Seiyuu talk

Digging up the threads here... I liked most of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya voice cast, and liked seeing some voice actors on the Animelo Summer Live videos and at Animelo Summer Live 2011.

I haven't (yet) been re-watching anime with original Japanese soundtracks and dubs, so I don't know many of the voice actors yet.

A related question might be which anime are most outstanding with the Japanese voice actors rather than English language voice actors?

Kugayama said:
A related question might be which anime are most outstanding with the Japanese voice actors rather than English language voice actors?

^ I would answer "Almost all" since most companies that dub the japanese anime into english choose cheap actors/tresses or dont find actors that fit the anime characters and are close to the original japanese voices. There are too few ewxception to this unfortunately.

oooh interesting thread...

Hmmm...well my fav male seiyuus that come to mind immediately are Daisuke Ono and Jun Fukuyama :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

Female, there's many...let's see:
Miyuki Sawashiro (her voice is sooo nice~~) :shy:
Chiwa Saito (senjougahara!) :sohappy:
Ohara Sayaka (purely cos of beatrice XD) :ohoho:
Sakamoto Maaya
Ayako Kawasumi - Saber, Alice from PH, and Hime from Kaibutsu Oujo :stars:

...there are probably more but I can't think of them right now...

Well I find that apart from things like Yugioh and Pokemon (cos I watched them with eng dubs since i was a little kid so I guess I'm used to them) I prefer watching anime with the original Japanese voices...I don't know why but English dubs often sound REALLY cheesy/cringeworthy to me (e.g. when i saw I saw Vampire Knight, Kuroshitsuji, Fullmetal Alchemist english dubs on tv here I just couldn't watch it seriously XD)...

Re:

george1234 said:
Kugayama said:

^ I would answer "Almost all"
+1

My favorite seiyuus are Maaya Sakamoto, Romi PArk, Jun Fukuyama, based on versatility it would be Kotono Mitsuishi. kyaaah! :nosebleed: :shy:

- Maaya Sakamoto
- Kenichi Suzumura
- Mamoru Miyano
- Jun Fukuyama
- Aya Hisakawa
- Megumi Hayashibara
- Mitsuishi Kotono
- Toru Furuya

Will probably edit this.

mine :
Daisuke Namikawa - I just love his voice, his voice sounds so charming and sometimes flirtatious, but when I look at his face...no wonder he became a seiyuu :ohoho:

Yuuka Nanri - I love her role as Henrietta in Gunslinger Girl

Maaya Sakamoto - my favourite female seiyuu. First know her as Lunamaria Hawke in GSD. Lunamaria is my favourite female char in GSD because I HATE Lacus.

Jun Fukuyama - same like Daisuke Namikawa

don't really like seiyuu with too cute voice, especially female seiyuus for example like those K-On seiyuu. I hate K-On as well, though.

I forgot to add, I love Nanri's role as Yuuki Nao in Mai Hime.

Back