Madoka Magica movies

BD rip leaked.
That is nice.

Would be nicer if the download even remotely worked though, but from what I can tell I am not the only one finding that it's running so unreliably that it's looking likely to take weeks to finish.

^
I don't think we get to complain since it is free. Just let it run for a day, usual time frame to get sufficient seeders.
Plus the file size isn't something to worry about.

And I'm sure you and I both have caught the movie in person so ... no rush here.
Just a little envious of this person's early loot.

EDIT: 1080P with Extras out. Various OST rips out.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
I don't think we get to complain since it is free. Just let it run for a few days, usual time frame to get sufficient seeders.
Plus the file size isn't something to worry about.
Well true that... But it's like, having the movie available, yet being unable to see it because the download is so impossibly unreliable... Somehow that just feels far more frustrating than outright not having any apparent means to see the movie in proper quality at all.

I mean I could wait till I get the BD myself... but being that I chose the slowest possible shipping-option on CDJapan to save some money, that is unlikely to happen for another three weeks at least. Though yeah, having seen the movie several times myself, I guess I shouldn't be the one complaining.

Currently listening to it. A few tracks are missing, and Nightmare Ballet is missing the oboe (I think it was an oboe) intro.

By the way, @Hatouchan , could you post what you translated of the Lisani interview? I'd like to know the reasons for the leitmotif abuse, hue.

my favourite track so far is "I was waiting for this moment" Yuriko <3 <3 <3

I also love all accordion tracks, and Hanae ones too. I will make a bigger list tomorrow :sohappy:

I like a lot of songs from this OST. 'nightmare ballet' has one of my favorite strings melody ever. 'mada dame yo' is really nice, like it. 'one for all' pretty much is 'no more fear' from movie 1/2 OST for me. 'experimentation' is definitely my favorite. 'Noi!' is interesting, and 'theater of a witch' is super, really wish it was longer (actually i love all the accordion tracks). got the same feeling with grunty with 'absolute configuration' - and i love that song as well. i love 'holly quintet' too - the sudden changes all over the song are really interesting.

favorites : experimentation, nightmare ballet, theater of a witch, absolute configuration.

scans & material book :psst: (There's a HUGE Yuki interview into the meterial book)

Vocal & Chorus: Yuriko Kaida, Hanae Tomaru, ASUKA (as FJ!)
Guitar: Kouichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Takahashi "Jr" Tomoharu
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings, Hitoshi Konno Strings
Cello: Masami Horisawa
Flute: Akagi Rie
Accordion: Yoshiaki Sato

I wonder if the 2 strings credits refer to different tracks or they combined the 2 units for the recording :ayashii:

Love the melody in nightmare ballet its very cheerful, yet very well done, a bit complex
mada dame yo is very nice and Asuka fits perfect to it
love all accordion tracks
Holy Quintet <3 my favourites are Kyouko and Sayaka themes but the others are good too, I really like the drums arrangement of sagitae luminus/hikari furu
like grunty, I also really liked I remember I liked the original (was it puella in somnio?) and the cello ads to it alot, which it was longer
Gonna fight with me: Awesome percussion I think it would fit perfect if it was the intro of "absolute configuration", in which I love the Hanae (singing) melody and the e.guitar, but I find the strings kinda repeatitive, and the overall arrangement is like "the battle is to the strong" or the 2 SAO instrumentals (fight! , critical phase)
pulling my weight: nice piano, but why does it have 'agmen clientum' sounds?)
another episode <3
dream world is so touching! It has a mysterious and simineously sad feeling, especially the part after 01:25 makes you tear :cry:
flame of despair has a similar feeling with "magician" from knk
you are here: I LOVE the bass.
experimentation makes you think of secret hideouts with top secret experiments :XD:
Is noi in german ? Also I wonder if its a kids choir.
worse ending, Hanae & cello, also that cello melody <3 <3
we're here for you: love the theme arrangement

now he is : He? Who ? :confu:

I was waiting for this moment <3 x 10, turns out its Yuriko.
love all the other tracks too :3

Last edited:
a little review of my own... nightmare ballet has a very nice melody; a ballet indeed. mada dame yo is ok instrumental wise but asuka... (a big no for me). i really love holly quintet; every piece has its own characteristics (esp. like kyouko, sayaka&homura's).

i may be preferring the arrangement in one for all but i'm not sure.
i too like all the accordion pieces(esp. not yet, theater of a witch, raise the curtain) I remember was really a nice touch.

absolute configuration... i couldn't get used to Hanae's singing at first but now i think i like it but e.guitar is the highlight (though the strings don't seem to flow nicely as I initially thought) Hanae in dream world and the worst ending is just beautiful. I was waiting for this moment gives me the chills akin to testament from xenosaga3.

i like pulling my own weight; it's so light and calming and proves that combo of cello + piano can still work :) cello in where is the truth is also awesome. this is the truth sounds so familiar but it works imo. wanna destroy? conveys the mood very well!
another episode and we're here for you sound altogether familiar too but they have a madoka feeling to them :D
i prefer never leave you alone over its original.

love flame of despair (the subtle cello in the background!)
Noi!.. well vocals sound utterly ridiculous to me but i guess the instrumentation is ok.

faves: flame of despair, i was waiting for this moment, dream world, holly quintet, nightmare ballet, absolute configuration, theater of the witch

Currently listening to it. A few tracks are missing, and Nightmare Ballet is missing the oboe (I think it was an oboe) intro.

By the way, @Hatouchan , could you post what you translated of the Lisani interview? I'd like to know the reasons for the leitmotif abuse, hue.
I'll see if I can have it up in a few days. No promises. First, I gotta remember where I left that magazine.

Interview with Kajiura in the BD materials? Like finally. Will take a look when my copy arrives.

I'll see if I can have it up in a few days. No promises. First, I gotta remember where I left that magazine.

Thanks. Take your time.

Interview with Kajiura in the BD materials? Like finally. Will take a look when my copy arrives.

Interesting. Yesterday, I read in 4chan that during production stage of the movie, the ending theme was originally going to be darker. Perhaps that's from the BD materials? The thread 404'd before I could ask.

I wonder if the 2 strings credits refer to different tracks or they combined the 2 units for the recording :ayashii:

Kajiura has done this for other soundtracks. They're separate.

now he is : He? Who ? :confu:

Kyuubey

1. once we were-I had it before, it just wasn't there for some reason. But nice music box melody.
  2. nightmare ballet-I don’t know, don’t really like this one. It reminds me too much of A little merrymaking from Tsubasa, which I do not like either.
  3. Mada dame yo「まだダメよ」-It’s interesting. And so short! I want it longer too even though it is repetitive, but then Yuki uses this melody for a lot of instrumentals later. heh
  4. nice to meet you- A happier version of Kyuubey’s theme. Lol Did not think that could be possible. I like it.
  5. nothing special, but so special- Just what the title says. And “mada” again.
  6. nightmare!!- Don’t really like it all that much. Reminds of one of the songs in KnK in the collection it’s Magician I believe, which I did not like.
  7. Holly Quintet- Okay, love this. It’s a collection of the themes. I love it’s upbeat tone like Venari Strigas. Nice.
  8. one for all- Another “mada” and Credens version. I like this one. Wonder if Kalafina will ever do a remake of the song. Mada I mean, not Credens since they did that one already.
  9. he is…- A nice peaceful song. Could relax with this one. I feel like I’m floating with that violin melody.
  10. the battlle is over- Another nice one. It’s so relaxing and calming. Love the cello in it.
  11. Doubt- Hmm, reminds me of KnK, those kind of blah tracks that were in there. (Don’t get me wrong, I love that soundtrack more to death, but the track’s kind of boring.)
  12. something, everything is wrong- Another Mada version. This one is creepy, and I like the accordion too. Reminds me of Noir.
  13. raise the curtain- Did not like this one though, never really liked these types of songs I guess.
  14. never get there- A nice version. Very smooth and calming.
  15. I remember- Another Kyuubey theme, this time it’s creepy again. heh
  16. face the truth- The first of the Facing the Truth series. I like it like I like the other songs.
  17. doubt #2- Again kind of blah, but it has some strings to it at least.
  18. gonna fight with me- Reminds me of a Battlestar Galactica song.
  19. absolute configuration- Love it. It’s so awesome, and I think it’s the song I was looking for. (Yes, it is.) I think it’s Hanae as the main vocal, with maybe Yuriko in the background? Hmm. Anyways, pure awesomeness. I hope this makes it onto a dvd. The guitar is great! Ninetales would love it.
  20. her decision-Another blah track.
  21. where is the truth?- Creepy cello.
  22. pulling my own weight-Really like it. Like the title and the piano. Gives me chills.
  23. another episode- The same melody as the song before, but still like it.
  24. wanna destroy?- Creepy track. Feels like being in a creepy lab or dungeon or something.
  25. dream world- Pretty. Is that Remi or Wakana singing? It sounds like Remi since it reminds me of the RHH 3 ost a bit, of her vocals anyways.
  26. never leave you alone-Pretty song. The piano is different, and happy. (I have not seen the movie yet, but I would believe it has a happy ending because of this song.)
  27. this is the truth- I like it.
  28. flame of despair- This one is like the one in the beginning, but I like it more. Makes me want to waltz.
  29. now he is-He maybe meaning Kyuubey? Or is it someone else? Hmm. Nice song though.
  30. you are here- lol I first saw this on my iPod while working out and thought of the RHH 3 ost, since there is a same title there as well. I love it though. Probably a favorite.
  31. Experimentation- I think of a laboratory again. It reminds me of some Xenosaga songs.
  32. Noi!- I actually like the child chanting this time. The only other one I like with that is Cowardly Little Dogs We Are.
  33. the worst ending- Wow, love the cello in it. Never heard a cello in an upbeat song before. At least not by Yuki I think. I like it, even with that title. heh
  34. I cursed myself- That title and song gives me chills. But I guess the cello does that.
  35. this is my despair- Pretty. I love that harp in the background.
  36. theater of a witch- Meh. Reminds me of El Cazador.
  37. we’re here for you- Really nice. A different melody, at least I think so. Well, at least in the beginning.
  38. take your hands-Really sweet.
  39. wings of relief- A nice peaceful flute song.
  40. I was waiting for this moment- Wow… nice vocals. The violin is great too. Ahh I want to see this movie now.
  41. her new wings- A nice melody.
  42. solve the riddle- I like it. Gives off an ominous feeling.
  43. I think this world is precious- How sweet. Reminds me of Velveteen Rabbit a bit.
  44. happy ending- So it does have a happy ending. Lol A short but sweet melody.
  45. not yet- “Mada” again with accordion and violin. I like it.
Overall I love this soundtrack. I think I’d give it a 8 out of 10. My favorites are: I was waiting for this moment, Holly Quintet, face the truth, absolute configuration, pulling my own weight, dream world, flame of despair, now he is, you are here, experimentation, Noi!, and the worst ending. The others are good, but there are some that are kind of blah. Thanks for sharing. Does anyone have the first track though? I think that’s the only one missing.

@Liana: for dream world: Its Hanae Tomaru. I have the credits 4 posts above you :)

For Worst Ending : You probably mean that we havent had upbeat soundtrack music with cello right ?, because Kalafina's Matta kaze ga tsuyoku nata and FJ's gaika do have cello.

for the track check your conversations

Last edited:
Just watched the movie in its HD glory so I have to say that THIS was what I was expecting the original TV show to be when I heard a new Shinbo x Kajiura collaboration was coming. I understand why many fans of the original show hate it but I myself can't help but like it. To me it was just stunning audio/visual-wise and super bold direction wise, unlike the TV show which, after the first 3 eps, was just Sayaka pandering and everyone else crying... =p

maybe it's because i've always feel over-conscious with kyoichi sato's drumming (because i already know it's sato's drumming style) but i can't help but feel annoyed with the drum in 'absolute configuration'. i absolutely love the strings, 50:50 about the guitar solo (love it on the bg, hate the guitar solo), love the song's melody line (although i can't help but notice that hanae's a bit sloppy with her phrasing throughout the song, or maybe it was because of the harmony, idk) but it was THE DRUM that really irked me. i think the song would be just fine without the drum...or kajiura can use sfx, instead of half-assed drum like this. the drumming doesn't deliver the 'fierceness' of the song + the drumming doesn't blend well with the song for me. sato's more suited in jazzy/slow drumming like in 'i swear' (because i think it's his basic drumming style).

@george: Yeah, it was the bgm that I was talking about with upbeat cello. There should be more of it, so maybe in SAO 2? And thanks for the correction. I thought it sounded like her, but wasn't sure.

Back