What are you listening to right NOW?

^That's my favorite version. While Yuriko Kaida's versions are nice, I love the weight that Deb Lyons adds to the song, plus the different instrumental arrangement.

Currently playing:
The Tower -- Keiichi Okabe, NieR:Automata OST
I love whenever J'Nique Nicole comes in to change the melody and add a third harmony. However, if three people sang this together live, where the hell is that middle note because I can't find it for shit. Actually, to keep both harmonies is kind of hard for me :desksweat:

Previously:
City Ruins (Rays of Light) -- this is basically my new studying song
Possessed by Disease -- (I didn't know this was all one person with all of that range from being so low at the start, but I found it out by live video)
A Beautiful Song -- (I love thinking J'Nique Nicole was a man when I hear this song, because her voice surprised me)
All from NieR:Automata OST

MY FIRST STORY- THE PREMIUM SYMPHONY, currently on Love Letter :love::love:

please release the piano arrangement for this song Hiro :plz:

CardCaptor Sakura OST

I never realized how excellent this soundtrack is until watching the clear card this past anime season.

@Westkana I LOVE Blackmore's Night. I wish they would come to our Renaissance Faire. I hope one day they will!

sky-fripSide (just got their new album: Crossroads, just started it)

EXO CBX's new album on repeat.
It's literally so good.
Monday Blues is one of my new all time favorite EXO songs. It's like sultry, sassy, jazz? And it's also super mysterious and almost kinda ethereal, and CHEN SOUNDS SO GOOD IN IT LIKE HOLY FUCK HIS ADLIBS AND HIS VERSE HERE, god I love his voice so much :( Every single note he sings is just so full of resonance and support it's so refreshing to listen to, I love how vocal focused this mini album is.

And that sing talking rapping thing they do is something I'm not usually into, but it reEALLY works for this song. Also the chord progression in the background instrumentals are so so so so good and pretty?? I'm literally obsessed with this song lol.
This is also literally the only Kpop related thing that has made me feel genuinely happy in the past 4 months which Ik won't last so I want to savor it while I still can.

I honestly think Kajiura fans could find something to appreciate in this song it's just so so s o good.

As for the rest of the album, I legitimately love every single track except for maybe Sweet Dreams.
Lazy is just so chill and laid back (Love Baekhyun's line here, also the prechorus in the song really stands out imo) and is just totally my sound, Playdate is just so cute and fun, and the harmonies are ON POINT, and Thursday is basically Chen going off for 3 minutes. The chord progressions and harmonies in Thursday are phenomenal too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quasimodo - SHINee (live)

I've said it before and I'm saying it again: Onew's voice is just HEAVENLY. he's always very into every ballad he's singing. I can actually hear the pain and longing in his voice and his facial expression really shows that he's really feeling the song. I love all SHINee members but damn imo Onew is the best at actually "feeling" and putting emotions to their songs - and add to that his stability at every fancams I watched. His head voice is so fucking smooth ugh I love love him so much. He's also a very smart vocalist, I love how he switches to his head voice whenever he knows that he can't belt them or too tired to belt them, as long as he'd be able to actually hit the notes.

Watching SHINee lives makes me emotional because ofc my mind would take me back to December 17th, 2017.

Back