Vocalists biographies

Varete

Typo Queen
I wanted to know who is Yuri Kasahara, so i searched her on site and found this...
iRFDY.png

:uh..:
We need better biographies, really... :leaf:

^ I'd actually like full YK song performances of these other vocalists rather than having to manually search.

There is a write-up on Yuri Kasahara in the Yuki Kajiura Live #9 pamphlet

^ Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I want it to be easy to find the YK tracks and albums and videos that Yuri Kasahara (for example) sang on.

^ As idea its good but its difficult to do it since that list should be drop down in order to no take too much space, and be placed under each of the vocalists profile, unless you would prefer it on a totally new page.

Yeah that should be removed probably
If you have any other suggestions or want to rewrite some of these you're very welcome to do so!

I would, but I don't know a thing about Kasahara, that's why I was searching her on site.
I'll try rewrite it, though.

Is this ok?

Yuri Kasahara is an opera singer.
She studied in the Star Woman High School of Urawa and the Toho Gakuen School of Music, majoring in singing, and minoring in piano. She also went to Italy to continue her operatic studies. During her stay in Italy, she passed many auditions for operas, and performed in various music festivals, and was regarded as one of Japan’s finest vocalists.
Kasahara has recorded several commercial tunes, and has also written lyrics for operas such as Love Believing, Duoro no Aka SHOES, and Aoi Hitomi.
She has been collaborating with Kajiura since 2001, and has sung in the soundtracks for Noir, .Hack//Liminality, Madlax, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Mai Otome, Elemental Gelade, Pandora Hearts, Rekishi Hiwa Historia, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Fate/Zero, as well as Kajiura’s solo album Fiction. She was also a guest in Yuki Kajiura Live Vol. 6 and Vol. 9.

Yes that's perfect, thank you very much!!! :sohappy:

Are you interested to update the rest of the profiles too ? (check the recruitments thread on the everything Yuki board)

Eri Itō is an actress and singer.
Eri started singing when she was two years old and was taught by her mother. She studied in the Musashino Academia Musicae, which is one of the most prestigious music conservatories in Japan. After graduating, she joined the Shiki Theatre Company.
As an actress, she starred in the musical adaption of the novel Song of Bernadette, My Fair Lady, and Rosalie, among others. She was also the dub voice of Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and the singing voice of Mary Poppins and Mulan from their respective movies, and has also narrated several documentaries and commercials.
As a solo singer, she has released 2 albums, Say and Lonely with You (one song composed by Kajiura), and has collaborated with various Japanese artists.
With Kajiura, she has sung in the soundtracks for Tsubasa Chronicles, Xenosaga Episode III, Pandora Hearts, Rekishi Hiwa Historia, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Fate/Zero, as well as Kajiura’s second solo album Fiction II. She was also a guest in Yuki Kajiura Live Vol. 2, 6, 8, and 9.

Hey Kowz, what about updating some more texts, like Asuka's Chiaki's, Yuuka's and Kaori's.

Also has anyone heard of Kaori Hikita, has she stopped singing, I think she hasnt realised nothnig since her "natural" album :confu:

Re:

george1234 said:
Hey Kowz, what about updating some more texts, like Asuka's Chiaki's, Yuuka's and Kaori's.

Also has anyone heard of Kaori Hikita, has she stopped singing, I think she hasnt realised nothnig since her "natural" album :confu:

I completely forgot about this, sorry. :spotlight:

I'll start writing them~ :sparkleguy:

Here's the text for REMI, I post it here for correction. I will upload it to the site tomorrow. If you feel there's something more that needs to be added, just say it.

My sources are:
- The Remi thread viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1976
- This text viewtopic.php?p=206488#p206488
- This page http://myanimelist.net/people/9890/REMI/
- whitecrow http://sh-whitecrow.com/the-fantasy-band/

田中玲美 (Tanaka, Remi)
Born January 6, 1977 in Tokyo

REMI is a Japanese female singer with very light operatic voice, similar to a mezzo-soprano. She started classical singing in high school at 16. She also used to be in the wind instrument music club while in school, playing the flute and clarinet. After graduating from high school, she majored in classical music and
musicals in a Music school. After graduating she started off as a free vocalist, and every month was performing music that she had written with her friends from school. One of her first works as proffesional singer is the ending theme of the game "Memories Off 2nd" titled "Ashita Tenki ni...". She has worked with composers Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto, Shiki, Fairytail, Toriko etc.), Hiromi Mizutani and other Team-MAX members. She has also been a member of the band "Sound Horizon", appearing in the Story CDs of Shonen wa Tsurugi wo..., Roman, Seisen no Iberia, Moira, Märchen. She was also present at the "DreamPort 2008" concerts, a collaboration between Sound Horizon and Yuki Kajiura. Remi collaborated for the first time with Yuki Kajiura in Sword Art Online anime soundtrack, providing vocals for the tracks "", "", "", "".

Official Site: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/remi117/

Back