What are you listening to right NOW?

I finally “got” Hana no Uta today. I’ve been trying to get into this song, but it just sounded vague, forgettable, and boring to me. The melodies and chord progressions aren’t as immediately catchy and compelling as the typical Yuki OP/ED/insert song. And I don’t like Aimer’s draggy, slurred singing. But to prepare for the upcoming Anime Expo concert, I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with this song.

And today, after listening to it like 20 times, something clicked. Now I just love this song. I had it on repeat all day, driving my wife crazy. It makes my spine tingle and my eyes get all dewy. I have to hand it to Yuki for trying something different and succeeding, although it took me a while to get it. I still don’t like Aimer’s singing, and I wonder what it would have sounded like with Keiko singing the verses and Wakana coming in on the chorus. But regardless, it’s my favorite song in the world today.

Axion - 削除

the song is from Cytus
and to be honest i want someday kajiura's music added into a rhythm game, or is there already one?

ARIA-Kalafina (I quite enjoyed the 10th live version. Hikaru did a lot better than previous lives. And sprinter as well. I think she really took the time to practice the songs for this live. I'm just sad it was the last time performed... at least for awhile)

I made a playlist of all the Kalafina instrumental versions I can get my paws on and I’ve been listening to that. I had ignored them before because I thought without the singing, what’s the point? But the instrumental backing tracks are really eye-opening. To me, one sign of great songwriting is when the vocal melodies are very different from the backing tracks, and this is definitely the case with Yuki. Most pop songs just have the voice parts lazily follow the chord progression, so the song without the vocal sounds very similar to the song with. But many of Yuki songs are almost unrecognizable without the vocal parts because they use a variety of different intervals and move like counterpoint. Another nice thing about these instrumental versions is that they just beg you to sing along, although that might not be so nice to the people in the same room.

You know what? There is this song in my country with perfectly similar chorus with Mirai e. And it's so damn popular here. Since it was released in 2017, I wonder if it counts as plagiarism.

Not sure. If too similar maybe?

You know what? There is this song in my country with perfectly similar chorus with Mirai e. And it's so damn popular here. Since it was released in 2017, I wonder if it counts as plagiarism.

As a fellow indonesian who almost never listens to any indonesian songs, I wonder what is the song?

Anw I'm really into Kalasemipoprock atm so I've been jamming to mata kaze-d.u.-magia-obbligato a lot today

Interesting background music that I haven't previously heard before during the time before Chiaki Ishikawa's live starts.

As a fellow indonesian who almost never listens to any indonesian songs, I wonder what is the song?

Anw I'm really into Kalasemipoprock atm so I've been jamming to mata kaze-d.u.-magia-obbligato a lot today
You ARE Indonesian? Wow I never thought that. The song is called "Sayang" by Via Vallen

Now listening to : witch world #2
Sayaka, why 

Back