Wakana solo career

Btw I just watched Kizuato live from Wakana Anime classic and I laughed because Wakana messed up the lyrics at the beginning. At first I thought I misremembered the lyrics so after watching that I played Kizuato CD ver., turned out I was right 😂 She should've sung "kono itami wo shinjitai no yoru wo koete" but instead she sang "tada negai wo kanaetai no yoru wo koete". She had that near panicked look because I'm sure she realized she had messed up, thankfully it didn't affect the rest of the performance lmao (if somebody has pointed this out I'm sorry, I didn't bother to recheck the thread) hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMBJ1BJ1ag
DAMN that brief listen of 442......... I'M BLOWN AWAY.... great voice

and "myself", one of my most favorites from the album........... omg.........

Koi wa itsumo -- she really looks like she's enjoying herself and is more comfortable with the stage!

Happy Hello Day was always stupid to me but she sounds pretty good here.

"magic moment" -- what a PERFORMANCE!!! SUCH POWERFUL VOCALS from her

OK wtf I'm evening enjoying "toki wo koeru yoru ni"....

Wakana is really surprising me with this performance.

I'm really happy to see her voice recovered and her being so happy again :D She performed most of these songs really well too !

Btw I just watched Kizuato live from Wakana Anime classic and I laughed because Wakana messed up the lyrics at the beginning. At first I thought I misremembered the lyrics so after watching that I played Kizuato CD ver., turned out I was right 😂 She should've sung "kono itami wo shinjitai no yoru wo koete" but instead she sang "tada negai wo kanaetai no yoru wo koete". She had that near panicked look because I'm sure she realized she had messed up, thankfully it didn't affect the rest of the performance lmao (if somebody has pointed this out I'm sorry, I didn't bother to recheck the thread) hahaha

I bet she doesnt have the best memories from most of her Kalafina era, and / or she didnt revise the lyrics well.

Yuuka will be a guest at Wakana's birthday live. Intadasting. I thought she had retired hue.

Maybe it was only temporary due to family / health issues and she ll be back with Kajiura too at some point, after all i think they re in pretty good terms :) Surprised to see Wakana and Yuuka doing Collab since they didnt really have any chance when with Kajiura.

Last edited:
Two projects (FJ+Kalafina) and lots of concert, that was too much for her voice. And some of you said she didn’t take care of her vocal chords… So maybe she is recovering the voice.

Still think she has a special/unique voice. Not generic.

I think Kalafina concerts are the ones with the most impact since they were and all year long with very small breaks. When finished with one she had to rehearse for the next one. A look at the live events proves that.

Kalafina just had an extremely active live schedule. More than most artists, since Kalafina had a reputation for being "live" artists since Red Moon.

I only wish I got to see them in concert once before they disbanded (especially their acoustic strings lives where they sound SO MUCH BETTER than the usual lives). Oh well, next best thing is to get a ticket if Hikaru is guest vocal for FJ again.

With Yuuka:

https://twitter.com/Wakana1210staff/status/1464201013691568128
今日は12月10日の衣装合わせでした〜
Partying face
Party popper

早く皆にも見てもらいたいな…
Flushed face
Flushed face
Flushed face
Flushed face
Sparkles
Sparkles
Sparkles
Sparkles

帰り際に、侑香ちゃんと
Smiling face with 3 hearts
Two hearts

#南里侑香 ちゃん
#12月4日Wakana冬のサメまつりスペシャルクロストークイベント
#12月10日WakanaBirthdayClassic紀尾井ホール
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWvNrIIFz-w/

Sounds good. I appreciate it even more after I compared how much expression Wakana has breathed into the song compared with the utterly dull english version

Last edited:
Mite be cool. Songs sounds better than almost everything from MM. Though I gotta say, she sounds like she has something stuck in her throat... again.

I wish she would have something new. (Something more, like an album, I just saw the link to the youtube heh) It's been 2 years since Magic Moment. Hikaru and Keiko have released something.

I get the feeling her career is on hold right now. Over a year with just lives and mini lives, and zero releases or announcements.
I hope SC doesn't drop her though. Not because I care for her material, but because I definitely don't want her back in the Kajiura family hue.

That's kind of mean. And she had the one song which was pretty good. I think Kajiura wouldn't hire her again for FJ, probably since she has Joelle now. I like Joelle but some things aren't the same without Wakana (like Gaika).

Back