The Video Game Thread

P

Paninya

I haven't seen a thread about video games in general, so I thought I'd start one :D

We can use this thread to talk about video games :D

What video games are you guys playing? What video games are you guys looking forward to playing?

As of right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations and Pokemon HeartGold. I'm really looking forward to The Last of Us which is coming out next week! Can't wait to play it XD

If you use the PSN, feel free to add me: Paninya

I do love playing video games :3

My platforms are mostly Nintendo.

My favorite Series are: Final Fantasy, harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem among others.

I heard there are a lot of Pokemon releases lately, I still haven't seen them.

My favorite game is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 :nosebleed:

Here's my Mii Avatar
Mii%2BQR.jpg

I forgot my friend code :knife: :knife:

I also play iOS and Android games BUT they can't compare to the dedicated machines.

Right now, I'm playing this
:nophoto:

my preference for video games are all over the place: for example, i don't like bullet hell but i love touhou (haven't got to try the TH14 demo or TH13.5 yet though). fire emblem is fabulous to play, but i only like path of radiance and radiant dawn myself OTL

what i tend to play usually has playable female main characters. so something like P3P (which is amazing, btw: you guys should totally play it!!!!), samurai warriors (aya is my love), and dynasty warriors is pretty fun. don't even get me started on pokemon conquest :ohoho:

i did branch out into "tabletop" with my purchase of etrian odyssey iv... so really i'm just trying to find 3DS games to make purchasing my special edition 3DS worth it, lol

OH BUT ace attorney and professory layton games are seriously the best. I WANT TO PLAY THE CROSSOVER SO BAD, BUT WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN A LOCALIZATION :omg: :cry: (yet) :plot:

i love touhou

I also play touhou but only the fighting games like hisoutensoukou and scarlet weather rhapsody

pokemon conquest
I also played that but only for the main story... didn't have the time to finish the side quests because I already bought my 3DS that time.

I'm now waiting for the localization of Bravely Default.

Sonygger here, though I'm buying a 3DS for Animal Crossing.

Currently playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PS3. Nobody hires my pawn even though she's kawaii as fuck.

Re:

joel_jman said:
I do love playing video games :3

My favorite Series are: Final Fantasy, harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem among others.

I heard there are a lot of Pokemon releases lately, I still haven't seen them.

My favorite game is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 :nosebleed:

I love Final Fantasy :D If I had to choose my favourite would probably be FFIX but FFX is close up there too! I have yet to play the Final Fantasy Tactics series, but maybe I'll give it a try soon!

I think Pokemon X and Y are supposed to be coming out soon, but I have no clue when lol.

ImmortalBirdcage said:
OH BUT ace attorney and professory layton games are seriously the best. I WANT TO PLAY THE CROSSOVER SO BAD, BUT WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN A LOCALIZATION :omg: :cry: (yet) :plot:

I haven't played the Professor Layton games but I've heard nothing but good things about them!! Are you excited for Ace Attorney 5? I can't wait to play as Phoenix again :)

Kowz said:

Currently playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PS3. Nobody hires my pawn even though she's kawaii as fuck.

I'm thinking of buying a 3DS too for Kingdom Hearts 3D and the new Pokemon games :)

joel_jman said:
I also play touhou but only the fighting games like hisoutensoukou and scarlet weather rhapsody

you should totally branch out! imperishable night (TH08) is the easiest in the old windows series by far, but i wouldn't recommend starting with that because then you get stuck on the habit of death-bombing, which isn't featured in any other games </3 :uh..: :blood: i made that mistake OTL the newer ones like Ten Desires (TH13) and UFO (TH12) are made simpler for newcomers, too

Paninya said:
I haven't played the Professor Layton games but I've heard nothing but good things about them!! Are you excited for Ace Attorney 5? I can't wait to play as Phoenix again :)

i've played the first 3 professory layton games and the music is amazinggggg. the art is kinda base-breaking for some people, but it's charming and it'll grow on you. the puzzles are difficult, but it's fun - the ones you need to solve in order to progress through the plot are actually pretty simple lol

also OLD PHOENIX. idk, it kinda feels like they're milking ace attorney with this (i don't like how the new charas look/redesigns/etc), but the animation's pretty fantastic and so is the promo music. but they're gonna milk it successfully because i'm still gonna get it when it comes out :ohoho: :blood: have you watched the ace attorney live-action movie?

Kowz said:

oh my gosh, i'm so glad this console's getting an animal crossing. mainly i want to use it to create characters to cosplay because you have so many more options for clothing @____@ :sohappy: :shy: playing as the mayor for once sounds really fun, too

I'm thinking of buying a 3DS too for Kingdom Hearts 3D

Oh, I forgot about Kingdom Hearts. I'm buying it too.

oh my gosh, i'm so glad this console's getting an animal crossing. mainly i want to use it to create characters to cosplay because you have so many more options for clothing @____@ :sohappy: :shy: playing as the mayor for once sounds really fun, too

Here's a site with lots of QR codes for clothing and other stuff: http://en.doubutsu.qr-matome.info/

I don't know if the picture can be seen, but these are the games I am currently playing in the 3DS, with Monster Hunter being played the most. Oh, and my friend code is also there.

I have also played games in the PSP such as Crisis Core FFVII, some Yu-Gi-Oh tag battle games, Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection, Disgaea I and II...

I'm tempted to buy Animal Crossing as well, but sadly it's out of my budget for now. I'll definitely look forward to Ace Attorney 5 though.

hey guys, i'm sorry for double posting OTL but... have you all seen the trailer for AA5 yet?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJZrLq0s6g[/youtube]

E3 is next week, pretty excited for that (not for news, but because it's the Eurovision of gaming at this point). Next gen doesn't appeal to me at all;PS4 is going to be ridiculously expensive because Sony just HAS to have insane parts (8 gigs of GDDR5 RAM what the hell), Microsoft is steadily digging towards the Earth's core in search of a proper grave for the Xbone, WiiU just plain doesn't have anything that interests me. I am excited for a few upcoming current-gen games, to varying degrees.

The Last of Us is coming out in like a week. Survival horror-ish kind of game by the developers of Jak and Daxter and Uncharted, both of which I really enjoyed. Am considerably excited for it.

Tales of Xillia is being localized in early August. If they had just kept Graces' battle system and improved on it, I would be incredibly excited for the game. But everything I've seen and heard of the battle system seems like a massive downgrade. I'm not even sure if I'll pick it up, it's a really big letdown to me. Not helped by...

Saints Row 4, August 20th. Please take all my money Volition

Re:

ImmortalBirdcage said:
i've played the first 3 professory layton games and the music is amazinggggg. the art is kinda base-breaking for some people, but it's charming and it'll grow on you. the puzzles are difficult, but it's fun - the ones you need to solve in order to progress through the plot are actually pretty simple lol

also OLD PHOENIX. idk, it kinda feels like they're milking ace attorney with this (i don't like how the new charas look/redesigns/etc), but the animation's pretty fantastic and so is the promo music. but they're gonna milk it successfully because i'm still gonna get it when it comes out :ohoho: :blood: have you watched the ace attorney live-action movie?

I'll definitely give the Professor Layton games a try :)

Yes Old Phoenix lol. It does feel like they're milking the franchise. I'm not liking his new sidekick, I'm gonna miss Maya :( But I'm atleast happy a new game is coming out! I'm saving up for a 3DS so I can buy it lol.

No, I haven't watched the movie yet. It's on youtube but I haven't seen it yet. I need to get on that lol. How is it? It looks pretty funny by the trailers I've seen.

Fetucine said:
E3 is next week, pretty excited for that (not for news, but because it's the Eurovision of gaming at this point). Next gen doesn't appeal to me at all;PS4 is going to be ridiculously expensive because Sony just HAS to have insane parts (8 gigs of GDDR5 RAM what the hell), Microsoft is steadily digging towards the Earth's core in search of a proper grave for the Xbone, WiiU just plain doesn't have anything that interests me. I am excited for a few upcoming current-gen games, to varying degrees.

Suprisingly the PS4 is considerably cheaper than the Xbox1. I honestly thought they would have made it around $500 like the new Xbox console but for $399 that's not a bad price. And Sony made sure to rub that in Microsoft's face as well as the fact of it can be used offline and will be able to play used games.

A few games I'm looking forward for are Watch Dogs, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Infamous Second Son, MGSV, Assassin's Creed IV (although I wasn't too fond of the gameplay trailer)

Fetucine said:
The Last of Us is coming out in like a week. Survival horror-ish kind of game by the developers of Jak and Daxter and Uncharted, both of which I really enjoyed. Am considerably excited for it.

I just picked up my copy after class today XD The reviews have been outstanding for this game so far, I'm pretty sure it's going to be game of the year!

hahaha nobody likes the xbox one it can go die in a hole(@Fetucine, somehow the name Xbone makes me laugh a lot lol)

Paninya said:
I'll definitely give the Professor Layton games a try :)

oh, you really should! just today at my local GameStops i found Miracle Mask for $20USD new, $18USD used... i'm debating whether to get it, though, because 1. i haven't played the Last Spectre yet, and 2. i am severely lacking in spending money OTL i definitely know i want to get AA5 in the fall and Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2, but i'm actually saving up so i can finally order an After Eden album and Consolation album...

ugh choices :cry:

Bought Dragon's Crown for PS3. It's pretty fun so far.

If anyone else bought it, let's play together :sparkleguy:

anybody who likes to PC game, check this out!

https://www.humblebundle.com/

you can set the price yourself because of charity, so you can actually only pay like $1USD for 5 great classic games! :love: i'm not sure if this is available for those outside of the US though, but good luck! :bow:

steam and capcom are working together to bring us a 30th anniversary sale ;A; :touched: :stars: link: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Capcom30Year

speaking of capcom, is anybody else getting the new phoenix wright (on the 3DS)? :confu: i'm definitely buying it, but i wish it wasn't only avalaible here by digital copy... :TdT:

Speaking of games Pokemon X and Y are out and the graphics are finally how they were supposed to be - Pokemon gale of darkness quality - I will buy one of the 2 soon :dote: :dote:

^yep I saw them earlier today :nosebleed: But I didn't buy any version. The saleslady, however, told me that more people bought Pokemon X than Y, maybe because of the black Charizard?

Since X and Y were confirmed to be of the spatial coordinates (X, Y, Z), I might wait for the Z version :dote:

ANyways... finally bought my own copy of Rune Factory 4!!

But the game won't play unless the firmware's update to version 5.1.0-10U!!! Dang! We don't have a wifi, thats why :'(

SO heartbroken right now... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back