUUKAとして、TVアニメ『機動戦士ガンダムSEED』の挿入歌「暁の車」をしっとりと歌う。梶浦のピアノと、どこか儚さを感じるYUUKAのボーカル、そして徐々に高まっていく演奏と、そのパフォーマンスに釘付けになる。一転クラップが起こって始まったのは「nowhere」。笑顔で観客を見やり、まったく違う表現で、観客をグイグイと引っ張っていっていた。
8.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

続く石川智晶は、TVアニメ『神様ドォルズ』OPテーマの「不完全燃焼」から。〈不完全燃焼なんだろ?そうなんだろ?そうなんだろって?〉というインパクト抜群の歌詞で、発表された当時から、その中毒性の高さで話題となった曲だ。癖になるメロディと、石川智晶の纏う強烈な個性と世界観を見せつけると、MCでは一転、親しみやすくトークで場を和ませる。「歌っていいなと思います、皆さんもぜひ歌を歌ってほしい。行き詰まったときにマインドが変わるから。私も、歌がどれだけすばらしいかを伝えていけたらと思います」と語り、コーラスの美しさと心を揺さぶるメロディで、時代を越えて愛される楽曲「アンイストール」を歌いステージを去っていく。

31.jpg

32.jpg

少しの静寂のなか、ステージにはキーボードが準備され、2つのシルエットがステージに見えると、「まさか!」というどよめきの声が起こる。2人が出演していることから、期待をしていた人も少なくなかっただろうが、本当に実現したSee-Sawの復活。大ヒット曲「あんなに一緒だったのに」で力強くも伸びやかな歌声を響かせ、大きな感動を誘う。バンド紹介の最後に「See-Saw、ボーカル石川智晶」「See-Saw、梶浦由記」と、はっきりとバンド名を入れて紹介し合ったところで、ステージで起きていた光景が夢ではなく現実であったことを理解し、大きな拍手が巻き起こる。最後にふたりが手を合わせてステージを去っていくところまで、本当に忘れられない瞬間となった。

15.jpg

25.jpg

Looks like Yuuka is wearing the exact same dress that she did in Vol 11. I like the way Japanese performers aren’t afraid to wear the same outfits over and over again, unlike gaijin celebrities who can never be seen in the same outfit twice.

Looks like Yuuka is wearing the exact same dress that she did in Vol 11. I like the way Japanese performers aren’t afraid to wear the same outfits over and over again, unlike gaijin celebrities who can never be seen in the same outfit twice.
I think that dress is worn since Vol. 4 if I am not mistaken...IDK

I think the Vol 4 dress is very similar, but if you compare pictures or videos side by side, it’s slightly different. I always pay very close attention to Yuuka’s appearance.

Yeah, I was like, is this a new photo of Yuuka? lol But maybe they didn't have a new outfit for her? I am sure if she wanted to though she would have had something. I wish it had been broadcast to somewhere around here though. *sigh* I like Yuki's short hair.

Back