Kalafina to Perform on LisAni LIVE 2017/01/27

These performances should be the first time one Kalafina member performed separated from the other 2, but its still very nice and pleasant to watch

does anyone know how to download it ? the sites i used to use dont grab it anymore :(

Last edited:
I need to download that Oath Sign. NOW. Kalafina x LiSA on Oath Sign = Pure Awesomeness!!!!!

Add This Illuision, Träumerei, and One Light to that as well :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Sign was amazing like expected.
This Illusion sent shivers down my spine when Wakana sang. Holy shit so good. :TdT:
Hikaru sounded freaking awesome in Traumerei. :sohappy:THIS is what her natural singing voice sounds like, which is way better than the one she uses for Kalafina songs. I wish she could use this voice for more songs. T.T
Kagayaku was okay, but yeah, Keiko and Lisa didn't really harmonise very well.

One Light was okay. Lisa's voice overpowers Hikaru and Wakana so it's hard to hear them.

I still loved this Cross Stage. I want moarrrrr. And it also shows that Kalafina can perform well even if solo. Hikaru especially - so much energy in Traumerei. Also no Marchen? :(

Hikaru sounded freaking awesome in Traumerei. :sohappy:THIS is what her natural singing voice sounds like, which is way better than the one she uses for Kalafina songs. I wish she could use this voice for more songs. T.T
I know!!!!!! I think I've found the root of Hikaru's voice problems- Kajiura is "instructing" her to force-sing in a nasally voice (compared to her normal, less nasally voice) that in reality makes her voice incredibly strained, thin, weak, and unstable (sounds especially bad when compared to Wakana & Keiko who don't have these problems). If she keeps singing like this, it will damage her voice irreversibly.

Unfortunately I can tell there's already been some damage; her voice is starting to have a somewhat raspy tone to it that was never there, period (a sign of vocal damage). I'm not going to lie- if this is what is happening, then I am furious with Kajiura for quite literally ruining someone's voice.

The performance in Träumerei shows that the way she sings in Kalafina isn't natural. How she sounds in there is how I remember Hikaru sounding before her voice problems. Sure, she's a bit unstable on the chorus, but it's high with some pretty big jumps (even LiSA has trouble with it, though she's not the best live singer).

Anyway, enough of my doomsday rant about Hikaru. I thought most of the performance was pretty solid- This Illusion, Oath Sign, and Träumerei were extremely good imo. One Light was also good, even though LiSA did sing really loud on the choruses. Kagayaku I thought was ok; LiSA did a much better job than I expected. Maybe she should put in a dark ballad into one of her albums, it would sound pretty cool imo. Like people have said though, she didn't harmonize well with Keiko at all. I think they should've put Hikaru on the harmonies, since her voice is more similar to LiSA's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't care for LiSA so all comments are about the girls. Except Kagayaku, hue.

Oath Sign: bretty gut. No complaints.
This Illusion: Poop. Wakana's barely audible in the verses, but then again it's probably too low for her register. In the refrain it sounds like she's singing from the throat. Also, goat vibrato, hue.
Traumerei: Hikaru sounded fine. Got bored listening to the song, so I stopped halfway through.
Kagayaku...: Puke.jpg. Kalafina fine tho.

Wakana bad in her Ongaku solo. Wakana bad when singing high notes at the end of RyB (Gurl, don't look down when singing high notes. It doesn't help in any way with high notes.)

Kajiura is "instructing" her to force-sing in a nasally voice

Considering she doesn't sing whole songs with a nasal voice, it seems more of a bad habit or just bad technique (which wouldn't surprise me). You can hear that in Magia. Ex. listen to the last refrain, when she sings NEGAI. You can clearly hear she switched to a nasal tone when she started to sing the I. Why? Nobody knows~ But it makes her voice barely audible.

I know!!!!!! I think I've found the root of Hikaru's voice problems- Kajiura is "instructing" her to force-sing in a nasally voice (compared to her normal, less nasally voice) that in reality makes her voice incredibly strained, thin, weak, and unstable (sounds especially bad when compared to Wakana & Keiko who don't have these problems). If she keeps singing like this, it will damage her voice irreversibly.

Unfortunately I can tell there's already been some damage; her voice is starting to have a somewhat raspy tone to it that was never there, period (a sign of vocal damage). I'm not going to lie- if this is what is happening, then I am furious with Kajiura for quite literally ruining someone's voice.
As far as I can tell, Kajiura's involvement with their performances is limited to the studio recordings; lives are totally left to the girls' discretion. Even so, it's pretty silly to say that Kajiura is ruining someone's voice when the person in question is an adult whose whole profession is singing. She can give suggestions, but ultimately it's the responsibility of the performers to maintain the health and quality of their voice.

It was precarious to assume all the blame on Kajiura, I admit that. However, I still stand by my position that Hikaru needs to change her technique (especially in lives) or else she will damage her voice.

I have seen the Cross Stage and both This Illusion both Traumerei were the perfection!!!! OMG so so well done!! I'm unfortunately only disappointed by Kagayaku, non for Keiko X Lisa vocal combo (I love them together), but by the realization of the cover! Wacc and Hii wouldn't have done the kajiurago part in that case, firstly because it had to be a duet cover, secondly because Lisa, doing these parts, maybe would have changed the impact of the cover! For Kee X Lisa it's perfect an upbeat song!!
For the group covers I have nothing to say! I really loved both Oath Sign both One Light! And I liked the single performance of the girls <333

This might be a mean thing to say, but I feel like all those songs would have sounded better without LiSA. It is not an objective opinion, of course, but still...
Lisa's got energy, but vocally Kalafina is superior. Oath Sign was way, way better when Kalafina sang it. And Taumerei honestly sounded better when Hikaru sang it.

I wish Kalafina sang Ichiban no Takaramono. That would've been prefect for a Wakana/Keiko duet.

Lisa's got energy, but vocally Kalafina is superior. Oath Sign was way, way better when Kalafina sang it. And Taumerei honestly sounded better when Hikaru sang it.

I wish Kalafina sang Ichiban no Takaramono. That would've been prefect for a Wakana/Keiko duet.

I also liked This Illusion better when Wakana was singing. Imagine this as a Wakana/Keiko duet too, and some Hikaru here and there (I'd love to listen to that). I don't know, I'm obviously biased, but I'd never cared for LiSA's songs and yet liked the ones with the girls, and cringed a bit with Kagayaku. Anyway.

Listened through some of the performances again, though this time skipping Magia cause she always sounds incredibly strained there. I think she is getting better (compared to how she was at the Arena live), but I still think she needs to alter her technique so she isn't (or at least doesn't sound) as strained.

Anyway, I'll be downloading for the mp3s for Oath Sign, Träumerei, and This Illusion as soon as they appear :XD:. I want Wakana and Keiko to do a cover of This Illusion and Hikaru a solo cover of Träumerei because of this live, I'm sure both would sound really good.

Anyway, I'll be downloading for the mp3s for Oath Sign, Träumerei, and This Illusion as soon as they appear :XD:. I want Wakana and Keiko to do a cover of This Illusion and Hikaru a solo cover of Träumerei because of this live, I'm sure both would sound really good.

Can you please share them with me if you find them? :plz: Also, I agree with you on that last wish. Both covers would be awesome.

The WAKANAxLiSA cross-stage just showed me how WAKANA will never survive as a solo artist lmao Sorry her vocals were too weak for me to appreciate her without KEIKO backing her voice up.

HIKARU sounded great in whatever that song is called, Trau something.

Damn, LiSA was not a good fit for Kagayakusorano shijimaniwa lmaooo

Finished watching now, and while I really liked some parts, some aren't as good. I think the collabs really highlighted how LiSA is used to being a solo performer, both in a good and a bad way. The Kalafina girls are instead used to sharing stage and vocals with others, so for them it felt much more spontaneous. But as usual - I hated those blue outfits. The black ones at least were sparkly ;)

I'm not a particular fan of LiSA's voice (either studio or live), because it's often closer to shouting instead of singing, but I do like some of her songs and she does have presence on stage. The collab on Oath Sign was seriously something epic, all sounded amazing and Keiko especially, when she began to sing, was so badass. They were all really into the song and, since LiSA sang the whole first part on her own, the division among the singers in the second part was perfect. On other live performances of Oath Sign LiSA was usually breathless when it came to the last refrain, therefore since this time she didn't sing it all on her own, it was especially great.
On the other LiSA songs, nothing to comment, aside from the fact that I wish Keiko got to sing one with LiSA too (maybe Catch the Moment?). Perhaps it's just my impression, but it looked a bit as if Keiko was neglected...

This Illusion, in the original, is a bit too shouted for my tastes, but having Wakana start it was really amazing. She gave this mysterious feel that immediately caught everyone's attention, and overall she really did an impressive job. She and LiSA started all their parts together very well, even though they always got a bit lost after a while and I didn't really like their higher notes together (except the very last one) because they contrasted, but in the lower parts they were very good, because by being less audible Wakana kind of smoothed LiSA's sharper tone. I have to say that the refrain they sang separately was very unflattering for LiSA, because Wakana did it much better and sounded beautiful, while LiSA was shouting it. Aside from all my nit-picking, it was enchanting - and that embrace at the end :D

Träumerei had such a wow-factor because of how Hikaru sounded (all: low, middle and high parts)! She and LiSA were obviously having so much fun, running around then sitting down, clearly enjoying themselves, and LiSA did much less shrill screaming too :P their voices actually sound rather similar when they sing together, and it made the performance even more powerful.

About the songs by Kalafina, I enjoyed the ease with which they performed Magia (although there's kind of a scary moment as Hikaru is holding the 'negai' before the bridge, when you can see the veins on her forehead about to pop) and it seems as if they are finally getting the hang of Blaze, because it's much smoother, especially in the harmonies where they occasionally used to overpower one another during other lives. Nothing remarkable but also nothing wrong with the performance of Believe, and Identify sounded very strong (even though I do question why they added it to the setlist, same as I question why they added it to the Arena live). Ongaku was fine, the FBM were great, I'm not sure why Wakana chose not to go up the stairs for her solo as usual; Keiko came in slightly yelling too much instead of singing, but she corrected herself immediately. Ring Your Bell would have been perfect if Wakana hadn't had a little trouble with the high notes at the end, where they also didn't harmonize that well.

As for Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa, LiSA did better than I feared, but she still has the shouting tendency that truly isn’t fitting for this song, and it was rather painful to watch. The harmonies with Keiko were rather bad, and it constantly sounded as if LiSA was forcing herself not to shout, and that did sound awkward. Both times when she sang 'sora no' was awful. Agree with @HimeWakana, if they wanted to make it a LiSA&Keiko, they should have done the bridge too, not have Hikaru and Wakana do it as usual (even if it was sung really well by them).

I wasn't really impressed by the collab on One Light either; LiSA sounded at ease in the chorus, but the contrast between her shrill parts and the ones where Wakana takes over was stark. I was a bit disappointed that Keiko seemed to imitate LiSA and in her (few) solo parts shouted instead of singing. LiSA and Hikaru singing together instead sounded as good as they did in Träumerei.

I do think the collabs really proved that LiSA doesn't do well when she has to harmonize with others (she didn't do the Kajiurago bridge in One Light, thank goodness); she's a solo artist, so it's to be expected, but Kalafina's songs are not meant for one single vocalist to overpower the others, and LiSA's voice (and her style) unfortunately tends to do that. The Kalafina girls instead did great in LiSA's songs; Oath Sign in particular was absolutely terrific :)

Back