Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

I liked grunty's comment for the "audio is definitely not from the video". Hajimari wa would sound great if only Keiko doesn't mewl as it's kinda annoying and she sounds so unsupported - and for real she sounded and looked like she tried too hard singing that way, horrible decision from Keiko and the song's producer(s). Both glad and sad because Hajimari wa is exactly my type of song actually but why mewl, Keiko.

I guess for now I'll stick to my izone girls.

whats up with that overly high pitch voice ? It would sound alot better if she sang in her alto range -_-

I understand if she used the high pitch in some kind of song that it would fit, but here it DOES NOT.
I feel like she's trying to distance herself from the past with this kind of singing. It feels like its the high pitch that she is forcing and not the alto voice like we thought when the first high pitch song came out. At this point she's soon gonna have vocal chord issues like Wakana did.

Jazzy songs are for mezzo or alto singers, cant even think why she decided to sing in high pitch, except for the reason i said before.

Jazzy songs are for mezzo or alto singers
Not really. Jazz songs are always transposed to fit whatever register. Hell, Joelle is a jazz singer. Jazz singing is more about rhythm and phrasing.
Can't think of soprano jazz singers, but Johnny Mathis and Chet Baker were tenors.
Also, it's contralto reeeeee.

Eeuuuhh . . . . I reeeeeaaaaaallly HATE to say that I’m not into it but I usually enjoy the truths of this forum and would hate to contribute to tarnishing. I’ll admit, I also had much less of an issue with Ray than most and could certainly appreciate and admire it more than this.

What I believe is even more unfortunate is that I could go on in the worst way but will support KEIKO by NOT being “that bitch” . . .

So... Ray/Hajimari wa.

I really like Ray, definitely my type of song. Buuut... what was that nasal voice before the chorus, sounds weird. Yet, I think I'll continue listening to it.
About Hajimari wa, I don't even know how to describe this song. The only think I can say is that it resembles (at least for me) to a Disney movie song.

keiko please promise to never sing Kimiga hikarini kaeteyuku live again if you insist on using this style of singing
I find it weird how she drops the lighter, open voice after the first refrain. Like, gurl, sing it well from the beginning. Those opening lines are important as fuark, especially since it's only her and the piano.

Her obvious tone issues aside, I have more of an issue with her diction and her lack of precision when hitting the notes in Hajimari wa.

Her pronunciation and vocal delivery is sloppy, and while it's intentional, it doesn't mean it's good. The song is more RnB and indie, but it didn't need to be sung... that way. Shane because the song is actually good.

Same with Ray. It sounds strangely reminiscent of Wakana's Tsubasa (the chorus especially), but the song sounds disjointed, like the verse and chorus were meant for two separate songs. Inconsistent tone here as well. Not a fan of the "mada tarinai yo" parts. Certainly a better song than Be Yourself.

Both the new songs are crap. They are doing a Zard vibe with her videos though and I guess that has its appeal to the boys out there.
I hope they didn't spend good money to write and arrange these songs because they sound like Garageband cookie-cutter songs templates.

Back