Special events for Harmony Fanclub

KAZE NO MACHI E

OH MY GOD THEY'RE DOING FICTIONJUNCTION SONGS i wonder what they did during the kajiuriago in that song

INTERLUDE 02!!!

YANE NO MUKOU NI!!

RM AND HR

THIS IS AN AWESOME SETLIST

(tbh I bet ARIA was a disaster unfortunately)

@Westkana why would you expect ARIA to be bad?

bcs Hikaru can't sing anymore...i mean they had to sing ARIA one key lower earlier this year (or was it last year?) and being sung solo, there'd be no harmonies to kinda "conceal" Hikaru's mess (if she messed up)... i mean like Kajiura doesn't even allow her to go higher than A4 anymore what would you expect from ARIA chorus that goes higher than that, not too mention the last ARIA bootleg from Mexico is nothing more than utter disaster and 9+one recorded audio showed that Hikaru hadn't improved at all

and im so glad for sapphire they hadn't sung that song like since 2010 i think? i feel that the last time they performed sapphire was in their Red Moon 2010 tour...

bcs Hikaru can't sing anymore...i mean they had to sing ARIA one key lower earlier this year (or was it last year?) and being sung solo, there'd be no harmonies to kinda "conceal" Hikaru's mess (if she messed up)... i mean like Kajiura doesn't even allow her to go higher than A4 anymore what would you expect from ARIA chorus that goes higher than that, not too mention the last ARIA bootleg from Mexico is nothing more than utter disaster and 9+one recorded audio showed that Hikaru hadn't improved at all
Yup.

Maybe it was a different arrangement of ARIA though, like they did for blaze. I would think that a slower version with piano she could do. It would be kind of cool. I love the song, I do agree she can't perform it well live, but she does try her hardest. Kind of like the sprinter in the Arena (I think?) version. I kind of liked that. She put a lot of emotion into it, it almost seemed like she was about to cry. She does great though with other performances like Blaze, One Light (which I don't care for but a couple of the lives she did really well) and others. Anyways, I think Yuki said in the interview of why she joined was she was shy at first but then really grew to fit the group. She has been given pointers by Yuki, so I am sure she's working on her with the songs as well. She does have an amazing voice, when sounding great.

But yeah, sapphire. I covered it on the violin... so I listened to it over and over, but I would have loved to see this live. Is there anyone who went? Musunde... ah I love that song. Into the world would have been neat too.

Enjoying food and beverages while listening to KAZE NO MACHI E?!

Is This a Tsubasa Chronicles Reference?

Red Moon... Yane no Mukou ni... Musunde Hiraku... Aria... Kimi ga Hikari ni...

ALLELUIA? Hoo boy, this sounds like the greatest damned meal of all time. Wish I was there. :)

A live report translated by the lovely Sarah: https://putschki1969.tumblr.com/post/165146069201/detailed-report-of-kalafinaharmony-premium-live

The whole live lasted about an hour and a half. When you arrived two people led you to your table and you were served a special drink called “Alleluia” (you could choose between alcoholic and non-alcoholic). For food they later served roast beef with French fries and bruschetta, according to fans, the portion sizes were pretty big.
tumblr_inline_ow0aso4b0m1rtsxtr_500.jpg

Right from the start all you could see on stage was the grand piano (since it would only be Sakurada and the girls).
tumblr_inline_ow0b67SuAH1rtsxtr_500.jpg

Apparently they wore the outfits which they also wore for their Harmony Magazine photo shoot

Sakurada and the girls came on stage on time and started with 『Hyakka Ryouran』 which sounded even more dramatic with the new arrangement.

During the following MC the girls asked if the food tasted good and that they themselves haven’t eaten yet but they will surely try it afterwards. Keiko also said that it has been a long time since they last performed before so few people (there were around 300 people at the Billboard Live).

Hikaru introduced the next song as being very nostalgic but for this special occasion they wanted to sing it.

『sapphire』 has definitely the perfect arrangement for a live like this. Next up was 『red moon』. The girls were very nervous about this since the song had to be changed quite a lot to fit the atmosphere of a Billboard Live. The “dark fantasy” theme had to be arranged in a simple manner for the piano accompaniment and they had to put a lot more effort into their vocals. According to fans it was an awesome performance that was still incredibly epic even though it was such a simple arrangement.

Then Keiko went on to talk about how it is still very warm in Osaka even though it’s already September and summer is officially over. During this live they wanna create one last precious memory of summer.
This is how it happened => Keiko was like, “You see the number on your desk, right? Try to feel around below your desk right where that number is! Is there someone who has an envelope sticking to the table?” (That person raised their hand) Keiko: ”Please open it. It’s a love letter *laughs*”
Hikaru then explained that there were three summer themed songs written on the paper => Yane no Mukou ni, Natsu no Ringo, Natsu no Asa. The fan got to choose between those three and decided on 『Yane no Mukou ni』.

Next up was 『Musunde Hiraku』 which was a very bright and “sparkling“ performance according to the live report. 『monochrome』 was apparently one of their BEST and sexiest performances of the evening. The arrangement was very jazz-y and there was a lot of HiKei skinship.

After the next MC it was time for Wakana’s solo. A chair and a table were put on stage for Wakana. Wakana said they thought a lot about what they could do for this special premium live. They decided to include some solo performances. She said it was their first time ever performing solo at a Kalafina live so she was super nervous. Wakana then went on to explain, “We debuted with our single 『oblivious』 which was made for the anime 「Kara no Kyoukai」. There were three songs on that single and then our next release was a single called 『re/oblivious』 which included remixed versions of the songs from our previous single, among them was a song called 『Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku~acoustic version』. It’s been 9 ½ years since that release, maybe there are even people here who don’t know of the existence of that song. I have decided to pick this song for my solo performance. Back then when the single was released I couldn’t have imagined such things at all *laughs* Being able to stand here in front of you at a Billboard Live, holding fan club events, that’s why I would like to sing this song right now together with Sakurada-san.”

Seems like Wakana’s performance was mind-blowing. There’s nothing but praise for her vocals and people were crying like little babies.

After another MC it was Hikaru’s turn for her solo performance. She says she had to pick 『ARIA』 because it was the first song she sang working together with Kajiura Yuki so it has a special place in her heart. That’s when Hikaru started being very open and honest about her voice. She is aware that her voice from back then is probably not coming back but for her it doesn’t matter because in these past nine years she has experienced so much happiness, her voice has gone through so many changes, it’s inevitable that her voice would be different. The 『ARIA』 which she is going to sing now is the one she can convey with her current abilities. Fans were very relieved that Hikaru seemed to be taking it all in stride, that she confidently announced she would be singing the song with her current singing voice.
This was another tear-inducing and touching performance, fans were very impressed.

In the MC that followed Hikaru explained that for the first time it really felt like she was singing an “aria” (since the literal meaning of “aria” is “vocal solo”). Before, she was always singing it with the other two members on stage but today she was all by herself, she truly felt a sense of loneliness.

Keiko’s turn, “My first time working together with both Wakana and Hikaru was during 「Kara no Kyoukai」 but my first time working together with Kajiura Yuki-san was when I sang 『Kaze no Machi e』 as FictionJunctionKEIKO.” Seems like this performance sounded completely different from previous performances as well as the studio performance. Keiko’s singing was a lot more expressive and the song generally felt like it had a lot more depth to it. Keiko’s voice was quite intoxicating.

In the following MC Keiko explains, “I know of course that this isn’t a Kalafina song and even though this is a Kalafina Fan Club event I decided to sing 『Kaze no Machi e』. I even discussed this with Kajiura-san and she told me that no matter when or where I wanted to sing this, it would make her very happy. For me there’s a lot of sadness and sorrow associated with this song so I was worried whether or not I should sing it during the event but then Kajiura-san told me if singing makes me feel sadness then that’s not a bad thing, it’s an honest feeling and that’s what singing is about. When singing as a member of Kalafina, it is hard to just be »myself« since we all have our assigned parts but today I wanna become »myself« and I want to sing this song for all of »you«.”

After this they all returned to the stage and talked a little about their impressions regarding their solo lives. They found it really fascinating to watch each other from the back. They ended their show with an encore block. First they sang 『oblivious』 which had a very fresh arrangement with a cappella parts. Next up were 『interlude』 and 『sprinter』. I guess 『sprinter』 was probably a lot like their Arena Live performance. Fans were once again reduced to tears. There was another HiKei moment at the end of the song when they looked at each other and a lot of emotions got conveyed between them.

Last but not least, 『Alleluia』. For most fans it was the perfect song to end this premium live. To celebrate that final song, they decided to name their special cocktail “Alleluia“.

Cant press "like" dunno why. But thank you for this ^_^ (and putschuki too). I assume that since Hikaru is aware of her voice change, than Wakana is too. Really want to hear these solos now, it'd be interesting. Also these foods look delicious. :D

Aww, I'm sad I missed out on this. That setlist is super good, and I'm glad they're bringing back the real oldies. Hopefully they'll start performing solo more often so we'll have a chance to hear it, as I'm really curious

I honestly don't mind people sharing my stuff, after all, I am doing what I am doing to share my love for Kalafina with other fans.
However, I'd prefer if you just linked to my posts. This way, people will actually check out my blog (which I think they should!), plus, they will be able to read the entire report, including the personal notes I added.

On a random side note:
@ritardando: I'd appreciate if you stopped referring to me as "someone on tumblr". I have seen you do that a lot on various threads in the past. If you feel the need to be a lurker on my tumblr, that's fine but getting all the info from my blog to then post it here acting as if you got it from some lowlife stupid tumblr fan is not okay. I've been working VERY hard to make my blog one of the most reliable and most up-to-date Kalafina sources out there and I'd appreciate if it got treated as such.

@george1234 I know. And I very much appreciate that (thank you @magicmagiamahou) since many people don't even do that but that's not what I meant =>

"However, I'd prefer if you JUST linked to my posts."

Emphasis on the "just", as in, I'd prefer if people ONLY linked to my posts instead of pasting the whole thing here (although I guess technically speaking, it's not even the whole thing since all my personal notes were removed).

@putschki1969 the problem is that my source isn't even your tumblr as i looked at it through the Kalafina tag. it's from someone who reblog a post from someone and i didn't pay attention to the source as the 1st time i looked at it, i was just scrolling my tumblr dashboard down. then i opened this forum and no one posted about this so i went through the kalafina tag just to find it. iirc it was @HimeWakana's reblog. sorry if that was your tumblr who was the 1st source. And looking at how most people here aren't familiar with tumblr i thought i'd just rather post the whole setlist down.

i'll kindly unfollow you on my tumblr and block Kalafina tag as to avoid any more dramas.

However, I'd prefer if you just linked to my posts. This way, people will actually check out my blog (which I think they should!), plus, they will be able to read the entire report, including the personal notes I added.

If you have the time, can you post links to similar posts on this forum? It's appreciated for those who don't use Tumblr (or necessarily any other social networks) or people like me whose Nihongo is still just above non-existent.

HIKARU AND HER "ARIA". WHAT BEAUTIFUL MEANING. OMG. SO DEEP. SHES AN AMAZING ARTIST. And that was so respectable of her to have come out in the open to say that. I'm very very impressed.

Edit: in case anyone wants to refer to a previous forum post where I said "that bitch can't sing", I just want to clarify that I do not think she's a bitch, and that I was merely trying to stir shit with George, okay?? I admittedly thought her vocals were going down hill, but after reading about this, I have newfound respect for HIKARU and her new voice.

I'm glad it seems they really enjoyed this live! It seems like they really wanted to be themselves, with all their emotions pouring out in the music. And I'm glad Hikaru has said something about her voice. Though it's sad that her voice from back in the old days is probably not coming back, I'm glad she's at least saying something about and not pretending like everything's all fine and dandy. I probably would've been crying my eyes out during this entire live- not just because of all the new, emotional arrangements, but also because of how raw they were being with their feelings (even if I couldn't understand it). I'm really jealous of everyone who was able to attend it :comeback:

also I really really want to hear what they did during ARIA because it seems like the arrangement was a lot different

@ritardando I really don't mind setlists being posted here, it's just a setlist. My comment was about you always referring to me as "some random tumblr user" (and you have done that on at least two other occasions in the past if I remember correctly). If you have been on tumblr for a while (and have been following me), it shouldn't have been too hard to notice that about 90 percent of Kalafina stuff gets posted by me. Also, it doesn't take rocket science to check out the source of a tumblr reblog.
And even if something got posted by someone else, that person also deserves to be credited. Just because we are posting on tumblr and so many of you are "not familiar" with that page, doesn't mean we are lesser fans than the ones here on cpm. I am aware that tumblr doesn't have the best image, it's all about drama, SJW stuff and tbh, I tend not to trust the info that's posted on there since it's barely reliable BUT having said all that, this is certainly NOT the case when it comes to the Kalafina fandom on tumblr, especially not my blog, I update fast, I always add sources and my news are always properly researched and very reliable so it would be nice if that were acknowledged here.

@Kugayama I am putting a lot of effort into my blog so my main goal is to get more people to check it out, I hope that makes sense. I honestly believe that every Kalafina fan would enjoy my content and it's 100% worth the trouble of registering (although techincally, I guess you don't even need an account to check out my blog).
I don't think I myself will be posting all too many links here since I am usually not on this forum (some of you might know this but I don't particularly enjoy the negativity here. There are people who can deal with that but I am not one of them...)
I do however check out threads occasionally and today I happened to notice that my translated report was pasted here so I felt the need to voice my opinion on this matter. Like I mentioned, I honestly don't mind links to my posts being shared here and I don't care if you copy/paste smaller stuff either but it's different with bigger posts. Yes, I DO want the things I post to reach as many people as possible and I wanna share my Kalafina love with fellow fans. But at the same time I'd also like my blog to get some well-deserved recognition.

Back