Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin Gets Anime Film

some thoughts... i had to listen to it again to form an opinion which is due to the interfering ambient tracks which i'm sure worked in the ova.

i actually didn't care much about hanae's track from the beginning but i thought it could be nice in what might have followed.

i agree with Kowz on the issue of melody lines. There are far too many similarities within the ost (and perhaps with other osts as well). Nevertheless i think i like all the variations; this ost is perfect for relaxing music. Favorites: M4, 8, 23, 35.

p.s. I also like M19 but the sound effect between 1:15-1:19 sounds like a washing machine which annoys me a bit (apart from the fate/zero effects).

Extra Chorus was great fun. The first and last segments were pure fanservice (in a general 'something for the fans' sense, not in a sexual way) but the middle part was a surprisingly moving piece that linked the first and third films together nicely. Sure, the animation and character designs aren't up to the original seven films' standard, but as a "we made this to make your trips to the cinema/DVD shop feel more worthwhile" gesture, I really appreciated it.

Also: THAT CAT. :XD:

^ Agree, but I need to watch the movies again to understand the middle part.
I keep failing to understand the philosophical discussions between Shiki and the cigarette woman :XD:

I just finished watching Mirai Fukuin

The bomber reminds me Accelerator in both the style he talks/moves and how he became from evil a good person
Still surprised that Mana seems to want be in relationship with him even though she's around 10 years old. Wondering how Shiki is going to approve of him
So the brow haired girl, Shiho Shizune was unrelated with Shiki (for a moment I thought that she was her daughter)
Also Mana seems to be copy paste of Kokutou's character and eyes/hair.:XD:

Last edited:
Commie subbed the movie, and is working on Extra Chorus.
UTW is also planning on subbing it, but they're busy with the Chuuni movie.

IMPORTANT WARNING:

After watching Mirai Fukuin, you have to rewatch the part of ep7 (murder investigation part 2) which appears after the ending song. It's an important clarification about Shizune's prophecy, and you totally get the wrong impression about the prophecy unless you rewatch that! And the first time you watch it, you don't know who she is or what the prophecy was about and it gets deleted from your brain :XD:

Been rewatching KnK with friends this week, and then i noticed that part and had an enlightenment :XD:

Back