Kana lyrics and translation errors

F

Frundan

I would like to suggest adding the original song lyrics written in kana to the Lyrics section of the site.
I've been learning Japanese for quite a few years now, and I can say by experience that translating from kana is a lot more easier than from romaji; especially when they sing something completely different in the actual song or the lyricist starts messing around, giving the translator a hard time... (see any Sound Horizon song for further reference)
Also, I've spotted several errors in ZERO's translations, ranging from the very minor (here we stand in the morning dew) to the kind that makes me cringe while reading (Hoshikuzu); and all of them could've been avoided if he/she used not the romaji but the original kana lyrics.

What Zero uses while translating was the kanji lyrics that were in the booklet of each single/ album and not the romaji that are featured in each lyrics page of the section. Also some time ago thre was request for adding kanji lyrics, but we have the same problem as in your request: There is no space for it, and the only solution would be popup windows, and Kerahna (the site admin) is against them.

btw Welcome!

I saw Frundan's comment on the lyrics and that's right, maybe Zero took the kanji from the booklet and turned it into kana or romaji and then used that to translate and maybe forgot to check the kanji to make sure about the meanings.. I'm guessing cause I do exactly the same when I translate and those mistakes happen to me too.
Btw, is there any place we can discuss about the translations, correct them, etc?

Back