With what Sound System are you listening to Yuki's Music?

my sound system is the default built-in speaker in my compaq deskpro CPU. :XD:

i also play it in a dvd player with a pair of speakers when i'm at home

Oppo 83SE-> Denon S10II -> Creek Destiny ->B&W Signature 805

Keiko (from Red Moon Live Blu-ray) and my speaker:
:nophoto:

Re:

KalafinaDasuki said:
Oppo 83SE-> Denon S10II -> Creek Destiny ->B&W Signature 805

:ayashii:

Very interesting combination of using 2 integrated amps in one setup. Any particular reason for this choice? Colouration, perhaps?

Special_K said:
Very interesting combination of using 2 integrated amps in one setup. Any particular reason for this choice? Colouration, perhaps?

The Denon S10II is a CD player/DAC (I do have another amp, but that is for movie and surround sound). It is connected with the Oppo 83SE via coaxial. The Oppo 83SE, by itself, sounds thin, hard, and lack of focus. That’s why I use the S10II as a DAC to improve the sound, and bring out the beautiful vocals from Kalafina.
:psst:

New Audiophile member ... :ayashii:

Nice..

I'm also going to buy HRT Music Streamer Pro for my DAC :XD:

Re:

KalafinaDasuki said:
The Denon S10II is a CD player/DAC (I do have another amp, but that is for movie and surround sound). It is connected with the Oppo 83SE via coaxial. The Oppo 83SE, by itself, sounds thin, hard, and lack of focus. That’s why I use the S10II as a DAC to improve the sound, and bring out the beautiful vocals from Kalafina.

Nice. Strangely, the Oppo/Nuforce label seems to be well received on many fronts elsewhere, though. :psst:

It's a shame I haven't really heard enough to comment on that.

Oh yes, you *SHOULD* make yourself known to the world on the intro page, too. :XD:

But just a tip: Don't start a format war there. Most of the members here are still not as privileged as us to be able to dabble with high fidelity audio. The guy who supported lossless formats got beaten up quite bad (virtually) and voluntarily left, I think. You can have a read if you have time. Quite....erm...interesting.

/me ignores Zoa. :plot:

Hmm.....should I interest myself with the new range of Sansa and Sony Walkman devices? :XD:

/me is whacked for not having enough money to indulge in them in the first place. :ohoho: :sohappy:

Re: Re:

Special_K said:
Nice. Strangely, the Oppo/Nuforce label seems to be well received on many fronts elsewhere, though. :psst:

It's a shame I haven't really heard enough to comment on that.

Don’t get me wrong, Oppo did an excellent job producing their players for a reasonable price. It is hard to beat their performance within the price range. I know it is unfair to compare a universal blu-ray player (83SE) to a single-purpose CD player/DAC (Denon S10II), which costs at least twice as much, but I have both players. Why not get the best of them.

As for the rave reviews go, I don’t blindly trust them. I trust my own ears. After all I am the one (and my friends) who enjoys my system, not the reviewers. :groucho:

I have no experience with Nuforce, so I would not give any comment on them.

Special_K said:
Oh yes, you *SHOULD* make yourself known to the world on the intro page, too. :XD:

Will do that later. :shy:

Special_K said:
But just a tip: Don't start a format war there. Most of the members here are still not as privileged as us to be able to dabble with high fidelity audio. The guy who supported lossless formats got beaten up quite bad (virtually) and voluntarily left, I think. You can have a read if you have time. Quite....erm...interesting.

Thanks for the advice.

Re: Re:

KalafinaDasuki said:
Don’t get me wrong, Oppo did an excellent job producing their players for a reasonable price. It is hard to beat their performance within the price range. I know it is unfair to compare a universal blu-ray player (83SE) to a single-purpose CD player/DAC (Denon S10II), which costs at least twice as much, but I have both players. Why not get the best of them.

As for the rave reviews go, I don’t blindly trust them. I trust my own ears. After all I am the one (and my friends) who enjoys my system, not the reviewers. :groucho:

I have no experience with Nuforce, so I would not give any comment on them.

:ayashii:

Strange, I've always associated these two names to be under the same umbrella.

Although I have to agree that the brands in question are pretty well established and received in the market. :XD:

It's nice to see someone enjoy their setup, though. Very rare in the audiophile industry/market. :goodjob:

need to put more cushion or something on my headphone's head band to make it more comfortable :uh..:

Interesting stuff.

I just made a switch (out of necessity, actually -- since the left channel of my E9 amp wasn't working) back to my laptop's integrated sound card (i.e. the SRS Premium Sound kit). And it was GAWD awful!! :XD:

But I think the Fiio E7/E9 combo is a nice and affordable (relatively!! since it only costs as much as a premium sound card!) solution to get good quality sound out of your PC. Highly recommended! :goodjob:

Although to my ears, it's a bit like an amuse bouche. Fun, cute, tasty and bite sized; but not to be taken too seriously and only as a taster of better things to come.

Re:

Special_K said:
Interesting stuff.

I just made a switch (out of necessity, actually -- since the left channel of my E9 amp wasn't working) back to my laptop's integrated sound card (i.e. the SRS Premium Sound kit). And it was GAWD awful!! :XD:

You cannot go back once you've tried the good stuff. :psst:

i lost my earphones
i don't like listening with me cp
my laptop's broken

am left with me ds
wraaaah :XD:

A very old thread, but I really recommend trying to listen to YK at least on CD quality/FLAC and through a stereo set. I can't think of an artist whose work is produced better than hers and I think I've roughly a 1,000 artists or something I my collection. It is rare to encounter even a mediocre YK OST album production-wise.

A good stereo set will be able to convey delicate details to you. For example, I forgot the album but you are able to hear chimes ring and circulate above your head before finally disappearing. Apparently, YK had decided such an effect should be included on the track. There are many other cases of three-dimensionality on her albums. They turn into a bigger experience, like you were in a cinema enjoying a movie vs. watching the same film on a small tv screen.

I have for about a decade now ALTEC LANSING FX3021 which are 1 subwoofer and 2 tremple speakers, and im very pleased. I have a 2nd set that my bro was using but the A/C cable was lost so i bought CREATIVE Pebble 2 for an other home. When i first discovered Kajiura i changed 3 different ipods over the years. I do listen sometimes on smartphone too, but not very often

I used to have a decent 5.1 set but it ded, and I haven't tried to repair them. I had been using some shitty stereo speakers from 2006 that came with a PC, and now my brother-in-law gave me a pair of headphones he doesn't use anymore. They're not new, but at least they sound better than the shitty speakers.

Back