Yuki Kajiura Birthday Project 2019 "Booklet with photos of trains & rail stations": COMPLETED

What idea should we do for 2019 YK birthday project ?

• Print poster with birthday wishes & send it to her with Kugayama (Kowz idea)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • We Buy a gift and send it to Kajiura (Kirito's Idea)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Booklet of photos/pictures of trains and rail stations (Smiley)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Post card from each country we are + message (tsubasa)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A train/train station-themed gift is a great idea, especially when this 'FJS/FJM Year' means quite a lot to Kajiura and us fans. It's like the beginning of an exciting new journey at the crossroads, after saying goodbye to what we were once familiar with. It really has that 'FictionJunction' feeling. :w00t:

Some suggestions:

Shall we make it into something like a guidebook (but not overdoing it or it will be too boring)? E.g. include short descriptions of anything unique about trains in our countries. We can put in pictures of traditional/vintage train tickets as well, even better if they are scarred or bruised by time *laughs*, or if that train journey was of special purpose to you (leave a place forever, see something for the first time etc.). They should fit well with those kantan katan themes of reminiscence, nostalgia, and the idea of living through your life filled with ups and downs.

Yes, the idea is reference to FJStation.
This time we can print a book (in accordion style) and present it to Ms Kajiura during the autograph session in Asia tour.
I get what you want to do with the book design, but hey, 'accordion' is also an instrument which she uses amazingly in her (earlier) works, isn't it?
*solitude by the window from NOIR plays* :love:
How about turning the booklet into an accordion? Like, keys drawn on the cover and bellows become pages. Of course there will be stuff related to trains on those artworks, too.

Some suggestions:

Shall we make it into something like a guidebook (but not overdoing it or it will be too boring)? E.g. include short descriptions of anything unique about trains in our countries. We can put in pictures of traditional/vintage train tickets as well, even better if they are scarred or bruised by time *laughs*, or if that train journey was of special purpose to you (leave a place forever, see something for the first time etc.). They should fit well with those kantan katan themes of reminiscence, nostalgia, and the idea of living through your life filled with ups and downs.

Haha i doubt anyone has saved super-old tickets , and googled images wont do, and leaving a place forever by train is also quite rare, happens mostly in stories :)

Haha i doubt anyone has saved super-old tickets , and googled images wont do, and leaving a place forever by train is also quite rare, happens mostly in stories :)

:XD: Well, that's an example!
Hmm, maybe not super-old tickets then (but it will be good if someone does have one). Just a 'meaningful' ticket will be fine.

Edit: Those 'meanings' and stories can be INSPIRATIONS for Yuki! INSPIRATIONS! :cheer:

Attachments

• 17C46A6C-6596-4A39-9BDA-72EAE7856243.jpeg
    17C46A6C-6596-4A39-9BDA-72EAE7856243.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 291
those of us living in the US would have a harder time contributing if it's pictures of train stations.... most of the country doesn't have/use passenger trains

Yeah... we have Amtrak, and that's it for here, but in Chicago has one large one. Could someone put in the directions, are we looking for pictures and then referencing instruments? what is going on? lol Sorry, been awhile since I've been here.

Yeah... we have Amtrak, and that's it for here, but in Chicago has one large one. Could someone put in the directions, are we looking for pictures and then referencing instruments? what is going on? lol Sorry, been awhile since I've been here.
What if we just mainly provide the pictures of train and railway station, and for those who don't have, you can choose any other kind of your local transportation, like bus station, tram, ship and port etc.

those of us living in the US would have a harder time contributing if it's pictures of train stations.... most of the country doesn't have/use passenger trains

Subway = underground train :ohoho::psst:

I still think buying (or making, if your good) artbooks/ picture books, or books in general is better. It's a nice gift, plus it's what she uses for inspiration.

does anyone else on here know how to bind books? I'm always busy during the summer

Here is a good idea... How about a post card from each country we are? Just a photo of the front and the actual message?
That sounds nice... I think it should be a time to create a poll and vote. We have some choices available now.

Yes tsubasa's idea is nice. I could do that. heh There are no train museums around here, just the station, and the trains aren't that cool. But the postcard idea is nice.

Back