Small Things You Notice in Kajuira / Kalafina lives

Honestly speaking, I blame Kalafina for Yuki's decline in her composing side.

Her OST started becoming a bit better once Kalafina's music started becoming stale.

But that's just me, judging by the chronology of Yuki's music

Honestly speaking, I blame Kalafina for Yuki's decline in her composing side.

Her OST started becoming a bit better once Kalafina's music started becoming stale.

But that's just me, judging by the chronology of Yuki's music

interesting
any facts you can show us?
i'm not really following the chronology

@Terry Tsurugi
Live Staff & Support Members
Guitar: 結城"Yuki"雅彦
Bass: 野崎森男
Drums: 野崎真助
Keyboards: 佐藤達哉
Violin: 皆川真里奈
Manipulator: 大平佳男

General Direction: 梶浦由記

Live at Shibuya O-WEST, 2009.5.19

There's a lot more for staff but fuck going through it... I guess the most important thing is that the live audio on DVD was mixed by Yoshio Ohira (the manipulator) rather than Takashi Koiwa, lolz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Grunty. As far as I can tell searching through CPM, that’s Yuki Masahiko’s only involvement with Kalafina/YK. Too bad. Wonder what the rest of that show was like.

I wish they had stuck around longer. I know the drummer did some of the earlier FJ lives too. The drummer and guitarist sound a little tighter and snappier to me than Koichi and Kyoichi. I also like the guitarist who did the first AX appearance with Emily.

I wish they had stuck around longer. I know the drummer did some of the earlier FJ lives too. The drummer and guitarist sound a little tighter and snappier to me than Koichi and Kyoichi. I also like the guitarist who did the first AX appearance with Emily.

I was a big advocate for more Masuke Nozaki on YKL and Kalafina lives but iirc the last songs he recorded for Kajiura was for Madoka movie 3 and Hanataba&Door from Kalafina's Consolation album. So sad. His drumming is much more alive than Kyoichi Sato's standard "the sole purpose of drum is to keep the beat of the song".

The guitarist for Kajiura AX 2003 live was Susumu Nishikawa. I like him, but I like Korenaga as well. His guitar playing is very different from Korenaga and both are very recognizable. His last collaboration with Kajiura was even older than Masuke Nozaki's. Which is sad.

I've said this tons of times before but I really wish Kajiura starts using different musicians again like she used to did before. Since 2013 she only used FBM members for all of her projects.

I have to agree with Ritardando about the drummers. I think Kyoichi is a good drummer, but Masuke seems a little more subtle, dynamic, and agile.

I also think Koichi is an excellent guitarist, and it amazes me as someone who used to mess around with the guitar how many different songs and styles he has to learn for these marathon lives. However, his timing seems just slightly loose, and I don’t think most of his solos add much to the songs, especially live. That actually might be more Yuki’s fault for not giving him adequate direction. I think she should compose the guitar solos to make sure they integrate melodically with the rest of the songs (although some of the solos do that, like I Swear).

Back