Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

Just watched the footage and as much as I love Keiko and Lantana as an album, she really needs to sing Be Yourself differently live. She tries to hit the highs by shouting them out when she should just reduce the pitch slightly by compressing the range of the song. Idk, maybe she is struggling with her voice atm because she isn't consistent. Even on Endroll (which is an easy song to sing), there were one or two shaky parts.

I appreciate that she is experimenting with different singing styles, but when she sang Nanairo no Finale on that tv show she was brilliant. I hope she isn't damaging her voice by pushing to go higher than she comfortably sing.

Last edited:
Just watched the footage and as much as I love Keiko and Lantana as an album, she really needs to sing Be Yourself differently live. She tries to hit the highs by shouting them out when she should just reduce the pitch slightly by compressing the range of the song. Idk, maybe she is struggling with her voice atm because she isn't consistent. Even on Endroll (which is a piss easy song to sing), there were one or two shaky words.

I appreciate that she is experimenting with different singing styles, but when she sang Nanairo no Finale on that tv show she was brilliant. I hope she isn't damaging her voice by pushing to go higher than she comfortably sing.

I just saw the live as well. imho she just needs to stop singing be yourself lmao it's not a particularly good song after all. tbh as much as i love Keiko i hope she would just stop doing contradictory things when singing those higher notes - trying to belt but at the same time lowering her larynx. the end result is those shouty tone and cracks.

when she's good - she's REALLY good. after 3rd time listening to it, the second song (michite wa kakeru or smth) grows on me. Ray, hajimari wa (despite her annoying tone), Tameiki no Kieru Machi, and yuugao were really good. Akane was super inconsistent. really love the added violin on yuugao. it's kinda weird that she kinda sounded better singing those G4 ups when she sang may'n song lol i would say end roll was good and change the world's color isn't bad except for that belty-shouty end of reffrains. to the beginning was an odd choice... with may'n range they should've done idk maybe Magia or Hyakka Ryouran because Wakana's parts on Hyakka was not as high as in ttb
Nanairo was much better than the one in her first live tho there was incident where she lost her voice but well it's the last song before encore so i kinda get that she must've been so tired at that point. there was one new song before end roll which i really liked the verses but hated the reff. really enjoyed Keiko's duet with mayn on Angels we have heard on high even though that one christmas song kinda threw me off lol. Keiko wore a cross necklace, maybe she converted to Christianity or Catholicism? it could be just an accessory but that one random christmas song kinda makes me question it. (please don't look to much into this, it's just my random musing)

tbh quite an enjoyable live despite the shit start with be yourself. the ending where she kinda conversed with some of the audiences was super cute. i love her and she's still super beautiful.

https://fictionjunctionstation.com/contents/401528

FictionJunction Board​

2021.01.21 Thu
KEIKO

KEIKO 無観客・生配信チャリティーライブ出演決定!​

Fj Boardをご覧の皆さま、こんにちは。

KEIKOスタッフです。

この度、小児がん治療支援チャリティーライブに出演することが決定致しました!

「LIVE EMPOWER CHILDREN 2021 supported by Aflac」
■日時:2021年2月15日(月)開場17:00/開演18:00  
■料金:無料(生配信)
■配信プラットフォーム: LINE LIVE、mu-mo LIVE、YouTube

詳細はこちらをご覧ください。
https://empower-children.jp/lec/?pr=lec002

URL for YouTube stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORIiQ22Po-E

Wow just listened to nanairo live — love the addition of Konno and korenaga. Studio version really really lacking in instrumental department

Can I be guided to which link is the one of the concert? I’ve had an 18-day family-wide COVID diagnosis and wasn’t really paying proper attention 😅

EuQ8bV7VkAEJQMW.jpeg

New single releasing March 10th.

Tracklist:
01. 桜をごらん (Sakura wo Goran)
02. 笑ってやる (Waratte Yaru)

https://avex.jp/keiko-singer/news/detail.php?id=1089556

I transliterated Michite wa Kakeru and Waratte Yaru if anyone is interested. I studied some Japanese at university but I'm not an expert; there may be errors, but I've been playing them on repeat and not noticed anything.
EDIT: thanks Decretum for helping me fix a couple of things :)

Waratte Yaru

why did you ever say that I'm the only one for you
you think you knew me but you never looked inside my heart
do you have anything to say?

yoishireteta koi wa zutto hitori yogari datta no
baby minna warai hitotsu de zenbu nagasutsumori

blinded by your love (and i am laughing away)
as if the past (were all ok)
happy ending is what awaits me
maybe i will face (this, all over again)
as i go down (this path of love)
waratte yaru wa sono sugata gotta move on

why do you still come on to me like I'm the girl for you?
I'm not that tough, so stop pretending like you know me well
Do you have something to say?

anata ni ni au you ni nante kaeta fuku to meiku
baby muge ni sareta junjou ga hitori oitekebori

blinded by your love (and i am laughing away)
as if the past (were all ok)
maybe i will face (this, all over again)
as i go down (this path of love)
waraete kuru wa kono sugata gotta move on

kimi no shiuchi mo
watashi no baka mo
kanshou ni hitatteku sunzen
joudanppoku kakikaete
ah kuishibatte

blinded by your love and i am laughing away
as if the past were all ok
bye-bye fugainai anata no tame ni
naite ageru ashita wa konai

I'm still standing wakaru deshou
waratte yaru wa murishitemo gotta move on
gotta keep on

gotta move on gotta keep on
gotta move on gotta keep on

Michite wa Kakeru

koboreru shizuku netsu wo ubai hajimaru
tsuyoku tsuyoku sono te nigiritta
mienai kanjou kimi no kamen ga ochiru
kuraku kuraku kuraku sora ga tozasaretekuyouni

shizumu kotoba wa aizu no hitotsu de sou
fujou shiteku ishiki zenbu sore wa sore wa otogibanashi
uso mo honto mo mazete usureyuku boku no koto sagashite

michite wa kakeru kagayaki ga shoumetsu suru melody
unmei no tsubasa hirogete tobitachi
michite wa kakete kurikaesu hibi ni machigaenaide
subete wo torimodoshiteiku souzou wo yuru ga nai kotae motomeru michi he yuku tame ni

hageshi shoudou kimi wa hitomi wo hiraku
hibiku hibiku hibiku sora wo furuwasetekuyouni

nibui itami wa kokoro no douki de sou
toki akasare imi wo shiru yo kore wa kore wa naishobanashi
kage mo katachi mo nai no soko ni iru boku no koto mitsukete

michite wa kakeru terasarete nari hajimeta symphony
kanjou wo moyashi tsudzukete kakeru yo
michite wa kakete furikaeru koto wa itsudemo dekiru
itsuka omoidashita basho he to yuku tame ni

michite wa kakeru (sora ni wa)
kirameite kirameite ita
michite wa kakete (shime shite iru)
akiramena do nai kibou da to

michite wa kakeru kagayaki ga shoumetsu suru melody
unmei no tsubasa hirogete tobitachi
michite kakete mo owari naki tabi wa susunde ikuyo
senmei ni hikaru michi wa koko ni aru yo kimi to boku tadoritsuku miraizu he iku tame ni

Last edited:
Wow! You did a really good job! I’ve been looking everywhere for lyrics but couldn’t track them down, so thank you so much! (Not like I blame them lol, Waratte Yaru’s a really fast song).

I did re-listen to it and heard just two minor differences so I’ll add my input! Haven’t listened to Michite wa Kakeru yet so I’m just gonan focus on WY.

I think it’s ‘knew me’ instead of ’know me’. And on ‘Baby muke ni sareta junjou ga hitori oitekebori’ I hear mune instead of muke. There’s also some weird stuff I keep hearing during the English sections but I think that’s just a me thing. Everything else is spot on!

Wow! You did a really good job! I’ve been looking everywhere for lyrics but couldn’t track them down, so thank you so much! (Not like I blame them lol, Waratte Yaru’s a really fast song).

I did re-listen to it and heard just two minor differences so I’ll add my input! Haven’t listened to Michite wa Kakeru yet so I’m just gonan focus on WY.

I think it’s ‘knew me’ instead of ’know me’. And on ‘Baby muke ni sareta junjou ga hitori oitekebori’ I hear mune instead of muke. There’s also some weird stuff I keep hearing during the English sections but I think that’s just a me thing. Everything else is spot on!
Thanks for the feedback :)

I've double-checked the lyrics provided in the K002 insert and 'knew me' is indeed correct so I'll amend that now. All the English I just copied verbatim from the insert so any weird stuff is probably just Keiko's pronunciation haha.

On the second point, 'muke' and 'mune' are both incorrect. The kanji 無下 is properly read as 'muge', an adverb meaning bluntly/flatly/out of hand/completely so I'll amend that also.

I've had a look at the transliteration and suggested a couple of changes - no major issues though. As far as the actual translation goes, that would take me a long time and I'd be fudging it so best to leave that to someone else haha.

@Decretum -> Michite wa Kakeru was performed on Keiko Room on Youtube today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdovYPOo5I

Last edited:
Back