NOIR Remake

LOL I second the part about it potentially leaving out Kajiura's music. That was the best aspect of Noir for me (Okay I admit, I suck at paying attention to anything else).

I'm kinda skeptical about how this will turn out though. A lot of folks seem to be gushing over the news that Sam Raimi is involved. Granted, he has credible works under his belt but I won't hold my hopes too high for a successful adaptation. Heck, when it comes to this sort of things it's always best to never hold any expectations.

But I'll change my mind if they DO keep Kajiura's music. :psst:

foreign adaptation = ruins the sotry and the series itself... agre w/o yuki music to that crap :uh..:

and add the fact the series only holds the NAME of the work
but dont follow the main story (LOL)

if they ask yuki to do remixes for this she will get a lot of overseas exposure!! I wonder if they've chosen a composer yet.... :ohoho: im daydreaming of writing to the producers

They wanted to make a Cowboy Bebop live action years ago, but never did. I think it'll be the same with Noir.

What the--?! :omg:

Okay, honestly, I'm really curious about how this is going to turn out. It could be a really awesome series IF it's done right.
I know it's unlikely, but I'm crossing my fingers that they include some (if not all) of Kajiura's music. The music is what really made it and enhanced the action in the series.

I don't know...when stories of a different medium get made into live-action things, they usually get absolutely ruined...but maybe it'll turn out better than I think. There's always hope... :leaf:

Re:

ninetales said:
I don't know...when stories of a different medium get made into live-action things, they usually get absolutely ruined...but maybe it'll turn out better than I think. There's always hope... :leaf:

I lost my hopes on remakes...

they actually overdo the modification...like I want to say
what is the point adapting it when you change the story and the elements completely O.o?

Re: Re:

tsubasa said:
I lost my hopes on remakes...

they actually overdo the modification...like I want to say
what is the point adapting it when you change the story and the elements completely O.o?

Good point...maybe there isn't that much hope after all :rain:

Well, so far I've sen anime adaptations that didn't have to follow the original too close. Transformers is a franchise about robots, whereof you can practically make what you will, and Speedy Racer... as I said in another topic, it's hard to expect a good film based on a pretty generic mid-80s (or mid-70s?) shounen spokon. The Bros. might have been better off adapting Lain. :XD:
The Hollywood version of Noir will surely NOT be a snoozer like Bee Train works strive to be (although frankly, I didn't find Noir THAT hard to watch, even besides the music). We'll see what willhappen to the plot... :plot:
As to Yuki... I'm sure they do have the original anime fans inmind as part of the target audience. And given that Yuki Kajiura is pretty much THE name Noir is associated with... :psst: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot: :plot:

I have my doubts... It will probably be americanized and that always sucks.

Anyway: we can start an online campaign FORCING them to use the original score! :stupidtable:

Um...

I just have a BIG HOPE (or maybe a false hope). If they indeed going to change the storyline or the music, at least, I hope they make it good like Death Note.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
And they'll tell us: "OK, no prob, but would you mind sponsoring the lisense of the original OST?" :psst:

We say: "The fans didn't authorize this, now bow down to us and obey!!!! :whip: "

It's worth the shot....shows have been saved from cancelation this way. And that takes money too.

Let the fans unite and make the studios bow down to our unbreakable will!!! :ohoho:

Back