Wakana solo career

Wakana's official YT channel was updated with flag music video mv
Apparently the digital single will be released tomorrow.
They also uploaded flag live version from last year Xmas concert

Wakana's official YT channel was updated with flag music video mv
Apparently the digital single will be released tomorrow.
They also uploaded flag live version from last year Xmas concert
Thanks!

From the video comments someone commented about a third album titled “Sono saki e”!!!!

Edit: duh it’s actually in the friggin info of the video. Third album release end of May 2023

Covers:
D92D72EC-038D-429F-9D1F-F9EA2D52A8BC.jpeg

Left to Right: Limited A, Limited B, Regular.

The album will have a total of ten songs.

Source: https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/News/A026394/127.html

I’m so excited for May 31st!

Acoustic live of Asu wo Yume Mite Uta (new track on her new album).
https://youtu.be/KNpIiA2uglw

Can I just say...I LOVE IT. I think it's one of Wakana's best songs ever, I've been looping it for the last hour and cannot get enough.

:love:

I thought it was a cover at first until the lyrics didn't turn up any results when I searched for it. Definitely not a typical Wakana ballad, because the melody is SO good.

The Tracklist has been released! (Also, there’s now technically eleven songs. I suppose the Interlude wasn’t included in the original announcement. Anyways, more to enjoy!)

1. Butterfly Dream
2. Rapa Nui
3. 標 (Shirushi)
4. 希望 (Kibou)
5. 殻 (Kara)
6. そのさきへ~Interlude~ (Sono Saki he~Interlude~)
7. KEMONO feat. Shin’ya Kiyozuka
8. 明日を夢見て歌う (Asu wo Yume Mite Utau)
9. Flag
10. そのさきへ (Sono Saki he)
11. あとひとつ (Ato Hitotsu)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoELKPrpgEM

Shirushi (標) is up. Very pretty, and the lyrics are very sweet (not so fun fact, apparently, the song was written as a dedication to Wakana's father who had recently passed away). I like Asu wo Yume Mite Uta slightly more, but this is still a great ballad nonetheless. Somehow, I prefer Wakana's works to Kajiura's as of late - a lot of the songs have a more personal touch, I would say.

After looking at recent photos of Wakana at latest appearances I'm completely comvinced she is pregnant and very well along. I've been watching Keiko so much that I didn't notice Wakana. There's a baby parade happening here. I expect hers next month. They keep their private lives so private that they don't even mention spouses or babies. But seeing is believnig.

I . . . Really don’t think that’s the case. But believe what you believe, I suppose.

Anyways, Butterfly Dream was released as a digital single. Forgot to post the news here because I’ve been super busy. But, yeah, that happened around ten days ago.

New album is out! My initial thoughts:

1. Butterfly Dream - Good song, though Wakana's falsetto is a little grating. Ending lasts too long for my liking.

2. Rapa Nui - Best track in the album. Great Celtic vibes, some of the melody reminds me of 442, but that's not a bad thing. Excellent track, it reminds me a lot of Kalafina's Celtic tracks.

3. Shirushi - great ballad, meh instrumentation. Acoustic version is better, I preferred her delivery there too (it was softer).

4. Kibo - sounds like a generic Japanese karaoke song from the 90s. Not a fan.

5. Kara - Tsubasa 2.0, I guess. Tsubasa is better though.

6. KEMONO - the most interesting track in the album, mainly because it's not Wakana's style at all. Very Persona 5-esque, with a mix of Vocaloid-inspired vocals. Not sure if I like it, but I don't hate it, I'll probably like this with more listens or a live version.

7. Asu wo Yume Mite Utau - great ballad, meh instrumentation. Acoustic version is better, I preferred her delivery there too (it was softer). Literally the same comment as Shirushi. The full version also doesn't have nearly enough variation to amke it worth listening to over the acoustic version.

8. Flag - great track, like others have said before, it's a very FJ song, which isn't a bad thing. Love the instrumentation here and the chrous, especially.

9. Sono Saki he - for a title track, I'm underwhelmed. The melody is very reminiscent of several of her other songs (and Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas, please tell me I'm not the only one), and the instrumentation is bland here too.

10. Ato Hitotsu - ehh. Forgettable ballad. It's no different from her live version too.

Overall, worse than magic moment, but the standout tracks (Rapa Nui, Flag) put it above her debut album.

Back