Kalafina's new single ~Kimi no Gin no Niwa~

IIRC, Hikaru did a lot of wall-leaning in TTB. That seems to be a fairly standard angsty music video action though. Ballet shoes, on the other hand...

Re:

Coral said:
My single arrived a few days ago, after an eternity in the mail. Finally watched the music video.

I found it quite charming. I'll probably understand it a bit more once I see Madoka Magica: Rebellion, but the fact that it makes me intrigued is a good sign. The end shot of the toy carousel really stuck with me. Plus, camera/lighting/editing seemed well done--at least they looked like they were putting work into it, rather than trusting the prettiness of the girls, their dresses, and the background (I'm looking at you, Hikari Furu). Might be my favourite PV if only the dresses were better.

I chuckled a bit when Wakana picked up the ballet shoes. First thought: Yep, Wakana's always the one getting the extra action (cupping the moon in TTB, reforming the flower in Magia, petting the goat in Moonfesta... except Kagayaku where it's Hikaru with the candle). Second thought: Hmm... ballet... that Manten choreography during Type-Moon Fes...

Keiko did get some action in Lacrimosa PV. The sexy hair-swinging and dancing. For me it's the closest one to 'action' in Kalafina PV. :XD:

^Right, she got to play with the mask. (I dunno if "hair-swinging" counts--I was mainly referring to stuff that involved an object). But Wakana's getting all the playing-with-object actions post-Kagayaku.

Top 100 Best Seller CD Anime Single Ranking 2013 period 11/12/2012 - 9/12/2013 from KERO TV Ranking

13 54,824 06/11/2013 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari ED - Kimi no Gin no Niwa

89 18,980 02/10/2013 Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin theme song - Alleluia

AKB48 gets the top spot, while Linked Horizon and TM Revolution x Nana Mizuki gets recognition too. They were mentioned in an article by ANN.

Unfortunately, it seems they have not mentioned Kalafina making it to the ranks, in which Kalafina is ahead of Linked Horizon (#35). Just sayin...

EDIT: Looks like I was referring to another list after all, which is different from the list by Kowz.

Wow, those are some good numbers considering its recent release. Well done, Kalafina, well done indeed.

Kimi no Gin no Niwa is officially Kalafina's best selling single with 58,556 sold. Hikari Furu is in second place with 58,379, and To the Beginning in third with 52,413.

Re:

Kowz said:
Kimi no Gin no Niwa is officially Kalafina's best selling single with 58,556 sold. Hikari Furu is in second place with 58,379, and To the Beginning in third with 52,413.
Almost seems a bit weird to me that Hikari Furu would outsell Magia, but eh, I suppose it had the advantage of Madoka Magica's rather huge fanbase having already been around for ages by the time HF came out. Totally okay with KnGnN and TtB being among their best-selling singles though, as they do contain what I regard to be their best songs post-AE. Which is to say, Kimi no Gin no Niwa itself + Manten. To the Beginning is okay, but it always seemed a bit... uninspired to me.

Back