Pockys!!!

https://twitter.com/ozAntinnippon/status/704165858843557888

Wow #marketing
#Pocky midi + #Teagurt
#wtf #kiss

CcWzGfQUcAAkx4z.jpg

I had the cookies and cream ones and the banana chocolate, which are probably my favorite at the moment, but I can only get them either online or at Mitsuwa, which is in Chicago. We only have the regular and strawberry here.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20201111/p2a/00m/0na/011000c

Number 1111 'Pocky train' departs Osaka Station at 11:11 a.m., Nov. 11
November 11, 2020 (Mainichi Japan)
Japanese version
6.jpg

A train with the vehicle number "1111" is seen departing Hankyu's Osaka-Umeda Station in Osaka's Kita Ward at 11:11 a.m. on Nov. 11, 2020. (Mainichi/Satoshi Hishida)
OSAKA -- A train with the vehicle number "1111" left Hankyu Osaka-Umeda Station in this western Japan city's Kita Ward at 11:11 a.m. on Nov. 11 (11/11) -- creating a departure comprising a series of 12 "1" digits, which look like the popular Japanese stick-shaped chocolate snack "Pocky."
Although the railway industry is enduring a stagnant period due to the new coronavirus outbreak, a spokesperson for Hankyu Corp. said that they hope the train's departure "will make people smile and feel happy."
The 8-car local train bound for Kobe-Sannomiya Station in Kobe's Chuo Ward uses a 1000 series model train which originally debuted in 2013, and was introduced to the line in August 2017. Since 2017, the train has departed from Osaka-Umeda Station at 11:11 a.m. on Nov. 11 each year. According to a spokesperson, the event was originally planned by a person in charge of train operations; it was not advertised to the public and barely known about even within the company.
However, the eccentric event gradually became known primarily among railway fans on the internet. A picture taken of the train together with four Ezaki Glico Co. stick-shaped "Pocky" snacks brought it wider attention. In Japan, Nov. 11 is referred to as "Pocky & Pretz day," the latter being a stick-shaped salty snack. The 1111-number train is nicknamed the "Pocky train" by railway enthusiasts.
Hankyu wants to continue holding the annual event as long as it does not affect general operations. A spokesperson said, "We would be happy if we could continue to provide something fun to talk about."
(Japanese original by Masaki Takahashi, Osaka City News Department)

Back