Magic Knight RayEarth (2026) music will be composed by Yuki Kajiura, Takumi Ozawa and Shiho Terada

Damn it, I saw the table on my phone and I skipped the composer name column lol
Soooo holy crap, 4 tracks is more or less what I was expecting, yes.
 
4 tracks on just this episode or the whole ost 1?
4 out of 27 Rayearth tracks that were added to JASRAC's database.
Whether that's going to be one OST or just the first batch of what they added, I've no idea.
Why they added 27 tracks before episode1 even aired, I also have no idea.

There's definitely not 27 tracks in this episode. There's maybe 5 minutes of music here and a lot of it feels like at most 30sec clips (not counting that 2min exposition from Clef in the 2nd half that I'm guessing is Ozawa).

At least two in this episode were Kajiura. The opening track (which appears to be the theme with Joelle in the first teaser) and the ?maina? theme.

I could not repeat one melody/theme from this episode otherwise. And I was excited for it so that sux. Hoping it gets better or that the OST release makes me appreciate the music more.
 
Last edited:
Kay, that BGM during Zagato's scene at the beginning of partB is growing on me. I want it. That ending choir takes me out of it completely though, lol.

I really want to like the music in this show... but the way it's presented in this episode really doesn't make me excited...
 
So Emeraude: Grief has to be the very first track of the episode.
And the Joelle track could be Battle (Hikaru and friends) <--- hope this is a tentative title...

Overall, I didn’t dislike the music in the episode. Some tracks actually took me back to the 90s. So for me, Ozawa and Terada did well. But it surprises me how little homogeneity there is between the three composers. I expected something more like ANTI HERO. Here it feels like each of them did their homework at home and then turned it in without actually working as a team.

Anyway, let's hope for some news...
 
Kay, so I was a little wrong. There's like 12 minutes of music in this episode.

edit:
removed some of my in-the-moment shit takes from the thread to not be overly negative about just snippets of music from the start.


I still think the episode itself did not do the music any favours and, even after cutting BGM out of the episode, I still think there's not many memorable themes here.

Hoping for the best in the coming weeks. I do want that first BGM from partB...
 
Last edited:
i just finished watching. I think the way the musics are mixed in doesnt let them scene much. i ll have to rewatch to pay more attention to them than the dialogues...
 
More from Kaon Kokudo herself:

https://x.com/k2v0m/status/2108168624225886599
The TV anime *Magic Knight Rayearth* (#魔法騎士レイアース) began airing on October 7th.​
I had the honor of providing vocals for the background music composed by Yuki Kajiura (@Fion0806) 🔮.​
You can hear the music in the promotional video and during the transformation scene in Episode 1 🗼.​
​
I was deeply immersed in the works of CLAMP during my youth, and the very first soundtrack I ever bought in my life—back when I was in junior high—was a Yuki Kajiura album 💿.​
To think I would get to sing within the world of such a cherished title and music... I’m still reeling, wondering what kind of timeline I’ve ended up in 🙇‍♀️😭.​
​
Please enjoy this masterpiece revived for the Reiwa era, accompanied by the magnificent music of Yuki Kajiura, Takumi Ozawa, and Shiho Terada...!!​
​
I also want to express my heartfelt gratitude to Washio-san from Samady (@UtabitoSamady @Washioyuuki) for giving me this wonderful opportunity! 🙇‍♀️​

edit:
Her profile:
https://lit.link/en/k2v0m

And her vgmdb:
https://vgmdb.net/artist/29422
 
Last edited:
😍😍 she is a fun of her like us 🥰 so nice ! I bet she was shaking during the Rec session 😁

EDIT: So I rewatched the episode (with headphones) and i really like both Zagarudo bgms that play as well as the transformation bgm. The rest arent bad but they feel different, and maybe less polished. It felt weird that the whole Tokyo Tower scene was without any music.

Its sad that since ΚnΥ Kajiura turned into a teaser name (κράχτης @yuki.n someone whose job is to greet people who pass by the street and ask them to get inside a restaurant if they want, or alternatively, an advert with the most value for money product that serves the purpose to lure people inside the store) , and only gets to do a few bgms only. The new madoka movie doesnt really count. Knowing Kajiura she probably finished the soundtrack many years ago, thus the no music gaps Kowz talked about.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top