Our Kalafina Maya Found!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

wintersviolet said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the girls sing their own kajiurago parts now? I kind of thought Yuriko sang the background vocals in Kalafina's first album because the girls were just getting started or something.

That is not absolute. I mean that from the very start the kajiurago were sung by either Kalafina themselves or Yuriko Kaida. Some song where Kalafina sing them are: oblivious (wakana and in some parts keiko), Aria (Wakana and Keiko sing the chorus - and I think in the bridge there is also Yuki), Ongaku (Wakana sing the bridge chorus)
Some in which Yuriko sings chorus in: Kizuato (recording), Sprinter, serenato, Mata kaze ga tsuyoku natta, Ashita no Keshiki etc.

But yes you are right, now the girls have started sing more of the chorus by themselves, but Yuriko keeps her role. p.s: In Lacrimosa its HaneTomaru doing the chorus.

Re: Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Yuki88 said:
If Maya were still in Kalafina, the current Kalafina would have been different with (probably) less Yuriko Kaida. :listen:
well, Yuriko just does background vocals. I don't think we can compare Maya, who was a member of the group, with Yuriko :uh..:
That's true, but Yuriko's in so many of the songs, it's like she's practically a member anyway. :psst:

tsubasa said:
Kizuato* said:
This just proves that they kicked Maya out of Kalafina. "Left for studies" my ass. If she left for studies shouldn't she be back in Kalafina, instead of going her own way?

Sony dumped Maya and they know it.

well... do you have proof then?
If I remember right, Sony officially announced that Kalafina will only be consisting of three girls after Maya left... :study: they said no more future members will be joining... that means the time Maya left, she knows she can't go back in the group in the future anymore... right..? :confu:

Sony is....... confusing..... :uh..: Whatever happens back then, I don't care anymore.... at least I know Maya's surname and age now.... :TdT:

Re:

Moonlight04 said:
Sony is....... confusing..... :uh..: Whatever happens back then, I don't care anymore.... at least I know Maya's surname and age now.... :TdT:

*throws table on Moon*

I want her to come back though.. ==;

tsubasa said:
Kizuato* said:
This just proves that they kicked Maya out of Kalafina. "Left for studies" my ass. If she left for studies shouldn't she be back in Kalafina, instead of going her own way?

Sony dumped Maya and they know it.

well... do you have proof then?
This = information discovered

As long as she's happy doing whatever she's doing, that's fine I guess. I'd hate to think that her career had failed completely and left her feeling regretful and unhappy.

It would be nice to hear her singing again though, yeah.

Poor Maya, she's so bewildered by suddenly. so many people asking her questions related to/about Kalafina.

Anyway, I watched the interactions between 2-ex cpm members while looking for Maya's twitter and although I (being honest here) do not really respect those 2-ex members, I agree with their opinion about adding Maya as friend on twitter and FB and asking her so many questions about Kalafina after all these years as a good decision. It's not really polite either.

Anyway those 2-ex members are still lurking without logging in to this forum (maybe, or most likely apparently) so yeah, now you know my opinion about you.

Well, Its not like we ever forgot about her, though. She suddenly dissappeared a bit after YK vol #2 and we didnt know her whereabouts till Seventh Heaven (or was it storia?) came out, and if you except those reports from some pages ago, we just found about her, so I guess its natural if some people ask her about it, since the divorse with Kalafina wasnt clear at all. However it shouldnt be done in an impolite and stalkerish way.

Anyway, I still think that if Maya was still around Kalafina would be an even better group since we would have 7 more different posssible vocal combinations (4th member solo, 4 with W, 4th with H, 4th with K, 4th with H &K, 4th with W& K, 4th with H&W), and I would still welcome a good 4th member even if it isnt her.

Last edited:
I agree about the FB 'friending' was a bit...I dunno. Intrusive? Sure, we never forgot about her so it's nice to know she's doing well even if it's not what she was doing before. It's all the past for her now though, so I don't really feel the need to trouble her with asking about a job she stopped doing several years ago. I don't know the exact circumstances of her departure either, so how would I know whether it would bring up bad memories or something, and she'd be uncomfortable about discussing it? I might ask about her current career, but (I don't mean to sound harsh here) I'm not really into contemporary dance so unless she's getting back into singing or songwriting, I wouldn't be able to think of something to ask anyway!

The question of whether the group would work better as a four-piece is a REALLY interesting one. On one hand we're all used to the three-way vocal style and I believe Yuki arranges the songs around those three voices, but I'm sure there's be room for a fourth vocalist again. But then, it might end up being too similar to the FJ format. That said, quite a few of the post-Seventh Heaven songs have featured some backing vocal or other, so it might work.

Thoughts?

out of all the topics to post this under, why budokan
also, why does it have to be her "revenge"?

anyway, congratulations to Maya. may it be a pregnancy without complications

haha not many recent topics about Kalafina
revenge because the 3 got to become famous as singers but Maya managed to do what the other 3 cant do yet due to restrictions

I too hope for a healthy pregnacy :)

It's great to know that she's moved on and found her own path, and that leaving the group when she did hasn't stopped that happening. I wish her and her growing family all the best.

A happy ending at last for the infamous/mysterious Maya story, then! :V:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back