Sound Horizon & Linked Horizon

So i listened to the new album that's out for Attack on Titan S2 and its a recycle of Guren no Yumiya melody (and even lyrics, at parts), but i dont hate it nor i find it as good as nein and moira and back works. Big shame he couldnt come up with some new good melodies after a whole year of hiatus. Reminds me of Kajiura who keeps rearranging Swordland during the whole duration of SAO anime series.

P.S: The non-revo sung songs are better.

So i listened to the new album that's out for Attack on Titan S2 and its a recycle of Guren no Yumiya melody (and even lyrics, at parts), but i dont hate it nor i find it as good as nein and moira and back works. Big shame he couldnt come up with some new good melodies after a whole year of hiatus. Reminds me of Kajiura who keeps rearranging Swordland during the whole duration of SAO anime series.

P.S: The non-revo sung songs are better.

Listened to it as well, completely agree that the new music isn't really "new"; perhaps they did it to maintain the AoT feels of the first season since it had such huge and unexpected success, but it would have been nice to have something less recycled for the second one.

For my part, I have now the AoT S2 opening as alarm clock in the morning. Waking up is a blast :P

I'm just amazed by how a thread could go on for 10 years. Applause.

It takes some special circumstances to discover music from Japan and it's great when the artists are still performing and releasing new material (and even replying to tweets in English).

I hadn't seen the titles of the single tracks for the Attack on Titan S2 soundtrack yet, just listened to the music. Since I really liked the remix of Vogel im Käfig, especially the last minute of it, I looked up its new name to find it more easily, and well, it's literally, "YouSeeBIGGIRL".
Now I really want to know whose idea it was...

I hadn't seen the titles of the single tracks for the Attack on Titan S2 soundtrack yet, just listened to the music. Since I really liked the remix of Vogel im Käfig, especially the last minute of it, I looked up its new name to find it more easily, and well, it's literally, "YouSeeBIGGIRL".
Now I really want to know whose idea it was...
I think the BGM you're referring to might be called T:T. Sawano's OSTs usually have multiple BGMs on a single track. Then again, it might not be a seperate name. v( '')v Of course this doesn't change the fact that his track names are always ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
@grunty Thank you, you're completely right, I hadn't noticed that the segment I was interested in was listed as T:T as well. I'm not sure if that's an improvement in the name though, honestly... I don't understand the switch from the seriousness of "Vogel im Käfig" (Bird in the cage), The Reluctant Heroes, Counterattack Mankind, and so on to some of the names of the BGM in S2 of AoT.
They've had four years for the new anime - the animation was extremely inconsistent and they only did 12 episodes, but I was hoping that at least for the music they would make an effort. :(

EDIT: I apologize for the off-topic.

http://news.ponycanyon.co.jp/2017/07/20324

Linked Horizon、過去最大規模のツアー開幕!初日ライブ映像を一部公開

2017/7/10 14:29 by Pony Canyon NewsMUSIC

revo_artistphoto_200_small-435x580.jpg

Linked Horizonが5月にリリースした2ndアルバム「進撃の軌跡」を引っ提げた過去最大規模のライブツアーが、7月8日に千葉・市原市市民会館大ホールにて幕を開けた。その開幕を記念して、初日の会場の様子やライブ映像がポニーキャニオンYouTubeチャンネルに公開された。

「Linked Horizon Live Tour 2017 『進撃の軌跡』」と題された今回のツアーは、TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」の歴代オープニング主題歌5曲を収録した最新アルバムの内容に加え、2013年に発売されたシングル「自由への進撃」に収録されている「もしこの壁の中が一軒の家だとしたら」もセットリストに組み込まれ、全編を通して同アニメの映像ともに楽しめる内容となっている。
また、Linked Horizon名義の過去の楽曲や同プロジェクトを主宰するサウンドクリエーター・Revoのオリジナルプロジェクト「Sound Horizon」の楽曲など、日替わりの演目も多数用意されているとのことで、最後まで目が離せない。

同ツアーは、この7月10日・11日には東京国際フォーラム ホールAにて東京公演を迎える。

■ライブ映像
Linked Horizon Live Tour 2017『進撃の軌跡』7/8ライブ映像
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC8n76OnH5U

リリース情報
2017年5月17日発売
Linked Horizon 2nd Album「進撃の軌跡」

lh_h1_shokai_200-320x320.jpg

初回限定盤

lh_h1_Tsujo_200-320x320.jpg

通常盤

●初回限定盤 (CD+Blu-ray)
PCCA-04539 linked-horizon.com/
Linked Horizon公式Twitter
twitter.com/L_Horizon_info
Linked Horizon/Sound Horizon公式Facebook
www.facebook.com/slhorizon/
TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season2公式HP
shingeki.tv/season2/
TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」公式Twitter
twitter.com/anime_shingeki

I've been listening to a bunch of SH stuff on YT recently, and wanted to know what you guys say is their best album, story or music wise. I've already listened through Moira & Nein, and both were really good (Nein > Moira imo).

Also, Joelle's voice is freaking AMAZING, I get shivers eveytime I listen to her "Elisabeth...." line in "The Crucified Saint" from Marchen (I think), or "The Beast of the Endless" (idk what album that is from)

If you thought Nein was better than Moira then I don't think my opinion would matter. There's not that much major stuff left so you can just listen to everything.

Edit: While I'm here, might as well send some love to MIKI for OWNING a track that's not hers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu18u5BUSO0

As expected, the concert was (almost entirely) Attack on Titan material.

Anime was displayed on multiple screens that covered most of the stage. Besides Revo there were 2 guitarists, bass, drums, percussion, 5 female vocalists, keyboards, a 9 piece strings section and dancers.

After the Attack on Titan material,

MANAMI sang a Sound Horizon song that included her playing harmonica; and

from Bravely Default was the song with chorus lines ending with "fire".

EDIT - set list at http://www.horizon-wiki.com/stage:live-tour-2017-shingeki-no-kiseki (included 美しきもの from Roman and 純愛♡
:heart:
十字砲火).

Last edited:
Back