With what Sound System are you listening to Yuki's Music?

R

Razgriz

Just curious... because Yuki's musics are absolutely great!
you'd need a great system in order to unleash her music's true power right?

For me.. :shy:
Best I have is PC system: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card
with CREATIVE SB Inspire M5300 5.1Ch

and I'm thinking of upgrading to Edifier S550 or Logitech Z-5500 :nosebleed: (still waiting for my mid-year BONUS)

your turn :sparkleguy:

oh and the thread title should be: "With what Sound System are you listening to Yuki's Music?
Sorry for that my english isn't good, thanks for advice.

I have common audio card, I dont remeber its name but shouldnt be anything awesome XD, but I have a sound system at the living room which costed only 200 Euro 1.5 year ago and its great, its that one https://www.pacifichifi.net.au/image/ca ... 00x500.jpg I often use it to listen to Yuki's music :dote:

oh and the thread title should be: "With what Sound System are you listening to Yuki's Music?

:XD: My pc, I suppose it's a VIA Audio Card or something like that, or my LG mobile.

in me notebook and ds (converting the mp3 into aac is very :uh..: )
sometimes in me phone

i use my headphone, AKG K702..

and currently waiting for my shipment for Headphone DAC/Amplifier Ibasso D12 Anaconda :tea:

AKG K702
:nosebleed:

I'm using Audio-technica AD700 on my laptop with generic sound card (I dont even know its name ...)

Mostly my earphones, via a Pocket PC software. :XD: I don't often listen to music at home, but I have some Dowell subwoofer (something like this, although mine looks a bit differently). No idea about the audio card, honestly speaking...

in me notebook and ds (converting the mp3 into aac is very )

does your flash card support Moonshell? it handles mp3 rather well.

just got my hands (ears) on the ibasso D12...

i think its not strong enough to drive K702

looking forward for Fiio E9..

AKG K702 is a very picky/demanding headphone :uh..:

This question was posted some time back. :XD:

Link here.

Maybe I can kinda revive that thread a little if there is enough interest for equipment talk, though. :XD:

And, yes, I've been a little busy with equipment between the time I posted those loooooong loooooooong messages and recently.

Best setup heard so far: Mac Book Pro -> Optical out -> Devialet D-premier -> Martin Logan Vista

[Comment: More bass and upper freq. extension compared to the "pro" setup using studio equipment. Beautiful, expansive soundstage. Detailed, expressive midrange. Good voicing and textures. Punchy and very dynamic. Very clean, fast, and tight bass lines, esp. for "Red Rose". Nice sparkle/sheen without sibilance. Very good control even at very high gain, no signs of clipping or cracking. "Symphonia" and "Heigen" sounded best on this setup. :dote: ]

Personal setup: iTunes -> Fiio E7+E9 (USB @16/44.1 only) -> Sennheiser HD600

[Comment: Not fantastic (as it was bought initially for my iPhone). Even the Arcam rDAC can prove itself to resolve a *lot* more detail and has higher gain and better extension. Will probably upgrade in the near future when resources allow to a balanced/XLR setup with AES/EBU inputs and speakers - possibly even going with the Devialet/ML setup mentioned above with some tweaks. :XD: ]

Right now I don't have a home audio system since I'm a dorm student, and I sold my laptop and PC.

Right now my source is my LG Optimus V /w Power Amp Retail
Soundmagic PL-11

I plan on buying a Sansa Fuze+ and FiiO's new portable headphone amplifier, and eventually a better pair of IEMs, Somewhere in the sub-$100 range. I like how my PL11 are as good as a pair of $100+ Bose OEMs LOLOLOL.

Right now most of my Yuki K. collection is MP3, but I have managed to buy .Hack/Sign OST 1, 2, Liminality OST, Twilight OST, Red Moon, and Fiction II and ripped them to .Flac

Eventually I plan on purchasing Yuki K/See-Saw/Kalafina/FictionJuction + Akiko Shikata's entire discography and ripping to .Flac.

Re:

rubyiris said:
I like how my PL11 are as good as a pair of $100+ Bose OEMs LOLOLOL.

:XD: That's because the Bose ones are rubbish. If you can afford to save up a bit more, do give brands like Etymotic and Audeo/Phonak a shot too. I'm personally also using a pair of Phonka PFE 112 IEMs and they sound pretty good for the money.

rubyiris said:
Right now most of my Yuki K. collection is MP3, but I have managed to buy .Hack/Sign OST 1, 2, Liminality OST, Twilight OST, Red Moon, and Fiction II and ripped them to .Flac

Eventually I plan on purchasing Yuki K/See-Saw/Kalafina/FictionJuction + Akiko Shikata's entire discography and ripping to .Flac.

If you have enough hard disk space, do consider ripping your tracks out into AIFF as well. I found that playback with AIFF sounds a lot better than FLAC on larger, more sensitive systems (such as studio or consumer hifi stereo).

EDIT/ADD: Just realised that you called yourself an audiophile. If you walk the talk, just forget whatever you have planned above with the Fiio setup (total waste of time, really). Go get some summer work and save up for an iPod Classic (160GB). Rip your tunes into 16/44.1 AIFF and then play them back on this nifty setup with a pair of custom IEMs of your choosing. Your ears will thank you. If you need to hook that setup to a DAC at home, do consider the Nordost Silver Shadow SPDIF coaxial cable too. Pretty good sounding for entry level stuff.

interesting thread...

I also going to buy Fiio e9... :tea: ...... for my budget atm :uh..:

These days, I use my Mackie Onyx Blackjack interface with Shure SRH440 headphones... mainly b/c I use her songs as reference tracks when I mix

Re:

icedphoenix said:
These days, I use my Mackie Onyx Blackjack interface with Shure SRH440 headphones... mainly b/c I use her songs as reference tracks when I mix

Do post up some of your covers in the Creative Corner board!

i have my earphones(PC) and dvd player w/ speakers (i want a home theater) :uh..:

Re: With what Sound System are you listening to Yuki's Music

If you have enough hard disk space, do consider ripping your tracks out into AIFF as well.
I found that playback with AIFF sounds a lot better than FLAC on larger, more sensitive systems (such as studio or consumer hifi stereo).

Really!? :waii:
I'll give it a shot I've never try AIFF before.
I used to play FLAC all the time.
Thanks for a tip.

Harddrive space should he a non-issue. Wd caviar black 1tb will run you $75 and a 2tb will run you just over $100.

A super portable drive like the wd my essentials 1tb is less than $100 on amazon

I have no idea what my sound card is. My computer's around five years old, so it's probably not the best. But spending a little more money on Sennhauser headphones was the best thing I ever did...compared to my old Logitech pair, everything I listen to sounds great :sohappy:

I do have a set of Logitech speakers+bass too, but I don't use it very much. I stick with my headphones instead :V:

currently im still trying to listen whether i like what SRS Audio Lab done to my musics or not ... :tea:

Back