Translators team?

george1234

:hi: Sincewe recently got alot more japanese language knowers, I think its high time to start a thread like this. We have tons of untranslated interviews (from magazines etc) and liner notes (from osts), as well as 5 stories Yuki had wrote long ago.

Since translating interviews is a big burden for just 1 or 2 people, I think it would be best if a team of people could work on the same interview similaneously or share its translation by using the "cloud", google docs etc (where multiple people can co-write (and chat about) a document).

> Interviews: http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/interviews + others
+ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3618
> stories: http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/yu ... t-stories/
> liner notes: Some of them are translated http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/interviews/#Liner Notes , but are still some inside ost scans/albums.
> Lyrics: Although most are already translated by ninetales or Zero (or source site) you can improve or correct the existing translations and translate the new songs that come out.

I will tomorrow list a number of people that I think that could participate on this (but anyone could help if he/she wants to) :sparkleguy:

The same team could occationally help the CPM fansub viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3505&hilit=CPM+fansub

Here's the list:
- yuki.n
- nimsaj
- CrossAcademy22
- Hatouchan
- keikochan4
- @2Takashi156
- jac177
- Keiri
- arqnohikari

note: the people are listed as I remember them and not their knowledge level :XD:

Thank you for inviting me! :sohappy:

If there is a task, please feel free to ask me.
Cf. I've taken TOEIC test and TOEIC S/W test many times, so I can do some translations.
Cf. I'm good at doing translations of magazines, interviews.
(Cuz' I'm a student of a university, sometimes I can's accept some ones.)

*Thanks for the PM Geroge :bow:

This is Nice :ayashii:

My question is...
Is their gonna be a single thread(Depending on the topic, Lyrics, liner notes, etc.) where the team lurks and discusses?
Or are we keeping it the way it is?

@2Takashi156 said:
(Cuz' I'm a student of a university, sometimes I can's accept some ones.)

You are welcome! What do you mean with the above sentence ? That you might not have enough time to dedicate to the translations, or that you university doesnt allow you to translate from certain publishers? :confu:

@arq: We can keep this thread, or you can do the discussion as you translate the texts, like I said in google docs (now its called google drive) this is possible.

Overview of Google Drive
Google Drive lets you store and access your files anywhere -- on the web, on your hard drive, or on the go. Here’s how it works:

Go to Google Drive on the web at drive.google.com.
Install Google Drive on your computer or mobile device.
Throw your files in Google Drive. It’s right there on your device.
Now your files go everywhere you do. Change a file on the web, on your computer, or on your mobile device and it updates on every device where you’ve installed Google Drive. Share, collaborate, or work alone: your files, your choice.
https://www.google.com/intl/en/drive/st ... tures.html

@george1234
It means test terms, making reports and so on.
Usually, it's OK to take CPM's translations.

Thanks for inviting me!

I don't mind doing some translations when I have the time but my level of Japanese probably isn't high enough for some of the... "deeper" interviews :XD: And my listening still needs a lot of practice too so if I translate stuffs I'll probably be leaving some blanks for parts I can't catch or understand so someone else will probably have to help me touch up on them :desksweat:

If you guys don't mind having a sort of rough translation to work on from me then, sure I'll be glad to take up some, time permitting :shy:

@Takashi: Ah thanks, so its the first of what I menthioned ^^

@jac177: Dont worry, I am sure that while translating the ones that know better than you will help you improve as well :)

Thank you very much for the invite! :shy:

Looking forward to translating, especially new lyrics!^^ My Japanese level isn't very high, and my grammar isn't that good, but I'll certainly try my best! :D

That's... a lot of interviews.

I'll see what I can do based on my level and free time. I tend to like interviews/talks regarding their personal life more than the songs/albums though. They're easier to translate.

Just to put it out there, I'm only at JLPT N3, taking N2 in July with hardly any hope of passing because I haven't studied for it. I have strange luck with exams though (I didn't study for N3 but aced it). I might pass it but it won't accurately reflect my actual level. :ohoho:
My listening is pretty okay, I guess. I've been listening to radio talk shows regularly.

^Great! :) But like I said you dont have to do it alone. You can talk with the people above and seen which hours of the day you and 2-3 others have free time, and work on them together on google drive :)

Hey people, I have got a question: Does anyone know who is the guy who plays cello in Kichigo no shigemi ni ? :bow:

[ΕDIT" thanks to yuki.n

渡邉 辰紀
watanabe tatsuki
http://www.tpo.or.jp/about/member/detail-70.html

Thank you for inviting me!

Actually, I'd like to help with english translations, but I don't have confidence in my English anymore. For the time being, I have passed the advanced-level language examination, but since I started the university on Japanese speciality, my English grammar got worse :rain: (I use it almost only in forums). But I have a JLPT N2, so if it's still okay, I can help you with corrections or rough translations (as far as my time allows it). :shy:

^ only have Michigan's ECCE (Lower) but forums and anime have helped me improve. Its true that even if you get all the certificates for a language, if afterwards, you stop using it, you will forget most of the things you learned :XD:

I think I'll stick to posting on here... google products are still weird to me and I have everything in a folder on my computer as well as some already done that are on the forums *untouched and *unread :cry:

*I just did my version of Hikari no Yukue by Savage Genius and I'll put it up tomorrow.

Aa with a cowboy hat :dote: :dote: :dote:
AND WHY IS KORECHAN ONLY ON THIS PV!!! :omg:
Showin' off them gitaa skills :sparkleguy:

:XD:

Re:

george1234 said:
I gave this one to my friend, he translated around half of it and now he prays that he saved it on his laptop before he rebooted his windows :uh..:
If he did, Ill post it..Unfortunately he didnt manage to translate it all and probably wont have time to finish it thou.. :uh..:

If anyone from the team will be interested to translate this as well...

chrisgarci said:
Anyone familiar with Pandora Hearts? The onion belows show some scans from a special volume of the manga that may contain some relevant information on Yuki Kajiura and may be added on the Interviews section (although it is more of a conversation between the creator of the manga, Jun Mochizuki, and Yuki)

The onion now knows what these two great people are talking about:

:ohoho:

If only we can understand what they were saying though...

Translate please? :plz:

I'm trying to translate the fairytale and lacrimosa talks, but am missing some words/not sure about the translation.

Could anybody please help me with these? (Words in square brackets are the ones I don't get)

Lacrimosa talk: http://vimeo.com/41344171

(0:54) Wakana: Sara ni, [chakuuto] mo haishin chuu desuno de, sochira no hou mo zehi zehi yorushiku onegaishimasu.

Current translation: Also, [chakuuto] is currently being distributed, so by all means, please support that as well.

(1:12) Hikaru: Kochira no hou ni, moshikashite, ikeru ka mo?
Wakana: [Soutai jou?] ni, ko...a, soutai jou ni moraeru okkutara
Keiko: Jya, minasan zehi zehi [oobou?]shite kudasai.

Current translation: Hikaru: Could you elaborate on that? (too liberal! :cry: )
Wakana: People will receive the whole article (?)[soutai jou].
Keiko: Everyone, please [ooboo? oobou?]. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

fairytale talk: http://vimeo.com/41345720

(1:13) Wakana: Ne? Sugoi, mou [tsuretsure] hada toka, hontou masshiro de.

Current translation: Yeah, she had [tsuretsure] skin and it was really fair/white.

(2:14) Keiko: A, demo tabun kore wa hitoshiku natta ka, [miirarenai?] tokoro ne.

Current translation: But that place is probably equally unreachable for each of us.

(2:21) Wakana: [Bootsuki] kyandee mo aru rashii yo.

Current translation: Apparently she has (bootstuki?) candy [possibly lollipops, according to Google Images].

Please? :plz:

mashimomenu said:
Wakana: [Soutai jou?] ni, ko...a, soutai jou ni moraeru okkutara
I heard 招待状 (shoutaijou), which means invitation letter if I'm not mistaken. No idea what's "chakuuto" though :XD:

mashimomenu said:
(1:13) Wakana: Ne? Sugoi, mou [tsuretsure] hada toka, hontou masshiro de.
I think it's "tsurutsuru" as in smooth.

mashimomenu said:
(2:21) Wakana: [Bootsuki] kyandee mo aru rashii yo.
I heard "Ootsuki" but I have no idea what that has anything to do with candy :XD: The closest thing I could find is Ootsuki Kenji, a rock musician lol.

Thank you! I'm indebted to you :bow:

I guess I'll stick with the 'lollipop' thing for now...

"Chakuuto" and "ootsuki"... Wakana uses words I don't understand :XD:

Back