Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

Well to counter the abundance of positivity and encouragement, I’ll be one to say I’m at least a nice level of excited regarding the single. The instrumental sounds like some In-My-Room-era Utada with another touch.

Now this instrumental, I like.

edit: Listened to Ray... err. I don't want to say it's like nails on a chalkboard, but... eh I guess I am.

Last edited:
Ray full version is out. Its vibe is kinda like Wakana's Tsubasa but more somber (?) idk how to describe it well. Have to say that I like it a lot more than Inochi no Hana and whats her other song i don't remember. What irks me the most is Keiko's nasal-whispery way of singing in the verses. Why. She sounds more like her usual self in the chorus but still starts the chorus with a more nasal-tone. I like it enough to listen to it again so definitely a step up than her previous single imo.

With the exception of the first part of the bridge (before the 3rd minute mark), the song does absolutely nothing for me and I actively dislike Keiko's voice and delivery in everything but that part.

We'll see if the single version uses the same audio, since they are boasting the MV features live vocals from the video recording.

With the exception of the first part of the bridge (before the 3rd minute mark), the song does absolutely nothing for me and I actively dislike Keiko's voice and delivery in everything but that part.

We'll see if the single version uses the same audio, since they are boasting the MV features live vocals from the video recording.

Yeah like i don't find the song to be as boring as her previous songs but ugh Keiko why do you have to sing like that :( her delivery in the verses sounds closer to mewling and i don't like it at all.

Also to clarify on some things, despite Keiko's unusual delivery I like the song's melody enough to listen to it not only once. Other than her nasal-whispery singing I'm not the biggest fan of her overall delivery in a sense that she changes her tone a lot in one song and that makes the song sounds really... choppy. I'm supportive of this Keiko trying all new singing style but on this song I feel like it's too much. It's like she knows that the song doesn't have much going on so she tries to alleviate it by singing it that way but it doesn't work because they (the song and Keiko's delivery) just clash with each other.

I kinda get what grunty means with the song's arrangement but it doesn't bother me as much. I'm yet to hear a good balance in Keiko's songs I'm sad. Hopefully she'd find a good balance in Hajimari wa because I really like the instrumental.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure if it's just the voice for me. I mean - it's not that different in the verses from that one bridge part that I kinda liked.

I think I hear what they were going for... sort-of?... (Or maybe the bridge was just a lucky accident, lol) but the song from melodies through arrange to delivery and overall sound just does not work for me at all.

Happy for everyone who likes it.

For me it sounds like a typical shounen anime song. Dont really like keiko's high pitch ver voice, it sounds kinda forced for the most part of the song.

Woah, Keiko just gets better and better, I like how she's trying out and experimenting with new and different styles

Looking forward to 始まりは next

I like the new style as well. However I find the beginning of the chorus to be forced, as George has pointed out.
Love when she sings the lower notes

I guess she' was trying something new in the verses but eh, it didn't work for me. She sounds better in the rest of the song.
As for the song itself, I like the refrain. The verses sound like they're for a different song.
So far it's a slight improvement, but considering the other song is described as having the essence of hip hop, I'm not holding my breath, hue.

Inb4 y'all haters bla bla bla.

Back