Lets play a game of WHAT IF...

Sweet song, red moon, lirica, hanataba...anything, actually

if someone in FJC were to cover a FJY song, which song and singer would you choose?

Argh.... can't decide! Yuriko + Wakana covering Romanesque together, Hikaru covering Piano, or Kaori doing an acoustic version of I'm Here (similar to her live performance of Michiyuki).

If any of the Kalafina/FJ girls could cover an anime song or vocal OST track NOT composed by Yuki, which song and singer would you pair up?

Kalafina already did Yuzurenai Negai with Elisa (Animax 2010) and I actually liked it over the original Tamura Naomi's version!

If you were in Kajiura Yuki's studio one day and one of the FJC utahime would be bringing something home made to eat (it can be a dish, a snack, et al). Who would you want it to be (the utahime who cooked said "something") and what dish would you want her to bring? :plot:

^ Then again, I loved the Chihiro Yonekura / Naomi Tamura version from Animelo Summer Live 2010 also.

ooh... just some biscuits that would be good to have with Kajiura-sama's coffee.

What non-alcoholic drink would you like to see the utahimes try for the first time?

green machine naked juice for Keiko (it has broccoli and spinach inside) :ohoho: :punched:

if you were to cook dinner for one of the utahimes, what would you could and for whom?

I'll cook one of my specialties- fried mushroom and ham rice.

I'll love to invite....FJC. Yup I cheated.

Same as above.

I'm a disaster on wheels in the kitchen (I once started a fire while boiling water... though in my defence, I didn't know that particular stovetop was caked with oil and unusable)... so... I'll have to buy frozen pre-cooked perogies from the supermarket and heat them up best as I could.

Who would I invite... damn. Umm... whoever doesn't hate perogies?

Coral, you didn't ask a question, so I will assume it is the same as above (which, likewise, is the same as two post ago!). Anyway, I am a bit uncertain as to how adventurous the utahime are in terms of food, specially outside of Japanese/Chinese/Singaporean/Malay are they (we already know Kajiura Yuki likes nasi goreng). So, if I were to prepare a full menu, I would make, served family style,

1) Chinese steamed eggs or chawanmushi.
2) Stir fried broccoli rabe or, in lieu, gai-lan served with oyster sauce.
3) Braised daikon. (This would be the one dish I haven't practiced/tested much, or, in lieu, braised squash).
4) Slow boiled watercress soup.
5) Vegetable medley.
6) White cut chicken.
7) Cantonese style steamed fish.
8) Roasted pork.
9) Tapioca pudding.

And, of course, steamed rice.

Edit: for drinks, I will stick with chrysanthemum, green or oolong tea; however, if somebody asks for alcoholic beverages, I would go for either a tripel (Karmeliet is good), a pilsner (Stella Artois?), white wine (a dry Rieslieng or Gewurztraminer) or sake.

I have pretty much cooked all of them with certain frequency, except for #3. In a way, it is not much of a challenge, as I am familiar with the recipes. The challenge would be to cook ALL of them and have them ready at the same time, specially because #1 and #7 are time sensitive.

If I were to cook western style, I would make braised short ribs or prime rib, served with potato puree, broccoli rabe, glazed carrots and mushroom, or might go a bit wilder and make some BBQ of sorts (pork, it has to be pork!!!). For appetizer, a salad of sorts. And, for dessert, creme brulee, though, if it is in season, I might do a blueberry grunt or blueberry pie plus homemade ice cream.

Whom to invite? FJC + FBM. Hey, the more the merrier! :)

Since we are in the topic of food, if you could take any of the utahime to a restaurant for dinner, what restaurant type it would be (please, be specific) and with whom? :plot:

PS: Coral, since you mentioned perogies, can I assume you are in AB, SK or MB?

A chinese restaurant. Lovely food.

Hmm, I'll take... Fion. :plot:

Okay.... if you could sleepover at a utahime's house, who would you choose?

wakana's plz, since i'm assuming that hikaru still lives with her family, and i'll be too intimidated by keiko's bootcamp gym place... also wakana's a good cook :ohoho: :punched: i'm also open to sleepovers at kaori's, but for some reason yuriko's onee-sama aura is too much for me :TdT: :love: :bow:

same question as above!

Keiko, because, most likely, she will have her harem :punched:

If it is the yoga routine, I read somewhere, I think I can endure that, as long as it is not hot/Bikram yoga. Then again, I am sure Keiko will come up with something just to make me regret saying that! :XD:

If for some strange reason the utahime were to wield a weapon, what weapon would you think is more suitable to each one of them? For argument's sake, let's use the ones from Madoka Magica (but any other weapon is fair game).

omg ahhhhh

in terms of meguca weapons, keiko would have a shield. after all, wakana and hikaru agree that she's the person who protects the ones she loves :love: :shy: plus i see her as a tank sort of chara, so she charges right in, taking hits, blocking hits, and bashing others with her formidable shield... after all, the best offense is defense!

hikaru would have either a bow or maybe guns. i see her as the one who provides cover from behind mainly because she's so thin and more reserved like you'd expect that type of chara to be? however, it's still dramatic enough, and she'll get to show off her fabulous dramatic glares and hand gestures :ohoho: :punched:

kaori would wield a spear, or a lance. mainly i see her as a foil to keiko, yet complementing so well. she's just as energetic and strong, but in a different way :love:

yuriko... i'd give her yuma's staff ball thingy. mainly for the healing powers though :XD: since yuriko's role is to be backup/support, not a lot of frontline attention is on her, but without her the party/utahime would fail to win in battles/produce such great songs. overall she's instrumental in maintaining support. that and she probably is very reliable in the emotional/confidential way to the others, which is a healing power all by its own

wakana.... i pass :punched: truth be told.... i can't give her a meguca weapon, but for some reason i see her with a.... whip. //IB flees, but is whipped rapidly by wakana :blood: :imdead: it's intense yet enthralling, powerful and graceful in its own sense... kinda like wakana on stage. but in order for it to perform its best, a whip needs to be held by a steady hand; it's just not as formidable on its own. and it's a very, very feminine weapon.

i... think i looked too much into this OTL. but i'll also be cheap and ask this same question to the next person!! :ohoho: :punched:

Gauntlet → Keiko
-Close combat seems to match with her personality.

Magic Wand → Wakana.
-I can't imagine anything else for this lovely goddess.

Dagger → Hikaru
-Quick to strike and able to vanish into thin air in a snap.
Okay it's more like she is too frail to wield other weapons that I had in mind.

Broadsword → Kaori
-I dunno, an image of her dressed like a Claymore came to mind.

Zither → Yuriko
- You need to have watched super cheesy old asian kung-fu movies to know where I am going with this one.

If you can prevent Kyubey from visiting the Utahimes just once, who would you choose to protect and why.
Also, would you make a contract in place of chosen singer?

Hmm, Keiko. She's the only one who can make me do that, I think.

A contract? mmmmmm... if the situation calls for it, like if there's a Walpurgis in the horizon.

Same question. Being really lazy here.

@KimH
Ack, sorry for not asking a question half a page back. But your answer to the food question was so awesome that... can we agree that all's well that ends well? ;) And no, I'm from ON.

Onto the question... probably Wakana, if we're not including Yuki herself (as Fion) in the equation. I dunno if I'll actually take the contract in place of her... maybe on a day when I feel useless and depressed. Kyuubey will probably have no trouble putting me in that mood though.

If you could get Kalafina to cover one song from a male singer, what song/artist would you choose?

The first song that came to mind was Home by Phillip Phillips. A Kalafina rendition would be epic.

Same question

...really?! I mean, I guess I only heard snippets of the song after swearing off American Idol forever, but... I guess I wasn't expecting a modern English song, lol.

For me, maybe Bird or Hallucination by Yuya Matsushita. Kuroshitsuji connection makes it even better. (To think about it, I wouldn't mind a reverse cover of Lacrimosa either... *is slapped*)

Same question, because I'm not asking two new questions in a row. =P

i'm not sure if this will work, but i actually want to hear them cover 沧海一声笑 (the sea laughs) by huang zhan, mainly because i'm a sucker for traditional chinese songs and i can easily imagine keiko as the main.... that and the ballad made me cry when i watched it in the swordsman movies :ohoho: :ohoho: :touched: canto version, ofc

hm.... it's probably not good to recycle this question, so i'll try a new one :ohoho: :punched: If you could watch a movie with the utahime (singular or plural), what specific movie/genre would you watch and who would you watch it with?

Watch Madoka Magica: Rebellion with Kalafina! Seriously, what else could be more fitting? =P

If Yuki wrote (another?) musical, which utahime would you cast in what roles? (e.g. heroine, heroine's best friend, antagonist, ect.)

Heroines would basically be everyone be Hikaru and Keiko. (At a pinch, I'll throw in Yuuka and/or Wakana)

Hichan's the quiet, but strong type of heroine who goes through challenges and finally makes her mark.
Keichan's the busty type, encouraging her friends to carry on, lending a shoulder to cry on, that type of stuff...

Best friends: Yuuka and Wakana. (Kaori, Yuriko and Kajiura-san as well.)
Yuu-chan would be somewhat like Madoka-- the type who is innocent, trusting, but can be counted on to lend a hand if need be.
Wa-chan...hmm...another talkative, but caring type, always ready to jump into danger for her friends.

Antagonist: Me myself. I love to play the bad guys... :plot: Well, that, and I can't imagine them playing bad guys. :XD:

Same question. I can't think of new ones right now.

Back