Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST 3

My copy arrived today!:sohappy:
So here are little gifts to all quality junkies!
:sparkleguy:
:goodjob:

Pretty nice OST but it didn't really overwhelm me... I like the new KnK OST much more than this one. There are many good tracks but none of them really stick out IMO.
I think though the storia TV ver. is pretty interesting to listen in comparison with the full version because you constantly think to know how the song goes on but then...:@_@::ohoho:

Also I didn't expect a Yume no Daichi related track (my land) given that there are no "symphoniaesque" tracks.

If I had to rate the RHH albums it would be 1-2-3... sadly :uh..:

^tbh I listen to storia tv ver just for the Hikaru kajiurago at the end :ohoho: :punched:

You're welcome!:V:

Kowz said:
A door to the past also has the melody from YnD.

You're right!:fwa: How could I miss that!:omg: I'm ashamed...:spotlight:
It sounds very diffrent with this harmonisation. Pretty cool though.

However, my favorite track is probably make up your mind.

@grunty

I'm also a lossless junkie!:groucho:

You know... after listening to the whole album I think I have a greater appreciation for Yume no daichi. I don't think I ever hated it or anything (2lazy to search the board :p) but somehow it really works for me on this CD.

a little review of my own.. (it's been a while)

forgotten stories sounds like bitter from xenosaga2 which i like very much. #2 reminds me of lamentation (again from xenosaga2) again i love this track.

no feelings for rising up. it could have continued with traditional japanese chorus like voices(e.g. Kenji Kawai's ghost in the shell) plus remi and wakana. tradition beautifully shows up in dancing in the age of war!

make your resolution is nice. perhaps i have said this earlier that the motif or whatever you call it between 0:55-0:57 is used all too often albeit short (this appears in many songs-not particularly annoying but must be used sparingly imo).

a door to the past is great and relaxing! I also find tidbit very relaxing (wonderful flute+piano combo).
make up your mind and fight it out present a feeling of conflict well.

data-war is also a nice combo of strings and flute! so is progress i think. my land sounds generic but i always welcome this kind of lovely uplifting track :) what she has left is a nice ending to the cd if you don't count YnD for which I don't feel much but it's ok i guess.

^Yes, thank you. I've been trying to figure out what fs sounds like, since I don't think it sounds very much like the place of eternity. Jut a little maybe, but it sounds more like the Xenosaga songs.

And thanks for posting a better quality version. sorry again, I tried. At least someone could.

Thanks Liana&Surgam for sharing. I guess I'm another one who found that 'forgotten stories' is kind of Xenosaga-ish. So surprised that 'rising up' isn't by Eri. It has an interesting style though. Love the melodies in 'make your resolution' and 'you are here'. Not much appreciated with 'a door to the past'. I like 'dancing in the age of war' more than the previous track with similar title. It's interesting for me. 'data-war' has nice string&flute melody and quite different from what I expected. It's quite Tsubasa-ish for me. 'deadlock ' is really nice&creepy and reminds me of a track in SAO. I like 'my land' much more than Yume no Daichi...:P.

For me, 1=2>3.

Mmm, I don't really hear any similarities between Forgotten Stories and Bitter (or Xenosaga in general) other than they're Kajiura tracks with vocals by Yuriko.
In fact, I agree with grunty that it has a similar feel with The place of eternity. Both tracks have this "ancient" or "mystical" sound.

^I guess just the vocal part really sounds similar to me.

And I love deadlock so much. It's like creepy, but not too creepy. heh It gives me chills each time I listen. (And I think the track you are thinking of Kagaribi is she is still sleeping, the piano kind of sounds similar.

Listening to Bitter again, I think I heard the similarity you guys heard. It's when Yuriko sings "Sama i yeme, sama i note...", right?

i suppose. i didn't really think about it that much it just felt like it.
i am literally abusing rhh osts (right now frenetic:hanae+that beautiful subtle violin) if i had to rank them i'd go with 1>3>2.

And I love deadlock so much. It's like creepy, but not too creepy. heh It gives me chills each time I listen. (And I think the track you are thinking of Kagaribi is she is still sleeping, the piano kind of sounds similar.
In fact, I think of the beginning part of 'left in suspense' (before it gets faster) and 'at our parting' in term of the atmosphere (not that much though XD.) But when you mentioned 'she is still sleeping', I also feel some simiarity :D.

I think that the NHK web page may have been updated earlier this year:

http://www.nhk.or.jp/historia/cast/composer.html

トップ
pannavi.gif
作曲家
オープニング・テーマ「storia」について
新しいオープニングテーマは、すでに市販されている『歴史秘話ヒストリア オリジナルサウンドトラック2』(下記参照)に収録されている「storia(ストーリア)」を番組用にアレンジしたものです。ボーカルは、Kalafina(カラフィナ)。

新エンディング・テーマ「far on the water」について
平成27年4月1日放送回より流れている新エンディング・テーマ「far on the water」は、この番組のために書き下ろされた曲です。
ボーカルは、オープニングと同じくKalafina(カラフィナ)。

cast_kalafina_img.jpg
左:Hikaru 中央:Keiko 右:Wakana
cast_kalafina_n.gif

Kalafinaとは?
「歴史秘話ヒストリア」音楽担当・梶浦由記がプロデュースする3人組のボーカルユニット。2008年1月、映画・劇場版「空の境界」の主題歌「oblivious」でデビュー。2009年7月には、「歴史秘話ヒストリア」オープニング・テーマのカバー曲「storia」をリリース。これまで8枚のシングルと2枚のアルバムを発売。東京・名古屋・大阪をはじめ、ボストン、香港、上海など海外でもライブを行い、観客動員数を伸ばし続けている。Wakana、Keiko、Hikaruの3人が織りなす繊細かつ美しいハーモニーで、日本のミュージック・シーンに希有な存在として、現在注目されている。
番組オリジナルサウンドトラックについて
当番組のサウンドトラックが3枚発売されています。

『歴史秘話ヒストリア オリジナルサウンドトラック』
音楽:梶浦由記
全28曲収録

『歴史秘話ヒストリア オリジナルサウンドトラック2』
全26曲収録

『歴史秘話ヒストリア オリジナルサウンドトラック3』
全21曲収録

totop.gif
cast_st2.gif

「歴史秘話ヒストリア」のメインテーマとなるオープニング、エンディングをはじめ、 メインモチーフとなる曲の数々は、作曲家・梶浦由記の書き下ろしです。

cast_kajiura_img.jpg
cast_kajiura_n.gif

作詞・作曲・編曲を手がけるマルチ音楽コンポーザー。映画・アニメ・ゲーム・舞台・TVなど幅広い音楽プロデュースを手がけ、独自の世界観を持つサウンドで、ワールドワイドに支持を集めています。

【発表作品】
アニメーション:「ツバサ・クロニクル」「真救世主伝説 北斗の拳」劇場版「空の境界」、映画:「アキレスと亀」(北野武監督)、TV:「NHKスペシャル世界里山紀行」ほか

totop.gif

Haha And yes, I was wondering about that too! It feels like it's been awhile since we had a RHH album, but not really.

Also Yuki looks kind of strange in that pic, or maybe it's just me? Still beautiful, just strange. heh

God I would love a new RHH OST, these CDs are some of her best work IMO. I am absolutely in love with frenetic, a long goodbye, rising up, Historia opening theme, where my story begins, homecoming, a door to the past, my land, and oh my God so many more on these CDs. She knocked it out of the ball park with this soundtrack series. I haven't even gotten the 2nd one yet, just 1 & 3... I"m "saving it." God I'm a Kajiura nut. >_<

Back