Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST 3

well, I ordered it today (+the first 2 OSTs) I don't think there are any more copies that will be shipped on the release date if you buy from CDJapan, though.

Mother of God. Tracks 3-4 minutes long? How often have we had those in post-Bee- Train era?

Yes its very rare, and i think that it happens with RHH because the director was actually fan of her music from before working with her - thus the reuse of bgms from older osts into the show too, (xeno , el cacazor de la bruja),- so he pretty much leaves her free to compose with the minimum of guidelines
See for more http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/yuki-kajiura-live-vol-10-kaji-fes.3867/page-22#post-229950

Last edited:
So wait, it won't get shipped early? Darn. I was hoping to get it early next week since I am going to the dentist and want something to keep my mind off the pain.

Gah I wish I could get the KnK movie! (hope to soon get that phone call about a job) But great that so much new music is coming out! Will hold us over until new Kalafina.

Liana_Ilia said:
So wait, it won't get shipped early? Darn. I was hoping to get it early next week since I am going to the dentist and want something to keep my mind off the pain.
no, it will, don't worry. I meant there aren't any more in stock that will be shipped so that you receive it on/before the release date.

^Okay, good. Really looking forward to this ost, so the earlier I get it the better.

Woohoo! Mine was shipped and will be here on Tues morning! (Hope I won't be in too much pain from the dentist so I can listen to it right away) :sohappy:

Last edited by a moderator:
www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00H2M7N54/

Samples. Sorry it's not the whole thing. ;)

Dat rising up. I'd say it's definitely sounding like a non-action BeeTrain soundtrack, for better and worse. forgotten stories melody makes me think of the place of eternity too much - just me?

Only one Remi track (and 3+1 vocal tracks?) going by the samples. I'm surprised.

thank you ! from the samples it sounds like an awesome soundtrack :sohappy::dote:

my favourite from the samples is probably "make your resolution" that violin! :love:

Last edited:
Thanks grunty.

I'd say it's definitely sounding like a non-action BeeTrain soundtrack

The sound effects and flute from some tracks remind me of the .hack era.

From the samples, I liking what I hear a lot. I just hope there's more Remi.

Yoshiwara is sung by Kajiura, isn't?

^ Yes I think it is.
a long goodbye is likely to have vocals too since its pretty long.

@grunty: I have 'rising up' and 'dancing in the age of war' ripped from an episode if you are interested.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the samples, grunty!

Really like 'make up your mind' and 'data-war'. Loving the flute in 'tidbit'. Yume no Daichi will sound lovelier and livelier if Kajiura used the arrangement for 'my land' instead of making Yume no Daichi the way it is, at least for me.

While I do like what I've heard so far, I think Kajiura used so (too) many melody lines she has used before, and they're somewhat really noticeable in this OST, since they're quite long.

@grunty: Nah, I don't think it sounds like the place of eternity, it's a little slower, and I don't know, the singing is sadder.

Just got my cd today! I will upload is shortly. Listening to A Long Goodbye, and there are vocals, reminds me a bit of heigen actually. :dote:Will give my full review later, once I've listened to it all. But loving it so far. I will scan in the booklet too.

So 4 Remi tracks. I'm not sure if she was in her best shape though. Like the whole first vocal part of what she has left is really poor IMHO but then the whole ending is nice. :iiam:

I quite liked forgotten stories and A door to the past. My land has a holy shit generic Kajiura instrumental melody. Rising up is disappointingly boring despite what I thought were cool vocal ideas for Kajiura.

data-war, deadlock and dancing in the age of war are probably my favorites from the instrumentals. Oh, and the opening/ending parts of progress - wish it was a full track. make up your mind for dem .hack flashbacks.

1. forgotten stories-It is nice. It does remind me somewhat of Noir/El Cazador, now that I listen to it for the second time. Nice and mysterious.
  2. tender days- This is a really pretty and soothing song. Reminds me of SAO, especially the title. Heh One of my favorites. Makes me feel like I’m floating on a cloud.
  3. rising up- Sort of like siren song from Tsubasa. I really like it, especially the guitar in the background.
  4. make your resolution-This violin melody… wow. Love it. Is it a waltz? I feel like I could waltz to it. So lovely.
  5. you are here- Really nice. Gives me a feeling of being in a faerie like forest, or searching for something. Like the flute and piano.
  6. a door to the past- Another great vocal. Beautiful and soft, sounds like the back to a Kalafina song. Remi should really sing with them!
  7. dancing in the age of war- Don’t like this as much as Dance of the Time, but it is okay. Sounds like it could be in a video game, like Zelda.
  8. forgotten stories #2- This sounds more like El Cazador, the place of eternity, like grunty said. I like it.
  9. Tidbit- A nice quiet song again. Lovely.
  10. Yoshiwara- Hmm. For a Fion song I was hoping for something better. It’s okay, just wish she would have sung more Kajiurago, instead of just eeeehhhs.
  11. a long goodbye- Really like it. Reminds me of a slower FJ song. And there is vocal in it later on, about half way through, that is nice. Like I said reminds me of heigen and faith, from the first ost.
  12. make up your mind- Really love this song! The violin is just… wow. Could listen to this one for awhile and not get sick of it. (Like fairytale was for me.)
  13. data-war- Nice. It actually reminds me a lot of Kara no Kyoukai. The violin melody is almost like one of the themes from there. Very nice.
  14. Deadlock- Love the creepiness of the song. Kind of like a Silent Hill type bgm. The piano is nice.
  15. fight it out- This is so SAO, but I love it. Aerial flight comes to mind. But it also has some KnK elements as well.
  16. Progress- Nice violin and flute combo.
  17. my land- An instrumental of Yume, so I like it. I like the different Kajiurago part, it’s a nice change.
  18. distant memories- Another nice peaceful one. Sounds like a credit song.
  19. what she has left- Wow… I really love this song. It’s so beautiful, almost brings tears to my eyes.
Overall I loved the soundtrack. There’s a lot of flute and strings, which I love. And some vocals, although not too many. If I were to rate the 3 osts, in order from which I like them the most, I would have to go 2, 1, 3. :dote:

@ Liana: You have a song from works for soundtracks into the folder, and also the tracks are 256kbps not 320, thanks though!

^Oh, oops. I will fix it. Thanks. (sorry, my file sharing knowledge isn't that great) I do not know how to change the kbps thing, sorry. I hope they are still okay though.

Back