Kalafina (non-Yuki) (disbanded 13-3-2019)

I doubt it'll be near empty. I would be more worried about her performance during the concert. If you're singing with an orchestra you better have great vocal skills, otherwise you're just embarrassing yourself and wasting the orchestra's time.
Now, I listened to recordings of their anniversary live, and based on that she's not ready. If she's been taking intensive vocal lessons, master classes, whatever since then, then she might pull it off.
Another thing is that the announcement mentions "an elegant world of music ". This makes me think she'll be performing bel canto repertoire.
Good point. The concert isn't until August, and she hasn't done any lives since the anniversary special. Assuming she's been doing voice lessons and training all this time, would that possibly be enough time for her?

Yeah, I guess there's a big chance she will be using these days to train and get better at it. Hoping she surprises us!
Anyway, if the girls go solo (which seems really likely atm), I can't help but think Wakana will have it the hardest. I'm sure Keiko will have no problem, and Hikaru's voice can do well in any genre, but I cannot picture Wakana by herself. Her voice shines almost exclusively in sad ballads, and out of that she's just meh. Kajiura knew how to "use" her, and had teammates that fit her perfecly. I'd say unless she starts working with some proper composer, her solo career might be just average.
Don't get me wrong, Wakana has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard, and was always my Kalafavourite I wish her success and will always support her. And that's why I'm worried :c

Assuming she's been doing voice lessons and training all this time, would that possibly be enough time for her?
With a good teacher or coach, definitely. I've seen people improve greatly in less than a year.

Her voice shines almost exclusively in sad ballads, and out of that she's just meh. Kajiura knew how to "use" her, and had teammates that fit her perfecly. I'd say unless she starts working with some proper composer, her solo career might be just average.

Folk pop would be a good fit for her, maybe enka, popera IF she improves her technique. I think chanson (a la Edith Piaf) might suit her voice. But I get what you say. Outside of Kalafina, I don't think her voice fits more "mainstream" genres of music.

Wakana's problem of being flat really often still frequently happens and her head voice is still very throaty and weak.

Did anyone notice this at the acoustic lives or the 10th Anniversary live or Songful Days or the Toyosu Celebration?

Last edited:
^Someone recorded the 10th anniversary live. She wasn't great like some reports said.

Yup. But at least she's definitely better than what we heard/watched from their unedited live stages (YKL9, YKL7 - 2011 and 2012 Wakana was really painful to listen to lmao and some Mezamashi lives). watching them in a concert live at the venue has different feeling than listening to unedited recordings, both audio and video.

Regarding 10th anniv live:
Wakana was better but still has problems like I've mentioned before. Showed improvement because iirc there's no song where she totally went off like in YKL9 and YKL7.
Hikaru was mostly painful to listen to. Technically horrible that even people with no music knowledge would notice. No Kalafina girl is great (or even good) technically but no offense Hikaru was that bad.
Keiko was great whenever she doesn't get too excited and shout her way out. Used her cutesy voice way too much tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ That's the thing with Contraltos. They can sing so big and loud, it can sound like shouting. Shirley Manson, Terri Nunn always come to mind when it comes to big voiced Contralto who sound like they are shouting but they are not. I'm sure the sound engineer has to constantly turn down the volume for Keiko's singing... ( while a the same time making Wakana's audible )

Kajiura knew how to "use" her

I hope I don't make this discussion stray too far from its original objectives but tbh I often wonder why Kajiura-san made songs for singer/voice actress whose voices don't suit the song at all, like "synchronicity" (Seriously? For Makino Yui???), which almost got me dead in happiness when Keiko performed it in YK Live. Same goes with "Gin no Hashi" for Omi Minami. This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think they did the song justice... so why she didn't give them "more suitable" songs...

Probably because she's asked to write a song for them.

Sorry if I didn't make it clearer and if I suck at explaining myself, but the thing I'm wondering about is not "why she wrote them songs", but "why she wrote such songs for them". Nevermind, though.

KEIKO basically ruined "Alleluia" for me because she shouted and also "kimigahikarinikaeteyuku" because of cutesy voice.

I thought she was fine in Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete iku because she's been singing it that way since 2012 and imo she didn't sing it as cutesy as let's say in your eyes 2011, but yes for Alleluia. Why Keiko why. Keiko was too loud and shouted her way out while Wakana already sounded really tired at that point.

I'm guessing writing a song that fits the show comes first, then the singer. And if the singer can reach the notes and can emote then that's good enough, hue.
I personally don't like Yui Makinos voice, but I don't think Synchronicity was a bad fit, tbh. It's not really a complex song, and I'm going to guess the lyrics are from Sakura's pov.

On side note I'm still waiting for the day Keiko (and FJ) sings synchronicity ~original arrangement~ ver.

^^ That's the thing with Contraltos. They can sing so big and loud, it can sound like shouting. Shirley Manson, Terri Nunn always come to mind when it comes to big voiced Contralto who sound like they are shouting but they are not. I'm sure the sound engineer has to constantly turn down the volume for Keiko's singing... ( while a the same time making Wakana's audible )

There are instances in which Keiko sings correctly, as in she manages to make her voice loud and big without shouting such as in Yami no Uta, Hikari no Yukue from live vol.9, KnK Medley from live vol.7 and in some recording of Alleluia live, the one from their performance in France 2014 came to mind. Not so much on this 10th anniv performance.

On side note I'm still waiting for the day Keiko (and FJ) sings synchronicity ~original arrangement~ ver.

Eeek. I still remember those days I spent defending her version from deranged Yui Makino fans. I prefer keeping it as distinct as possible from Yui's.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but a distinct impression I got is that Keiko was trying to go back higher in recent performances and songs. Maybe she was aiming to sing at more higher ranges.

http://spice.eplus.jp/articles/190384
Kalafina “Hikaru”の自身初となるWeb連載がSPICEにてスタート! 好きなものを語る「ヲタ活」コラムを執筆
ニュース

アニメ/ゲーム
18:00
  • ツイート
  • シェア
xlQ3RN90UQZFmd2w79Xg8WZtxzXWwGrlSscqgOhqadNcoqI8VJ0NyQMAlDMlMzi1.jpg

Hikaru
画像を全て表示(2件)
女性ヴォーカルユニット「Kalafina」のHikaruが、自身初となるWebコラムの執筆をSPICEで行うことがわかった。
タイトルは「“Hikaru”のただのヲタ活」。Hikaru自身が好きと言い続けているアニメ・コミック・ゲームなどを中心とした好きなものを“オタク的に”熱く語るというものになりそうだ。今回の連載開始に当たり、Hikaruからコメントも到着した。

e4TtYz5UGWx9O798d43Z54rWyWqnn8P0A774PSCVzJL7oTEW0yiOn4RKd17J0Il4.jpg

大変お世話になっているSPICEさんから、素敵なお話をいただきまして……初めてコラムを書きます!タイトルから少し想像はつくかなと思いますが、自分の好きなことを皆様にお話する場所にしたいと思っております…(苦笑) 是非気軽に覗きに来てください♪
Hikaru

第一回は6月12日(火)にSPICEにて掲載、以後月イチ連載として、毎月第3火曜日更新の連載となるので、ファンは見逃さずチェックしてもらいたい。

Last edited:
https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/191587

Dq0o8uzLmC5XzHTQCvK2Q3dyAsy6gtDT3iIzfnov3zHs6UusEUQTLVdLpdDKi4jx.jpg

画像を全て表示(2件)
「Kalafina」のHikaruが自分の好きなものを“オタク的に”熱く語る本コラム。第一回目は自己紹介と、Hikaruが“ヲタ活”をする理由について語りますー
初めましての皆様にも、既に出会えている皆様にも、構えずに読んでいただきたいコラム『“Hikaru”のただのヲタ活』ついに始まりました……! いやぁ……そんなこと言っておきながら、当人が今一番構えちゃってるんですが(笑)。 人生初のコラムなもので……!そうそう、このコラムのお話をいただいた時に「構え過ぎず、自分の好きな事をカジュアルに話せる場所にしてほしい」というお言葉も掛けていただきました。それを鵜呑みにして全力で好きなことを露呈してみようかなと思っております。何卒、お手柔らかにお願い致します!
初回なので、まずは、自己紹介からでしょうか。私は、Kalafinaというヴォーカルユニットで今年10周年を迎えた歌い手です。劇場版『空の境界』全7章の主題歌を歌うためのオーディションで選出され、その後も様々なアニメ作品やNHKのテレビ番組『歴史秘話ヒストリア』などのテーマ曲を歌ってきました。これまで本当にたくさんの作品、素敵な方々との出会いがありまして、SPICEさんとの出会いもとても刺激的で、素敵なライブ記事を書いてくださったり、見せてこなかったステージまでの裏側に触れていただいたり、SPICEさん初主催の貴重なイベント『Songful days』に出演させていただいたり。そんなあたたかい場所だからこそ、このコラムも自分なりの言葉を真っ直ぐに紡ぐことが出来るんじゃないかなと思っています。
この先皆様が戸惑ってしまうかもしれませんので、プライベートな自己紹介もしておかなければ……(笑)
1987年7月2日、富山県で生まれ、2009年にKalafinaの活動のため家族と共に上京。働き者のデキる母と、趣味が似ている妹に支えられて生活。趣味は読書、テレビや映画鑑賞、パズル、睡眠。インドア派。
人生で最初に手にした漫画は月刊少女漫画雑誌(以下、月刊誌)『なかよし』。そして月刊誌『りぼん』も手にし、友人宅では月刊誌『ちゃお』も読んでいた小学校低中学年。小学校高学年からは単行本を買うようになり、今では新刊が何十冊も入った紙袋を幸せの重みだと思う。
人生で最初(幼少期)にハマったアニメは、ビデオテープが擦り切れるまで見た『となりのトトロ』とディズニーの英語教材(「ABCの歌」はミニーマウスが歌ってくれました♪)。昔からアニメは好きなほうでしたが、上京したことと時代が重なり、現在1クール40本程アニメ作品を嗜む日々。
人生で最初に手にしたゲーム機はスーパーファミコン。Play Station、ゲームボーイ、Nintendo DSなどもプレイして、現在は携帯ゲームアプリを10本超。近年は好きな作品のコラボカフェや舞台などにも足を運んでおります。
書き出すと本当に「ただのヲタ活」ですね(笑)。 ちなみに、本は漫画だけでなく小説などの活字も好きですし、テレビや映画はアニメだけじゃなく、バラエティや海外ドラマ(主に犯罪捜査ドラマ)、ラブストーリー、アクション、サスペンスなども見ます。
以前、「たくさんの選択肢がある中で、Hikaruがそれだけの漫画やアニメ作品に触れるのはどうしてなの?」って聞かれたことがあるんです。自分の答えは、ひとことで言うと「現実と向き合うための現実逃避」です。
漫画やアニメ、ゲームは自分にとって、理想や夢が詰まったファンタジーの世界。一歩踏み込めば、別世界へ連れて行ってくれる。そこには、ほっこりするような癒しや眩しい程のキラキラがあったり、気付くと涙が頬をつたっているくらいそっと寄り添ってくれたり、時にはどん底までエグられることもあるけど……(苦笑)
そうやって様々な擬似体験をする。ごく普通の日常だけどリアルな自分はしないような……スポーツをする! みたいな世界もあれば、ファンタジーだからこその魔法や超能力を使ったり、いろんな生き物とお話ししたり、この世のものとは思えないような美しい景色を見たり出来ちゃう世界もある。
そして、理想や夢が詰まっている世界に在るキャラクターたちの姿や言葉にはどこか力強さや希望があって、現実世界で踏ん張る活力をもらえる。素晴らしい作品に触れることで刺激を受け、自分と向き合うことも出来る。自分がやりたいことの再確認、それには何が必要なのか、そこへ向かうための熱量。
だから、最高なときも最低なときも触れていたい。そう思える大切なもの。このコラムでは、そんなふうに自分にとって“大切なもの”についてお話ししていきたいと思います。

突然ですが皆様、今期のアニメは『ルパン三世 PART5』や『銀河英雄伝説 Die Neue These』『ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 第6期』『キャプテン翼』『カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編』『覇穹 封神演義』など、懐かしのアニメを現代の形で楽しめる作品もたくさんあることはご存知でしょうか?
こういった作品からは、たくさんの方々に長年愛されてきたんだなという魅力を端々から感じることが出来ます。初期のぬくもりや面白さはそのままに、そこに今やるからこその気概がみえる……全力を注いでいるその気持ちも滲み出ているように思うんです。それがさらなる迫力や美しさに繋がっていて感動になるのかなと。あの頃楽しく見ていた作品の輝きに触れながら、また恋してしまうような感覚を味わえる。逆に、現代で初めて触れて、過去の作品も気になる! というふうになることもあります。
FVrMdrYrXEAOGzBIkZoCyiUG73qxbHrhgzO1z0kjJuikFiQ4rEskC3odHRttBaQZ.jpg

CLAMPさん好きとしては、前クールから『カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編』のテレビアニメ放送が始まって、漫画とともに毎回作品に一喜一憂しながら楽しんでいます。『カードキャプターさくら』は、魔法のカードと魔力を持った少女に起こる物語。主人公の木之本桜ちゃん(以下、さくらちゃん)は、小学四年生の時に魔法のカードと出会います。カードは「水」「火」「風」「雷」「地」「光」「闇」など53枚あり、生きていて、それらの主になるために奮闘するのですが、さくらちゃんは可愛くて、優しくて、勇敢な女の子! いろんな困難に立ち向かいます。その姿や言葉にたくさん勇気をもらえるんです。中でも、「絶対、だいじょうぶだよ!」の言葉には何度助けられてきたか……!
そして、さくらちゃんの親友の大道寺知世ちゃん(以下、ともよちゃん)の「大好きな人が幸せでいてくれることが一番幸せ」「心に閉まったままでいい想いもあるけれど、どんな想いも言葉にしなければ伝わらない」という言葉。自分にとって大事な時に思い出す言葉たちです。ともよちゃんはおっとりしていていますが、芯のしっかりした強い女の子で、自分の推しキャラです!
今作は、時が経ち、中学生になったさくらちゃんたちの物語。集めたはずのカードが透明になってしまって、また新たな展開になっています。新しいカード。謎を含んだ登場人物。さくらちゃんが活躍する姿をしっかり見続ける所存です!
今回はこの辺りで。最後まで読んでいただき、ありがとうごさいます。次回もまた覗きにいらしてくださると嬉しいです。
では、また次回まで。
Hikaru

http://spice.eplus.jp/articles/193812

1分でチケット即完 シンフォニーコンサートを控えた「Kalafina」WakanaからSPICEに独占コメントが到着
ニュース

音楽

アニメ/ゲーム
11:00
  • ツイート
  • シェア
bXSs9WOjXfWQUN5ogVU3fhIamTffWQBiOoeozhsYNauNhQTi7nclstlIETdBRe6y.jpg

Wakana
8月11日に東京オペラシティ コンサートホールで開催される『Kalafina“Wakana” ・龍 真咲 シンフォニーコンサートwith ローマ・イタリア管弦楽団』。女性ヴォーカルユニット「Kalafina」のWakanaと元・宝塚歌劇団 月組 男役トップスターの龍 真咲がローマ・イタリア管弦楽団の演奏をバックに歌い上げる本公演。Wakanaとしては初めてのソロでのコンサートになる。
情報発表からキャパ数を大きく上回る申し込みが殺到し、6/10の一般券売は1分で即完しているが、本公演に向けてWakanaから独占コメントが到着した。
2018 年に数字が変わってから、もう半年が過ぎました。
私にとって今回のコンサートは、とても久しぶりの舞台です。
春に終えたイベントライヴから 5 ヶ月の時を経て、いよいよ皆さんとお逢いすることが出来ます。
8 月。きっと真夏の暑い時でしょうね。太陽がとっても高くて、日も長くて。夏休みの時期だから、色んな場所が賑わっていて、みんなが思い出をたくさん作っている時なのでしょう。

そんなことを考えながら、皆さんが今回のコンサートへ行くことを決めてくれたとき、どんなことを思っていたのかを想像しました。

オペラシティのあのとっても高い天井。
緑色のシートに、木の感触。
始まるまでの美しい沈黙。
オーケストラの皆さんの足音。
演奏を始める前の音合わせ。
マエストロの方が指揮棒を振る瞬間。
ひとつひとつの楽器が重なって、会場に響き渡る時...
来てくださる方も、きっとたくさん奏でられる音を想像して、わくわくしているに違いありません。

私にとって初めてのフルオーケストラでのコンサート。皆さんと同じようにとても楽しみで、今から興奮しています。そして今回、このコンサートで初めてご一緒させていただくのが、龍真咲さんです。

私が龍さんのライヴに初めて行かせていただいたのは昨年の 8 月、渋谷Bunkamura オーチャードホールでの、ソロコンサートでした。龍さんは凛として美しく、とにかく華やかで、圧倒的な存在感に驚いたことを覚えています。

オーチャードホールの広い舞台の上を軽やかに踊り、まるで宙を舞うかのように美しい声を響かせて。そこに眩しいほどの輝きを放ちながら、立っていました。

そんな龍さんとご一緒に、オーケストラの方の演奏と共に、全ての音楽を存分に楽しみながら、たっぷりと歌をお届けしたいと思っています。
8 月 11 日、皆さんと素敵な日にしたいです。
お待ちしています。

Wakana
本公演ではオーケストラアレンジされた梶浦由記の楽曲も披露されるとのこと、約5ヶ月ぶりに響き渡るWakanaの歌声を楽しみに待ちたい。
ライブ情報
Kalafina“Wakana” ・龍 真咲 シンフォニーコンサートwith ローマ・イタリア管弦楽団

日にち:2018年8月11日(土・祝)
時間:開場15:00 開演16:00
場所:東京オペラシティ コンサートホール
座席:全席指定