What are you listening to right NOW?

Umm, I didn't know what you meant by that? I wasn't searching for Animagic 2023 video lol. I was actually browsing for Princess Principal live for the Mou Hitotsu Mawashite video, then I stumbled upon this channel which basically uploaded nearly all Kajiura related videos, even the incredibly obscure ones. The Animagic 2004 one was their latest video.

the vanity live was so good even though Nishina was unnecessarily bending her bodies throughout the performance, tiring herself for no reason lmao

My bad then. I was yesterday. :)
I kinda wanted to search for it but then I decided to just wait for Kenjikun to upload his if he decides to. Don't really care much for it though because ngl the setlist is awful lmao sorry Kajiura that setlist really isn't representative of your career, especially for a rare overseas live. Just felt like they didn't have time to rehearse other songs so they went with FJS live and talk setlist lol

I kinda wanted to search for it but then I decided to just wait for Kenjikun to upload his if he decides to.
I could be wrong but I'm under the impression that Kenjikun recorded it from a pocket and doesn't have any proper video (#328823 "I have it in video format (even if black)" @day1). Eh. Wrong thread for setlist discussion so I won't derail but from the recording it would seem the response to the song choices was good. XD

Wakana - breathing

This song is glorious and the only thing that sadly dampens this song is Wakana's (quite frankly) atrocious falsetto and head voice

Thanks for that audio! Btw I feel like I'm being too harsh on Wakana lol but I said what I said

anyway I'm listening to her magic moment album again a lot lately. she sounds lovely in where and 442

Kuchizuke & Gekka Reijin (BUCK-TICK)

So, I’ll be honest . . . The BUCK-TICK news this morning hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m not going to pretend that I was super into them as a band; I’ve only heard about five of their songs, but still . . . They’ve made two of my favorite songs of all time. Both of which were used in Shiki, a favorite of mine, which I rewatched for the fifth time only three weeks ago.

And, with all the songs by the group I know, Atsushi Sakurai magnified their impact with his vocal performance. The chaotic darkness of Kuchizuke hooked me on Shiki, and the sorrow of Gekka Reijin hit me incredibly hard. Without him as the vocalist, I’m not sure that BUCK-TICK would have soared to the heights they’ve reached in their forty year career.

The group has survived for a miraculously long time, and their impact on the Visual Kei genre will be denied. But as much as his past performances will live on in immortality . . . His life still ended in the way it did. And it absolutely fills me with sorrow and dread.

Rest in piece, Atsushi Sakurai. You made one heck of an impact. So tonight, I’ll listen to your songs for Shiki for the thousandth time, and recognize the fact that you’ll live on in the minds of many.

Does anyone else listen or know about "Eternal Snow" CD (https://vgmdb.net/album/72437) that has the op and ed of "Full Moon O Sagashite" anime (early-2000s) by Changin' My Life? I seriously get goosebumps from this singing every time, it's so freaking sensual and warm at the same time.

I wonder what happened because the career of the singer never really skyrocketed. To me she's simply a great vocalist, maybe not in terms of skill but quality of voice.

If somebody has recommendations of similar Japanese vocalists, I'd like that.

Does anyone else listen or know about "Eternal Snow" CD (https://vgmdb.net/album/72437) that has the op and ed of "Full Moon O Sagashite" anime (early-2000s) by Changin' My Life? I seriously get goosebumps from this singing every time, it's so freaking sensual and warm at the same time.

I wonder what happened because the career of the singer never really skyrocketed. To me she's simply a great vocalist, maybe not in terms of skill but quality of voice.

If somebody has recommendations of similar Japanese vocalists, I'd like that.
I remember really liking their songs back then because I watched Full Moon wo Sagashite. Sadly they disbanded not long after they released their second album and according to her wiki, the vocalist went on 3 year hiatus right after that. Sadly that's a reason no wonder why their/her career never skyrocketed, to go on a hiatus when your career was just starting to hit off is just bad luck. That song really takes me back lol

Keiko and Kaori - Akamusubi

Back