Manten

I hear "of time" now, but I said completely different yesterday, so perhaps tomorrow I'll hear something new...what a colorful life, huh? :ohoho:

ahahahahah I don't hear "time" , I continue to listen something like nante nai :confu: :confu:
The mistery of these two words will remain :XD: :XD:

man...why didn't they save us the trouble and put the lyrics on there?

Maybe Kajiura don't really put that lyrics on the original score, and only have "manten no choruuuuuussssssssssss" but when she and the girls recorded it, she said, "Wakana, sing these 2 words after manten no chorus" :XD:

What I mean is because that two words maybe are just some coin-tossed words that Kajiura chose, that two words never made it to the booklet -.-

There's a (small but existing) possibility that she sings "manten" again, and that would also explain why it's not on the booklet... (In fact I once heard "manten" while absent-mindedly listening to it, but today I hear something totally different.... so who knows!)

Perhaps this is Yuki's way of adding even extra depth to the song, so you hear something different every time you listen and thus interpret it differently every time...like keikochan said before, what a colourful life! :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho:

Perhaps this is Yuki's way of adding even extra depth to the song, so you hear something different every time you listen and thus interpret it differently every time...like keikochan said before, what a colourful life
ahahahah It's true :XD: :XD: :XD:

i just wanted to correct some lines so it could be in proper tense :XD:

shining through a thin branch was the future that forgot to bloom
and yet, seeming reluctant, the branch let the bud fall

it should be

what shines through a thin branch is the future that forgot to bloom
still seeming reluctant, it let a flower bud fall

i'm always catching mistakes i make years later hahaha :XD:

静かに瞬く星たちの散り行く空
届かぬ祈りが天と地を満たしてた

細い枝に光るのは前忘れた未来
まだ名残惜しそうにつぼみを落とした

ほら、もう時は満ちて実る金の果実
その手で摘み取るだけで世界は終わるかな

汚れるものとして来る雪の白さは
温もりを知れば消えてしまうの

きれいな夢だけが貴方を切り裂いた
冷たい瞳の優しさと真実

激しく瞬く星たちは天に背いて
明らす(?)祈りがこの空を落とすまで

私を弔う為の花束はいらない
心が潰えるうちに願いを叶えて

見届けてみたい人の望みが
さんさんと(?)光に満ちる時を

翼をほしがって誰もが泣いていた
命が奏でる満天のchorus (of fate)<<<<<I guess....

焼け焦げた願いが空をこじ開ける頃に
懐かしい故郷はきっと花の盛りでしょう

激しく瞬く星たちの夢の後・・・

安らぎのあると人の言う最果てまで
月影優しく行く道を教えてよ

静かに瞬く星たちの祈りの空
貴方の叫びでこの夢が終わるまで

so, for a project in my japanese class, we have to translate songs/poems without using a dictionary so my professor can see the level of our vocabulary. (thanks to kalafina, i can describe to you the many beauties of the moon and the stars and the earth, etc hahahaha) so i chose manten for this week. i only got a few corrections on it, with a "GOOD JOB! I'm impressed" note on my paper (again, thanks kalafina/yuki lol). i was told by my japanese professor that "manten" means the whole sky, but it's also another word for "the heavens (above)" so she corrected the "whole sky" part in my translation to the heavens. a lot of things make sense to me now that she explained a few things, like "the fruit" in the 3rd stanza and what will bear it. here's the corrected version of my translation ^.^ hope you enjoy~

the sky, where the stars
that disappear out of existence
is where heaven and earth
was appeased by an untouched prayer

what shines through a thin branch
is the future that forgot to bloom
still seeming reluctant,
the branch unhanded the bud

look, soon time will be up
as the branch bears a golden fruit
the world will end as you pick it
with those hands of yours

as an unblemished thing,
if the whiteness of snow that descends
knows of warmth
it will completely disappear
beautiful dreams alone
tore you into pieces
with the kindness and truth
of their cold eyes

the stars that violently twinkle
go against heaven
until vengeful prayer
crashes the sky

there is no need for a bouquet
of flowers to mourn for me
just grant my wish
before my heart collapses

the wishes of people
who want to try to fathom by themselves
make time come to an end
in the brilliant light

everyone was crying,
wanting wings
life plays
the chorus of the heavens

when a scorched wish
wrenches open the sky
my beloved birthplace will
most likely have flowers in bloom

traces of dreams
of the stars that violently twinkle

moonlight,
show me the way to go,
until the furthest ends of earth
where humans say
peace exists

this will be the sky of prayer
of the quietly twinkling stars
until this dream ends with your cry

EDIT: i forgot to include that 仇なす is a compound word that means to avenge or cause harm to others. but i think "to avenge" makes more sense in the stanza because the stars will go against heaven until an "avenging/vengeful" prayer crashes the sky, making the stars stop. i went back to the first pages of this topic seeing how people had some problems with the meaning to this compound word.

side note: because of the beautiful lyrics, my sensei went home and listened to the song, falling in love with it :XD:

Thank you nimsaj! I showed it to Yuki.n and she spotted a really small mistake, she will post about it a bit later.

Back