What are you listening to right NOW?

Someone leaked a ton of BoTW's soundtrack, so I'm listening to it rn. It's great so far. Definitely way more ambient than any other Zelda game, but I typically love ambient and calming music in games, so I'm totally on board with this.
I also LOVE the emphasis of piano as the primary instrument, it sounds so good, especially in battle themes.
Reminds me a lot of the Skyward Sword OST, which is great, as that OST is probably my favorite one in the series so far haha :p

^YESSS! The soundtrack is amazing. It's a perfect combination of zelda and ghibli style music. Easily my favorite zelda soundtrack so far. Whats really surprising is the fact that the woman behind this soundtrack has mainly been working on the animal crossing series of all things.

^Yess, completely agree!!
I'm seeing a lot of people on forums and stuff complaining about how the music is boring, not as catchy and whatnot, but I couldn't disagree more. Music doesn't need to have catchy bombastic melodies in order to be good, in fact, when there's too many of those catchy melodies, they actually start to get annoying to me lol (like in OoT).
This kind of ambient relaxing music is absolutely perfect for the tone of the game, I don't get what people are disappointed about.
And I can REALLY hear the influence of the Animal Crossing composer (especially here), but as I love Animal Crossing music, it's not a bad thing at all to me lol.

And it's not like the music doesn't have its fair share of those 'epic' melodic tracks that everyone wants so much, all the boss and battle themes are super memorable in my eyes, as well as the main theme.

But oh well, people will always complain I suppose D:

FJ live vol.4 part 2
back when Wakana sounded majestic and glorious and honestly they all looked like they're enjoying themselves so much.
(must be because Nozaki on drums)

Goose House's new album Heptagon. One of the band members is leaving so this is her graduation album and it's just so sublime. :dote:

Kibou no kanata - Kaori Oda

I'd say it's Kaori's best ballad yet, better than Calling. Love the piano.

Just idling in NieR: Automata listening to the utter perfection that is this game's soundtrack. Can't wait for my copy of the OST to get here, it may well be my best release of the decade so far.

Just idling in NieR: Automata listening to the utter perfection that is this game's soundtrack. Can't wait for my copy of the OST to get here, it may well be my best release of the decade so far.

The soundtrack really elevates the game. Been listening to it on repeat via YT playlists, and I love it.

The soundtrack really elevates the game. Been listening to it on repeat via YT playlists, and I love it.

It's so beautiful. The game is great too, loving it so far, but that OST. I can't help but stop and listen for ages.

NP: Necronomidol's new album, Deathless. Their first album disappointed me after having high hopes for it, but this seems to be exactly what I was hoping for. Not a bad track amongst the lot.

Back