New Chat Complaint Thread (Mark 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some odd reason, I can't get in the chatroom nor the forum using Google chrome.
I keep getting an Empty Response Error and yadda.
I even tried emptying my cache, didn't do anything...
Any ideas @Sudrien ?

for some odd reason, I can't get in the chatroom nor the forum using Google chrome.
I keep getting an Empty Response Error and yadda.
I even tried emptying my cache, didn't do anything...
Any ideas @Sudrien ?
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/145101-Latest-Chrome-Error-324-Empty-Response-unable-to-load-page?s=642237530ffae1ef818c9532dca2e0f6&p=849871&viewfull=1#post849871 said:
It seems that error 324 happens for some who also run Internet Download Manager on their system. Here is the info I found:

If you get "Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data" - open IDM and go to menu bar Downloads > Options > General and uncheck the "use advanced browser integration" checkbox.

Voila! Chrome works again. At least for me. No harm to try it and see if this solves your error 324 problem.

Ok, browser version looks good.

....It's hard to reproduce if I don't have anything to copy & paste in. What is the kaomoji you found the issue with?
I just did a recent test with (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The result: http://i.imgur.com/wtAVYal.png
I haven't tried anything else, so there might be some other kaomojis that can trigger it.
Hope that helped :bow:

It appears that many of us like to use - characters without creating strike-out.

Could strike-out be reduced to only being created with [ s ] [ / s ] and < s > < / s > ?

^ More generally, using a single character to start/end bold/underline/strike-out seems to be a bad idea rather than:

Code:
[b][/b]
[u][/u]
[s][/s]

It appears that many of us like to use - characters without creating strike-out.

Could strike-out be reduced to only being created with [ s ] [ / s ] and < s > < / s > ?
That's proper textile behavior...

Hmm. Apparently a proper way to do this would be
Code:
don't show ==-strike out-==
Though I have not implemented this yet.

Alternatively, I would just disable textile altogether.

^ @Sudrien what I think would be easiest for chat users would be to disable single-character activation, and keep the actions in square and angle brackets.

Also, is it possible to change things to prevent a user from changing nickname to kajiuranXXXX where X are digits?

There are currently no Prosody plugins for this. I could look into restrictions from Candy's end, if abuse is a problem.

I'm getting delays in display of text (only showing after some lines of text entered), and some lines of text entered being lost. This is from Firefox/Iceweasel 35.0.1.

From Pidgin I'm not seeing loss of text but sometimes get delay.

Other users were reporting the problem before I experienced it, suggesting that some sessions were affected before others.

Observing more, if my chat from Firefox is not being displayed, typing a line in pidgin causes the stuck text from firefox to appear a few seconds later. Some lines of text from firefox are being lost regardless.

I tried connecting to chat.canta-per-me.net from chromium 40 and it timed out on me.

[edit] it is sitting displaying: Connecting...
modal-spinner.gif

when trying connect without logging in.
If I try to log in, I get the username and password prompt, then the connecting message again but no further.

[edit 2] later on after restarting my machine it was still bad in firefox, then came good in firefox for me, but not others. Still stuck at Connecting...
modal-spinner.gif
from chromium.

Last edited:
Just then, it took pidgin 3 and a half minutes to connect to chat, although people already in chat had varying degrees of lag (some had almost no lag).

^Took me about 40 minutes just to connect to chat at one point :leaf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back