Kalafina (non-Yuki) (disbanded 13-3-2019)

From @TAKA-chan in chat about Wakana's Nagoya concert:

@everyone
Wakana's concert in Nagoya
MCの一部です。
Wakana:東京に出てきて私はいろんな人と出会ってきました。
    その中でも梶浦由紀さんは特別な方でした。
    梶浦さんには「私はWakanaのありのままの歌声が聴きたいから
    自分の信じる歌い方で歌ってみて」
    と言われました。
    でもたまには、力強く歌ってみてや、
    こぶしを効かせてみてとアドバイスをいただきました。
    いろいろなアドバイスを受けるうちに
    「私はこんな歌い方もできるんだ」
    と驚きさらには成長していきました。

This is part of Wakana's MC.
Wakana:I came to Tokyo and I met various people.
Among them, Yuki Kajiura was special person.
Yuki said "I want to hear the original singing voice of Wakana."
And occasionally she said "Try singing strongly
and ??????????."
She gave me a lot of advice.
While receiving various advice,
I noticed and surprised "I can also sing like this".
Them I could grow furthermore.

こぶしを効かせてみてとアドバイスをいただきました。
I think this part is about advice on using 'kobushi', which is a technique in Enka, to sing. Kobushi is basically like a irregular vibrato that decorates the notes.

Interesting, thanks for posting this. I remember listening to Kalafina's rendition of Tsugaru Kaikyou Yuuki Geshiki, an popular Enka song, but Wakana didn't use kobushi at that time. I'm interested to listen to these new ways of singing and Wakana's growth as a singer.

Is that from when Wakana first met Kajiura, or she recently met with Kajiura again before her concert?

I think it's from the first time Wakana met Kajiura because she said "I came to Tokyo and met special people." Because afaik ever since she joined the company Wakana moved to Tokyo from her hometown. Wakana also said that back then her singing voice was not natural, whatever that means.

https://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20190313-OHT1T50178.html

Kalafinaが解散を発表「活動を再開する事は困難」
2019年3月13日20時56分 スポーツ報知
  • 20190313-OHT1I50159-T.jpg
  • Kalafinaの(左から)Hikaru、Keiko、Wakana

女性ボーカルユニット「Kalafina(カラフィナ)」が13日、解散したことを公式サイトで発表した。
 Kalafinaの解散について公式サイトで「弊社所属のKalafinaは、梶浦由記が2018年2月に契約を満了、続いてメンバーの一部が退社し、実質上活動をしておりませんでした。その後弊社では、Kalafinaについて、活動再開を含め、あらゆる可能性を検討してまいりました。しかしこの度、Kalafinaとしては、活動を再開する事は困難であると判断し、改めてKalafinaの解散を決断し、お知らせするに至りました」と経緯を説明した。
 ファンには「これまでKalafinaを応援していただき、活動再開を待ち望んでいらっしゃる多くのファンの皆様のご期待に沿えず、大変残念に思います」と述べ、「Kalafinaのファンの皆様、関係者の皆様には、どうかご理解いただきたく、よろしくお願いいたします」と締めた。

KALAFINA IS BACK BABY!

Pretty funny that a track like that was put in the channel.

Back