Kalafina to Perform on LisAni LIVE 2017/01/27

Just listened to them now... I love LiSA with all my heart but yeah... she is definitely a solo artist. Her and Kalafina (minus traumerei with Hikaru) just don't blend as well as I wish they did -.-
Kalafina did awesome covering LiSA's songs though. LiSA.... tried her best I guess? Kalafina might just not be her style.

Traumerei: Just from listening to the audio, there were times when I mistook one girl's voice from the other. I'm not a fan of Lisa's voice, so yea... sorry Hikaru! However, I have no doubt that Hikaru could sing this song much better than Lisa ever could.

This Illusion: This song is a better fit for Wakana than Lisa. It sounds quite nice if I try my hardest to tune out Lisa's voice and just focus on Wakana's.

When the strings came in halfway through Oath Sign (like at around 4:37) I seriously thought that 'to the beginning' was about to start playing like a mashup hahaha

Wakana having to use quite a low voice in This Illusion gives it a more mysterious/tragic feel than the original. And she did a good job trying to complement Lisa with the occasional higher harmony. And I guess because of the way her voice is, it's like butter or cream, good at smoothing out Lisa's rougher tone. But I so just want to see a Kalafina-only cover of This Illusion with Keiko and Hikaru (off-topic but I wonder what happened to the original singer, Tainaka Sachi? She was really good but I never hear/see about her anymore)
ALSO WAKANA IS SO CUTE OMG WHEN SHE HUGGED LISA AT THE END <3

God dang it Rockaru dansu and headbanging gives me life

Watching/listening now. I wish they would show the band a little more. They showed Kore, but not Konno or the others. Hmm. I've liked the performances so far. I will comment on each one later. I am not sure I liked Kagayaku either, it's not one of my favorite songs by them. I prefer Lacrimosa (which I wonder why they don't sing more often?).

Commenting late since I watched the perfomances time ago but the thread was bumped again ~

Overall kinda forgettable perfomances. Kalafina-only songs were good, but nothing that really stood out. We've heard most of those songs thousands of times already. At least Hikaru were better than in other recent shows.
Collabs with Lisa were a mess. I don't think her singing style/technique/whathever works great with Kalafina. Harmonies didn't work, she was too loud and it and the other girls were barely audible. Exception was Traumerei, both girls have similar voices so there weren't any problem. In fact, I really enjoyed it! And totally loved Hikaru's voice and energy!! After some not-so-good times, seeing her like that was such a pleasant surprise!
And then, there's Kagayaku. I need to know who on earth had the idea of putting LiSA there. Her singing is almost screaming and it seems like she can't control at all the power of her voice, which can be bearable for other songs, but damn! Not for Kagayaku! She totally destroyed the emotional, melancholical feel of the song. I love Kagayaku so much, and it's not performed that much, so having it performed this awfully this time makes me want to cry :imdead: On the other hand, Keiko was over the top, as usual. Her solo at the end of kajiurago was truly delightful.
I'm not preteding to hate on LiSA, while I'm not her fan, I think she does well her job. However, she doesn't work properly in a group (specially in one like Kalafina) and there are some songs that are simply not for her. I think the result could be way better if she did a solo cover of OL and Blaze, wich is totally her kind of music. Kalafina should have done the covers by themselves as well, it would totally give an interesting twist to the original songs! :love:

I finally had a chance to watch the Lisani video and I wasn't really sure what to expect, since the only song of LiSA's I consistently listen to is Empty MERMAiD. I enjoyed some performances more than others, but I loved how much fun they were having.

Oath Sign: It was pretty good. I liked both Kalafina and LiSA in this song, though my fave part has to be that Kalafina second verse. :love:
This Illusion: I might be in the minority here, but I liked this collab. It might not be the best for Wakana, but I do like hearing her lower range. Also, I never heard this song before and I liked it. Still gotta see if I like it with just LiSA, though.
Traumerei: Didn't like the song itself as much as This Illusion, but Hikaru and LiSA sounded great together and it's probably the best of the collabs.
Kagayaku: Nope. I think that while LiSA is closest to Hikaru's voice-type, she has more of a rockish (?) vibe that doesn't really blend with this song.
One Light: LiSA does fit with the song and I liked it, but I thought she was a bit loud.

Question for anyone: If there had to be a Keiko x LiSA collab with a Kalafina song, what would you choose instead of Kagayaku? I couldn't really think of any. Kagayaku has no three-part harmony and is an anime tie-in, so that was probably why it was chosen. Though, I guess they could have rearranged a song using only two voices...

Anyway, the other Kalafina performances were cool. I liked seeing another identify performance. :dote:

Question for anyone: If there had to be a Keiko x LiSA collab with a Kalafina song, what would you choose instead of Kagayaku? I couldn't really think of any. Kagayaku has no three-part harmony and is an anime tie-in, so that was probably why it was chosen. Though, I guess they could have rearranged a song using only two voices...

Ongaku, and have her sing Hikaru's part.

Ditto @Kowz. :XD: If it was a LiSA song, then I would probably choose Eien (though I don't think she's performed this in a long time), or ID. The problem with LiSA's songs is that she sings much higher than Keiko, so it would be LiSA with Keiko on the backing vocals :/

Anyway, the other Kalafina performances were cool. I liked seeing another identify performance. :dote:

Blaze, identify, I guess.

I feel like in your eyes would've been a good choice for LiSA's voice. She's also got a better range than Hikaru so she could probably handle the chorus of the song with no probs (maybe some shouting haha). Identify (or even fantasia or progressive) would've been good too, but Wakana would be doing high harmonies with that, so it wouldn't have been much of a Keiko x LiSA collab.

Edit: OH SHIT how could I forget about KnGnN. While LiSA doesn't have that delicate, soft quality to her voice I feel she could add a lot of emotion to it like how she does in Ichiban no Takaramono.

Back