Yuki Kajiura announced for Anime Expo Friday 6 July 2018

@crystalpink I saw May'n live last month. Even though it wasn't released in the USA, I would anticipate that May'n would sing some songs from Macross Frontier (e.g. Don't Be Late, Diamond Crevasse, Lion, Obelisk, Northern Cross, What about my star?...).
Thanks! I will listen to those songs!

VIP tickets were gone immediately after the first few seconds. Though there are tickets left, I would say the box office is pretty good this time. That's to say, things like SAO Live won't happen. Come on, it's AX. Visa is not an excuse this time.

This time, I'm booking a hotel I can cancel within 48 hours notice--ditto for airline if possible--but I'm going, seeing as I have an empty concert program for that ill-fated SAO Hollywood concert!

Ugh, I wish I could go. It's the day we leave for the cottage, so I would have no one to go with, my friend that goes to cons would not have enough money for plane and hotel. I do not have enough money. Plus you have to pay for a badge and ticket besides. *sigh* I hope she comes back later this year for a convention. I really wanted to see Joelle singing her music though.

Any one seen Nodame Cantabile ? In the announcement video for the con: Is YK pulling off one of those Nodame just woke up, been playing piano all night looks ?

Also: I see Kaida has dropped her blonde look.

Yeah, she looked pretty tired in the video. That or she's just getting old.

While we're on appearances, the singers looked a little uncomfortable. Kaori and Yuriko shifting their eyes from side to side made me giggle.

Considering she’s about to turn 53 and she’s been planning, rehearsing, and putting on 6 big shows in a 3-week span, including flying out to LA, with much less business and production support than she’s had in the past, I don’t blame her for looking slightly frazzled. I just hope she takes good care of herself and sleeps, exercises, and eats healthy so she can continue to do this for many years to come.

@Westkana Thanks for linking that clip.

I hope we get a full setlist. I'm expecting that most, if not all, of the songs were probably picked from the YK Live vol.#14 setlist. People on twitter have already mentioned Yasashii Yoake, longing, and key of the twilight. It was apparently pretty much SAO, Fate and .hack//sign that appeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it? I mean, I expected as much before they announced the whole band was coming but then was surprised they were coming so I thought they'd do more. Not even lord theme? Wow... This is a pretty lame setlist.

Correct me if I’m wrong…

1. the beginning of the end
2. lancer and assassin
3. longing
4. key of the twilight
5. yasashii yoake
6. luminous sword
encore: Hana no Uta [w/ Aimer]
end BGM: everlasting song (English)
I'm guessing you made this list from being at the concert? I'm actually surprised the beginning of the end made it tbh. Thanks!

I was expecting this and yet still... eh. Would have totally enjoyed it if I was there, though. :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even lord theme? Wow... This is a pretty lame setlist.
Too unknown for most of the audience, even if it had an American release, hue. I personally don't mind the setlist, but I would make some changes. I would've traded the beginning of the end for Shadows and fog, and move Lancer and assassin to the end, since it's more hype.

Back