The positive Kajiura thread

Anyway I can't get over how good Will is from the Pandora Hearts soundtrack :dote: Not only does it fit the theme really well, it's a great song in its own right
Oh yes!!! I downloaded the sheet music (which needed fixing), adapted it for the flute (mostly just yanking out the violin parts, lol), and gave it to my teacher so we could study it in the lesson. Then I ended up playing it with a friend of mine on the piano as a duet, and even sending it to another pianist friend of mine. :) Eventually I gave the mp3 to my fiancé (because his computer is connected to the good speakers) and he often plays it when we're working next to each other. :)

Then I ended up playing it with a friend of mine on the piano as a duet, and even sending it to another pianist friend of mine. :)
If you don't mind could you DM me the piano sheet music? I've been wanting to learn Will for a while but haven't found good sheet music :ayashii:

If you don't mind could you DM me the piano sheet music? I've been wanting to learn Will for a while but haven't found good sheet music :ayashii:
Here it is :spotlight: There's a problem, however: I only fixed the melody in the flute part (which includes the intro and outro, which I normally don't play, I mostly included them for reference/timekeeping purposes). The piano part still has several mistakes in the melody, so you can look at the flute part for reference. Also there might be more mistakes, so if you notice something (or even if you can take the time to merge the two files into one), please let me know! :bow:

EDIT: The sheet music is downloaded from some link or another in the CPM site, but it was still wrong (it was jumping to the wrong scale!), and that might be about the only thing that I fixed :spotlight:

Just came back from Japan. My new treasures: :sohappy:
20180919_134639[1].jpg

Also, visited a store in Akihabara and took a precious photo of this (Kimi no gin no Niwa release) :love:
20180917_182800[1].jpg

YK's music has had deep originality. It has no gender as it were and it carries a huge array of different emotions and states. Some music is metal and some so cold and dark that even most metal bands feel warm. Other music, in contrast, is very warm and romantic, tender even.

This may be less true for the more recent OSTs I know. But in her older work, it feels as if one jumped into a different universe.

If someone disagrees that's fine, in that case I would enjoy to acquaint myself with a group or artist that sounds close to YK of the "golden era" (the 2000s). As it stands, the golden era YK does her magic like no other and I'm very surprised she hasn't been awarded for this work (to my knowledge).

I know exactly what you mean. : )
Stopped listening to her music a while ago. Not particularly avoided her, but stopped spending time to listen music in general.

Some months ago there was a Youtube suggestion (something totally out of context weirdly).. and it was a YK Live video... the 2nd one from 2008.

I started listening in the background at work via headphones while working.. and soon the background listening changed to foreground.. I had to SEE who's singing, who's there.. whom those voices belong to and.. see how much FUN they had singing together... how well their voices fit together, and so on *___*

Soo the Yukiness got re-ignited.. exceptionally hard this time.. got a new piano and started playing since then.. getting better by the day..
Too bad for my other hobbies.. :> - YK and the piano takes up 100% of my free time since then.. led up to me looking for piano scores, and found THIS amazing project here. - Unfortunately the inofficial source for piano scores for YK's "Dreamscape" is no longer available. :o - Looking for them currently.. might import the Tsubasa Chronicle piano score book, which appears to be the only official source(?!).

Joined the forums at Canta-per-me.net, to meet up with people who can understand my [ obsession ]. : )

Cif

Back