What are you listening to right NOW?

Noir OST (Yuki Kajiura)

Happy 22nd Anniversary to the first episode of Noir, and its phenomenal soundtrack as a result! Definitely in my top five of her works.

To Kajiura’s live staples like Salva Nos and Canta per Me, to the atmospheric glory of Corsican Corridor, Whispering Hills, Romance, and Colosseum. To the simple yet beautiful piano tracks like Snow and Zero Hour, to the vocally emotional tracks like Indio and Secret Game and Farewell Song, to the unused songs like Love, Fake Garden, and Maze. To the haunting Les Soldats, Ode To Power, Black Is Black, and Power Hungry. To Chloe, which is one of the most prominent examples of Kajiura’s mastery of creating character themes. To Solitude By The Window and Liar You Lie, which are a perfect example of the OST’S breadth and range. To Melodie, which encapsulates the entire show with a single tune. To all of the songs I haven’t mentioned, most of which I also love, for being a perfect compliment to the show’s atmosphere and emotional weight.

And, finally, to Lullaby. It’s been two and a half years since I’ve first heard it, but it still devastates me with every time I listen, no matter the version played. One of my favorite songs ever, without a doubt.

(Also I’m rewatching Noir. A pretty cool coincidence; I had planned to rewatch it on this week since a few months ago, and it just so happened to line up with the release date, haha.)

Last edited:
ことのほかやわらかい-FJ

Noir was the 1st anime I saw that had Kajiura's music in it. I love it. My bro's friend introduced me to the show, so I really owe him everything.

me bored.

i typed in kajiura yuki on youtube. most viewed : (some one make a thread)

1. this day and never again
2. a song of storm and fire
3. back to zero
4. sand dream
5. will
6. mezame
7. some compilation
8. sis puella magica!
9. the first take
10. absolute configuration

Mou Kimi no Koto wo Mitakunai - FictionJunction ft. rito

ngl this song grew on me a lot... back when it was first unveiled on YKL17 I was like "bruh boring zzz" now it's on my top 3 from Parade album. rito's vocal with her amateur-ness is quite charming

I still don't like how the song ends on that awkward key though

Yuki Kajiura live at Animagic 2004 with Kaori Nishina on vocal. Currently at key of the twilight. Damn I love her voice so much, I really hope Kajiura would work with her again.

Back