New FictionJunction album "elemental" and YK Live vol. #11

^Yeah, I hope it's something good, since I've liked the song too, but have not listened to it often for some reason.

And the title track and other new songs sound interesting from the titles. I was hoping for more new songs, *sigh* but I guess I'll take what I can get until a new single is released. Thanks for the info.

from the titles, elemental sounds like upbeat while storytelling and gaika ballads :ayashii:

For some reason when I read Elemental I think of the Emental(er) cheese :XD:

So, I confess I haven't heard Storm before, so I listened to it today.

It's... actually pretty good! Not a lot of range compared to FJ's usual songs, but it's got a great melody and rhythm. I can see it working. (As a side note, Ami Koshimizu sounds like a decent singer. Not impressive, but very pleasant).

The major downside I'm seeing: this song seems tailor-made for a Kaori verse + Wakana refrain + Yuriko background vocals combo. That wouldn't be a problem... if it weren't the combo for every other song! It's possible it'll be Keiko verse + Wakana refrain... but that's still not very innovative.

I'm praying for more vocal switches. Keiko and Kaori alternating on the verses, Yuriko, Kaori, and Wakana alternating on the chorus... or maybe that'll sound too chaotic. :uh..:

Btw, who sang the background vocals in the original? Maybe it'll be a good idea to put Wakana on those, and have Kaori and Yuriko alternating on the choruses.

Btw, who sang the background vocals in the original? Maybe it'll be a good idea to put Wakana on those, and have Kaori and Yuriko alternating on the choruses.

Yuriko.

Wakana will probably sing the refrain, but I can imagine either Keiko or Kaori singing the verses.

just listened to storm as well...and I really like it :ayashii: but is it just me or does it remind you of tsuioku? :stars: :punched:

Re:

aki said:
just listened to storm as well...and I really like it :ayashii: but is it just me or does it remind you of tsuioku? :stars: :punched:

Melody wise, no. Arrangement wise, yes, totally. Verse 1 & 2, chorus, Verse 3, then longgggggg music bridge, then chorus 2.

The major downside I'm seeing: this song seems tailor-made for a Kaori verse + Wakana refrain + Yuriko background vocals combo. That wouldn't be a problem... if it weren't the combo for every other song!

Agree that its what I was imagining when I heard storm for the first time yesterday. *shrugs* I guess I'll expect it and hope for the best. Although Storm is quite nice, actually.

@Aki
The refrain reminded me a bit of... Serenato. Not so much in terms of melody, but they both have a folksy feel. And since Tsuioku is basically a spiritual successor to Serenato...

Coral said:
The refrain reminded me a bit of... Serenato. Not so much in terms of melody, but they both have a folksy feel. And since Tsuioku is basically a spiritual successor to Serenato...
yeah, it's the feeling that's reminding me of Tsuioku. Like, I would put storm and Tsuioku in the same playlist

07:30:22 ‹Cerise› To me, it's like serenato and sandpiper had a baby that had obbligato and pugna cum maga genes spliced into it
07:34:08 ‹Cerise› meanwhile for tsuioku, serenato is the mum and sandpiper is the dad
not just spiritual successor... :psst: :punched:

In that case, I would say Tsuioku inherited more from the mom than the dad. :XD:

Re:

Kowz said:
but uhm it has the same flute melody as Forest, so I hope they replace that..

I think you're confusing it with Toki no Sabaku.

I insist its Forest, they are not 100% same but they have similarities
storm flute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aWXgSPmJU#t=179
forest flute https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... FVRI#t=186 (3:06)

as for the vocals sharing I agree that it will probably go to Kaori and Wakana (if not only to Kaori), and Yuriko will probably keep the choruses, I guess it might have more kajiurago though.

The only similarity I hear is that both have a short passage of repeating notes (tremolo?). Storm starts the bridge with it, and Forest has it almost at the end. Storm alternates between 3 notes, and Forest with 2.

https://soundcloud.com/fjkowz/forest-storm

Really George, you usually make a big deal out of tiny similarities.

Some tweets from Nozaki

@nozaki_p: 12月5日ニューヨークMasterdiskにてFictionJunction Newアルバム「elemental」マスタリングのセッションが始まりました(^_^)v エンジニアはスティングも手掛けるScott Hullさんです。 #fictionjunction

まずは、全曲試聴しつつ、少しずつ手を加えはじめています。現在eternal blue が凄いことになっています。音像が生き物のように動いています。 #fictionjunction

全曲試聴終了。梶浦さ〜〜ん、Scottさんが、曲のクォリティーの高さを揉めて下さいましたよ(^_^)v elementalから作業開始です。 #fictionjunction

If I understood correctly, Kajiura is in New York mastering the album. The engineer is someone who has previously worked with Sting.

Back